“Survivor’s Remorse,” a six-episode half-hour comedy series, follows Cam Calloway, a basketball phenom in his early 20’s who is suddenly thrust into the limelight after signing a multi-million dollar contract with a professional basketball team in Atlanta. Cam, along with his cousin, and confidant Reggie Vaughn, move to Georgia to start Cam’s journey to success.
The two confront the challenges of carrying opportunistic family members and their strong ties to the impoverished community that they come from. Cam, Reggie, and an unforgettable group of characters wrestle with the rewards and pitfalls of stardom, love, and loyalty.
The series is executive produced by Mike O’Malley and LeBron James.
Starz is offering multi-platform, nationwide sampling of the first two episodes of the new STARZ Original Series, “Survivor’s Remorse,” beginning Saturday, September 27, through select websites including Starz.com, the “Survivor’s Remorse” Twitter page, the “Survivor’s Remorse” YouTube page, “Survivor’s Remorse” Facebook page, STARZ ON DEMAND and the free STARZ PLAY app for all users in the United States. The episodes will also be available on Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, Sony Entertainment Network and Xbox Video.
- Cam Calloway has come a long way from the Boston projects by signing to the Atlanta pro basketball team. His next big challenge is deciding who to help – and not help – on his way up.
- Loyal and watchful, Reggie is not only Cam’s cousin, but his best friend and confidant. It’s his job to protect Cam and make sure that he’s focused and stays away from the many distractions along the way - including his own family.
- M-Chuck is Cam’s older sister, staunch defender, and biggest fan. Accompanying the family to Atlanta, she’s a forthright, blunt, loyal sibling who is suspicious of the traps of fame and its impact on her brother. Her boldness often chafes against the expectations the city has for the family being new Atlanta Royalty, and also the Cam “Brand” that Reggie works hard to foster.
- Proud mother of Cam and ready to live a comfortable life as a baller’s mama, Cassie Calloway is brash and unafraid of the consequences of her actions. But she is the family’s rock and despite her gaffes, wants to do what’s right.
- Beautiful and refined, Missy is starting a good life for her and Reggie in Atlanta, a place she’d rather not be. Whether it’s getting Cam involved in charities or picking a country club for her and Reggie, Missy’s social awareness is sometimes out of place with the band of misfits that is Cam’s family.
- The family’s de facto patriarch, Uncle Julius is not only Cassie’s brother and Cam’s uncle, but the kind of guy who would be there for them if it all went away—and the kind of guy who’s gonna enjoy all of the trimmings of success until it does.
First Look Trailer
Pro Money Pro Problems
Red Carpet at the premiere: Arrivals