• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8-4 Play 10/6/2017: STEVE WOULD LIKE YOU TO PLAY IT LOUD

d6j1XLA.png

8-4 Play 10/6/2017: STEVE WOULD LIKE YOU TO PLAY IT LOUD
Come for the Super Famicom Mini chat, stay for a really fun interview with our friends working on the upcoming South Park RPG, The Fractured But Whole. Also: Golf Story, Destiny 2 (YES, MORE), Danganronpa V3, and a smattering of news.

Running Time: 2:46:00
・ Direct Download (85.8MB)
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via iTunes
・ Subscribe to 8-4 Play via RSS Feed
・ Follow 8-4 Play on Twitter (twitter.com/84play)
・ Follow 8-4 on Facebook (facebook.com/hachinoyon)

Time – Topic Discussed:
2:09 – Super Famicom Mini
42:30 – Roy played Destiny 2
47:11 – Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
58:40 – Golf Story
1:08:55 – Nao Higo and Jason Shroeder interview
2:23:19 – News: Wii Shop closing, Unsung Story, Sonic 3D Blast secret, Zelda development
2:41:19 – Closing Comments

FF III / VI on SNES is is brighter than most SNES games. Like for example the black backgrounds are more like Neogaf dark theme. It appears this way in all emulation and even on the original system.

boooga

Neo Member
Hi, coming out of the woodworks to defend Megaman X's soundtrack. It's the best! Easily as good as any NES Megaman soundtrack imo.

Wouldn't say the same for any of the other MMX games, though.

Mark and JJ, y'all are really missing out with that one!

urfe

It’s funny, living in Japan with a Super Famicom, and lots of SFC VC games on WiiU and n3DS, I have very little interest in getting a SFCmini.

But to get a North American one, ugliness and all would be amazing. Playing Final Fantasy III and Earthbound in English like that...

It would totally be a nostalgia device, and I would totally beat both games on it. It goes for 20,000 yen on Play Asia now, which I can’t get down on, no matter how tempting it seems when drunk on the train ride home.

—

Good to hear Golf Story being talked about. Shame John wasn’t there as perhaps he’s more of a golf game player than others? After I beat the story, I can see myself just playing quick play or whatever the golf mode is called.

shira

So this Jason Schroeder guy is kind of a big deal
6AzjdQ6.png

Unbelievable how well 8-4 is connected in the game industry.

Top Bottom