• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Link Only 1$ With Icey Bundle

Masx

Banned
They ninja removed the 70% off ICEY post for Oct 20-26... I wonder if they will still be doing it as I'm only interested in the game.

This was the original message:

" From October 20 to 26, to celebrate "ICEY" 's 1st anniversary,steam version will be sold at 70% OFF and Japanses ver on the way! "

Here's the cached screen cap as it was all glitchy:

https://imgur.com/a/U7yIk

Looks like Icey was already on my wishlist, and I've been wanting a second Steam Link, hard to beat $9 for one. Thank you OP.

Switch 2018 should have Steam Link built-in.

Dambrosi

Banned
Harsh postage cost notwithstanding, this is a no-brainer to someone who doesn't own either Icey or a Steam Link, like myself. Until about an hour ago, that is.

Kadin

Can yoi refund the game after you purchase the bundle? I really dont care about ICEY.
It's sold as a single item bundle so I wouldn't think you could.

edit: I just tried it and actually... it looks like it will let me refund for $7.69 back. I'm not gonna do it cause I want the game but that's interesting.

Stygr

Banned
It's sold as a single item bundle so I wouldn't think you could.

edit: I just tried it and actually... it looks like it will let me refund for $7.69 back. I'm not gonna do it cause I want the game but that's interesting.

Really? That's good.

MissChief

I'm a bit confused, so does it use wifi to transer the video feed or just a wireless signal ? In other words, do you need an internet connection of this device ? :/

Gintamen

I'm a bit confused, so does it use wifi to transer the video feed or just a wireless signal ? In other words, do you need an internet connection of this device ? :/
Why would it need internet for a connection to your router? No, you don't need that.

All those trying to refund ICEY, pathetic behaviour, but that's your decision.

Stygr

Banned

I think yes,you either go with the wi-fi or use a powrline/ ethernet cable to have a connection to your PC.

Mendrox

best purchase for me this year.

the things works like a charme. PS4 + Xbox Controller easily usable, good UI with the big picture mode, only game that gave me problems at first was NieR Automata, but it works fine now.

Played through Danganronpa V3, Shadow of Mordor and currently South Park through that shiny little godware.

Stygr

Banned
best purchase for me this year.

the things works like a charme. PS4 + Xbox Controller easily usable, good UI with the big picture mode, only game that gave me problems at first was NieR Automata, but it works fine now.

Played through Danganronpa V3, Shadow of Mordor and currently South Park through that shiny little godware.

My net is shitty, do you think i'll get latency problem? I will obviously use an enthernet cable.

Podge293

This is only on local networks, so your internet shouldn't matter.

Also, do we have any idea of why this happened? Too good to believe.

Steam promoting a good game with an awesome deal?

Or they've a shit ton of stock they wanna dump

Or the publisher of Icey offered them a deal

I bought it. I just have to figure out how to fix Steam Big Picture mode to not crash now, so I can use it and update my Steam controller which I bought a month ago.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
well did a refund for the game it said only 8,39 would be refunded.
what means that my steam link should cost a sweet 1 dollar .+ 8 shipping

Mr. Hyde

Great deal for anyone jumping on. My computer is in a different room and buying a dvi to HDMI cable would have been way more expensive than just running an Ethernet cable and this. Plus setting up a PS4 controller is a breeze thanks to their built in Bluetooth and controller support. Every game is fluid and big picture mode works great. I kind of want a steam controller but I'm not sure of the dpad quality for indie games.

SledGod

Mostly been wanting one of these to play couch multiplayer indie games like Crawl and Towerfall in my living room. Anyone have experience using the Link with games that have lower system requirements?

Osukaa

Never had a Steam acct or anything... But this seems like to good of a deal to pass up so I jumped in on it lol.
Now where are all my Anime games/visual novels!!!
Looking forward to digging in the minds of Steamgaf for some games that are pc only.

Keasar

Yeah, just found out after some digging, still kinda a oversight of design of their store when it comes to this stuff. Just give me the "Warning, you already own a copy of this product and won't get another, still wanna go through?" thing.

Edit: I removed it from my library, the Steam store says I don't own ICEY anymore, but the bundle have ICEY still listed as "In Library" so I am still blocked from purchasing it.

Edit2: I still own the ICEY Ost, but not the game, is this the probable cause?

Edit3: Guess it needed time to realize I owned nothing, got through finally.

Crowza

Looks like the deal is gone? Can't find it anywhere and all of the links take you to the front page of Steam.

Aurongel

Valve email:

Hello,
Thanks for your recent purchase of the ICEY + Steam Link bundle.
The ICEY + Steam Link bundle demand was high, resulting in delays in processing and shipping Steam Link orders. We expect all orders to be fulfilled and delivered within 3 weeks and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Many orders have already been processed and shipped and we hope to get to yours soon. When your order ships you will receive an email with tracking information.
Thanks for your support and understanding.
This is an automated email, replies to it will not be read. If you need to contact Steam Support please use the link below to do so.

Top Bottom