• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
It does feel like forever. Be here before we know it, though. I just got in my 4TB external, and transferred everything from my 1S over to it.

Excited for Scorpio!

Nowise10

Holy moly, what model was it and did you include any games? I only have a 500Gb One S, but it seems like I'll be lucky to push past $150. Not gonna complain as I only paid $190 for it, but still...

Was a 2TB Slim with all of its original packaging. I included Forza 5, Alien Isolation, and a sealed copy of Halo 4 I had lying around lol.

I mean after the shipping and ebay/paypal fees I only got out with $270, but still good enough for me.

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Has it posted to your card or just an authorization?

Walmart Canada is notorious for doing holds for the amount of preorders on cards. It might disappear after a few days.

I don't quite get it either. They have been doing it with the games I preordered from them.

Only authorized, otherwise that would be stupid

I cancelled my Scorpio edition pre-order :(

I want one but just can't justify it this year. I'll probably buy it bundled with Sea of Thieves or Anthem next year.

thatJohann

I think I’m gonna cancel my Scorpio preorder on amazon. Despite preordering the minute it went live, Amazon chat says delivery date pending so not guaranteed for launch day. Meh. Best Buy has them in stock for launch delivery. Might do that instead.

Colbert

Banned
I think I’m gonna cancel my Scorpio preorder on amazon. Despite preordering the minute it went live, Amazon chat says delivery date pending so not guaranteed for launch day. Meh. Best Buy has them in stock for launch delivery. Might do that instead.

I do not understand why Amazon US cannot provide a delivery date and Amazon DE does. Especially if you order online with a transactional backend that knows any single time how many machines are left for sale. If it reaches stock of 0 it shouldn't be able to be ordered anymore.

MilkyJoe

Thinking I might keep the Scorpio now... As shit woulod have it i have to work the following 2 weekends after release, so'd be 3 weeks before i get to the shops.

That said, I've not really played anything for weeks, been saving up for special editions, i'm going to make this as much of a new console launch as i can;

Forza 7
CoD WW2
DOOM
Life is Strange BtS
Titanfall 2
Battlefront 2

Just a shame it's not around Christmas

Colbert

Banned
Thinking I might keep the Scorpio now... As shit woulod have it i have to work the following 2 weekends after release, so'd be 3 weeks before i get to the shops.

That said, I've not really played anything for weeks, been saving up for special editions, i'm going to make this as much of a new console launch as i can;

Forza 7
CoD WW2
DOOM
Life is Strange BtS
Titanfall 2
Battlefront 2

Just a shame it's not around Christmas

Same for me but I couldn't resist to touch Forza 7 for some games! So many games to play I don't even know where to start ... or restart ...

MilkyJoe

Same for me but I couldn't resist to touch Forza 7 for some games! So many games to play I don't even know where to start ... or restart ...

I just downloaded the demo to scratch the itch. It amazes me how detailed the tar-mac is in the Storm level on the demo. There's even different coloured stones ffs. And on XOne vanilla... cant wait for that on 4K.

Colbert

Banned
For those who were concerned about the missed opportunity for marketing the Xbox One X I have good news here:

oFVj1FH.png

Sh0k

Quick question abouth the XBOX One X, I have a Xbox One that my son kidnapped and now he is using it playing online with his school friends using my old account. If I get an Xbox One X, can I use my old account as a secondary account in the One X and create a brand new account for myself? I have some games that I would like to download from my digital library to play on the Xbox One.

JeffG

Quick question abouth the XBOX One X, I have a Xbox One that my son kidnapped and now he is using it playing online with his school friends using my old account. If I get an Xbox One X, can I use my old account as a secondary account in the One X and create a brand new account for myself? I have some games that I would like to download from my digital library to play on the Xbox One.

If your son is using your old account, this is what you need to do

Create New Account

On the xbox you son is using login with the new account and set this xbox as your home xbox.

On your new XBox X...login with your old account and set this xbox as the home xbox.

That way, only one account will need to have XBox live and both machines can play online.

Both accounts will also be able to share games

Sh0k

If your son is using your old account, this is what you need to do

Create New Account

On the xbox you son is using login with the new account and set this xbox as your home xbox.

On your new XBox X...login with your old account and set this xbox as the home xbox.

That way, only one account will need to have XBox live and both machines can play online.

Both accounts will also be able to share games

Thanks for the quick reply!

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I got my 4K tv! Mounted it on the wall in my bookroom, and I am going to build some bookshelves around it this weekend(I have way too many books)!

All I need now is the Xbox X.

Mista

Banned
I seen this on another site, you may need a transformer brother, although not sure how consoles work with this kind of stuff, consoles may have their own built in. I'd check with MS customer support before plugging the thing in if i were you.

"There are four differences between using US appliances in the UK : the voltage ( US = 120V, UK = 240V ), the number of watts the product draws (different for each product), the frequency ( US = 60 Hz, UK = 50 Hz ), and the plug on the power cord. In order to convert, you must use a transformer, which is a unit that you plug into the wall and then plug your American appliances into."

Im not from UK but my power is 220V and as far as I know US is 110V?
Yeah checking with MS customer support is a great idea too. Thanks!

brawly

Can someone tell me how the digital Xbox One sales and discounts in the US/UK are compared to PSN?

Because they are garbage for the most part here in Switzerland and that is gonna suck should I get the X.

Drewfonse

Jesus, I promised myself that I wasn't going to get one, but here I am with an X sitting in my Best Buy cart...

univbee

Can someone tell me how the digital Xbox One sales and discounts in the US/UK are compared to PSN?

Because they are garbage for the most part here in Switzerland and that is gonna suck should I get the X.

PSN has region-specific sales but Xbox doesn't, they're global and percentage-based. If on XBL you have a game on sale for 25% off in Switzerland, the US and UK also have that game for 25% off their local currency.

brawly

PSN has region-specific sales but Xbox doesn't, they're global and percentage-based. If on XBL you have a game on sale for 25% off in Switzerland, the US and UK also have that game for 25% off their local currency.

I see. They're probably still cheaper then in the US since games there are cheaper in general. Guess I have to check it out myself.

btags

I managed to pre-order when it first went up but wasn't listed as Scorpio Edition yet. It says on the product page that I ordered it, but it's a weird disconnect I hope doesn't end up biting me.

US here

Same here and I don't have an estimated date.

All the UK Amazon orders have a date while all the US ones don't. I find it hard to believe that not a single person in US will get their console on time. I'm still not worried....

jfoul

Was a 2TB Slim with all of its original packaging. I included Forza 5, Alien Isolation, and a sealed copy of Halo 4 I had lying around lol.

I mean after the shipping and ebay/paypal fees I only got out with $270, but still good enough for me.

I did pretty well with selling my OG 1 TB model as well. Sold it on Craigslist for $240 cash.

• OG Xbox One 1TB
  • Two Controllers (Extra Controller I bought for $25 new)
  • Stereo Headset with Adapter (I bought this for $17 at Sears new)

Then I decided not to get the X and cancelled by Scorpio and Vanilla pre-orders. I'll see how this all plays out first. The only thing I'm missing out on right now is the BC, and a UHD player.

JMY86

All the UK Amazon orders have a date while all the US ones don't. I find it hard to believe that not a single person in US will get their console on time. I'm still not worried....

Yeah I'm not worried this is my seventh console launch purchase form Amazon and I have received all of them on launch day. Supposedly once Amazon receives their inventory they will update the orders.

Where can I get as much as possible for my Xbox One S? I'd like to sell it to get the X, but it looks like Gamestop is only offering $150. Is that the best I can get?

Top Bottom