• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley |OT| Resting Under a Harvest Moon [Up: now on PS4]

LordAmused

Want to get more in depth imporssions about the town and townsfolk stuff before bitting.

Dialogues, npc charisma, what can you do in town, things like that...

I went to the saloon and there were a few arcade minigames over there. Everybody seems to have something to say, but I'm still on the first day.

Played it with a controller for an hour so far and it's great. You can use the right stick like a mouse cursor and yeah you have to use it in menus but it works great. It even has rumble support.

Only downside right now is no shortcut for the map on the controller?

Want to get more in depth imporssions about the town and townsfolk stuff before bitting.

Dialogues, npc charisma, what can you do in town, things like that...

Ill tell you one cool thing: entered a house to find a depressed kid and mom

Found kid's report card, says he's doing bad in school

Cant enter either of their bedrooms because Im not good enough friends with them.

Seems like a lot of depth already!

Aaron D.

Does anybody know if it is possible to slow down time? I know CocernedApe has set it to 7 seconds = 10 minutes in game, but I would like to set it at 10sec/10 mins.

I don't have an answer for you, but based on past experience that sounds like a simple .ini file edit.

Someone with a bigger brain than me might help you find the line to change.

I'd be interested as well as I don't like games where time passes too quickly.

Ill tell you one cool thing: entered a house to find a depressed kid and mom

Found kid's report card, says he's doing bad in school

Cant enter either of their bedrooms because Im not good enough friends with them.

Seems like a lot of depth already!

Oh my!
That sounds excellent.
Yep I think im going to get it.

EDIT
And done!

Also found a letter in the general shop owners kitchen from this big corporate company moving into town suggesting him to apply for the general manager position that pays 5g an hour.

😢

LordAmused

Well I found a geode, but when I go to the blacksmith store, he tells me to put it on his anvil...but that doesn't work, it looks like I can't put it down.

EDIT: NVM, I had to put it down on the anvil WHILE talking to the blacksmith.

Man, I would loveee for there to be some kind of progressive trading quest. This is just a random wish, but I loved playing Oracle of Seasons and trading things with NPCs

So how do you "cure" tiredness?
Do you really need to sleep to the next day? It was morning and I already felt tired working at the farm, I thought it woud recover slowly by just walking and talking in the town but it still was the same, then I threw my new fishing rod to fish something and he became completly tired and only walks slow.

Do you really need to sleep to the next day? It was morning and I already felt tired working at the farm, I thought it woud recover slowly by just walking and talking in the town but it still was the same, then I threw my new fishing rod to fish something and he became completly tired and only walks slow.
You mean getting more energy? I'd assume you gotta eat. Though doctor also sells some really expensive medicine from what I recall seeing in a stream.

You can find some berries, fish also helps, and you can eventually cook later in the game as well.

Found some weird caravan selling rare seeds and a bunch of other stuff like snails? What...

LordAmused

Nice OT. Its sitting in my wishlist when I get home I'll buy it.
Hows the sound/music?

Music is awesome. Really fits the game in my opinion. The sounds are great too, much better than the last few Harvest Moon games.

I just woke up on day 4 to a crow stealing one of my crops! Go away filthy bird!

I'm getting legit angry that no matter what I do I can't install XNA 4.0 to play the game. Really thinking about getting another refund.

Jesus, what a month.

How does the game save, automatic after sleeping?

You mean getting more energy? I'd assume you gotta eat. Though doctor also sells some really expensive medicine from what I recall seeing in a stream.

You can find some berries, fish also helps, and you can eventually cook later in the game as well.

Found some weird caravan selling rare seeds and a bunch of other stuff like snails? What...

So eating it seems. Could buy some joja drink and got 13 energy back. Thats sims like nothing on the enrgy bar, but at least I could run again, thank god.

bounchfx

what are everyones impressions so far?

I haven't had a chance to play since I'm doing some chores but i'd love to hear what everyone thinks

LordAmused

Good enough to jump in now? No game breaking bugs for anyone so far?

I've seen a few reports about the game crashing on startup but so far, it's a silky smooth launch. ConcernedApe spent most of the last 3-4 months fixing bugs.

I've been playing for a few hours now and nothing to report. Go ahead!

EDIT: ConcernedApe has been reading the Steam forums and is already fixing some bugs.

Thanks for the bug reports! I'm starting to work on the next build. Big thanks to everyone who purchased the game so far!! #stardewvalley

Sydle

I've seen a few reports about the game crashing on startup but so far, it's a silky smooth launch. ConcernedApe spent most of the last 3-4 months fixing bugs.

I've been playing for a few hours now and nothing to report. Go ahead!

EDIT: ConcernedApe has been reading the Steam forums and is already fixing some bugs.

Installing now!

Alastor3

I still miss some people to talk to, I don't know where they are X)

Also, is there a fast way to find someone for a quest? For exemple I need to bring Sam a can of Soda, but I have no idea who is Sam.

I still miss some people to talk to, I don't know where they are X)

Also, is there a fast way to find someone for a quest? For exemple I need to bring Sam a can of Soda, but I have no idea who is Sam.

You can look where he lives on the map. Move the pointer to a house and you'll see who lives there. There is also the heart icon (Social) in the menu. There you can see what he looks like. If you've spoken with him before that is. Otherwise he'll just have ??? by his portrait.

Wow, what the. You dont get full energy when you go to sleep?

I only got halve of it after sleeping. I really hope there is some way I can have more endurance or something, becuase it goes down way too fast.

Wow, what the. You dont get full energy when you go to sleep?

I only got halve of it after sleeping. I really hope there is some way I can have more endurance or something, becuase it goes down way too fast.

You need to go to bed earlier. You'll wake at 6:00 AM no matter when you go to bed, but you're gonna need at least 8 hours (I think) to get back all endurance.

Fishing is super hard, and although i seem to be getting the hang of it I dont like that even if the fish is super hard to catch that time (as it moves more erratically in the bar) it doesnt mean is a better fish.

Got with an easier time a 3 inch sardine, and when I finally did one that seem super hard and could get it for the first time, the fish was a 1 inch sardine only. Come on!
Im also seem to be getting sardines in the beach, dont know if its because of the first rod or what. Thought raining morning would get me better fish, I dont even know if climate is something that changes fishing, like in anima crossing or sega bass.

Looovee that I was so exhausted...went to sleep, and only had half energy. It's going to be fun pacing myself. I love a difficult game.

So I only have dualshock 4 and dualshock 3. Anyway I can make it compatible? :(

I really want to play with a controller

LordAmused

Wow, upgrades are expansive. And seeds too! I bought 10 potato seeds and it cost me 500 gold! There must be a way to find seeds for cheaper!

Looovee that I was so exhausted...went to sleep, and only had half energy. It's going to be fun pacing myself. I love a difficult game.

So I only have dualshock 4 and dualshock 3. Anyway I can make it compatible? :(

I really want to play with a controller

x360ce perhaps?

I don't own a dualshock, but have you tried http://ds4windows.com/ ?

It worked thanks!!

Also mannnn, I love this game. Im hopeful for an expansion pack that can add all kinds of stuff.

Is there mod support! For example, Id love some kind of health mod-- how much you're eating/drinking, heat exhaustion, cold, firewood, etc. This is so relaxing to play

God Id buy a 3DS for this. Wish it was getting more love on GAF, but it seems to me that word of mouth ought to be great for it!

Uh oh, I think I fucked up lol

Was putting my rock/wood/various thingy items in the big crate outside my home thinking it was a storage.

But it seems to send them somewhere? It like a rubbish bin or something? Can I get them back?

Was putting my rock/wood/various thingy items in the big crate outside my home thinking it was a storage.

But it seems to send them somewhere? It like a rubbish bin or something? Can I get them back?

At the start, the mayor says he takes things in the storage at night. Not sure if he pays you or what

That's the shipping box. You sell the items you put in there. If you want a storage you have to build a chest.

Does somebody know what the little star in the fish you catched means? I have a 1 inch sardine with a star that seems to have a higuer price whe you try to sell it, but im afraid to seel it if its more important and can be used for something else.

At the start, the mayor says he takes things in the storage at night. Not sure if he pays you or what

That's the shipping box. You sell the items you put in there. If you want a storage you have to build a chest.

At least in only had rocks, minearals and wood lol

Top Bottom