• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
That good old MG lol.

That with the curling-bomb launcher special is seriously dangerous.

I was shit (and still am) with the other weapons, but I finish top in most gamers with the MG.

It ain't gonna take long for people online to call anyone using that loadout a "noob". They're just bitter though lol
That's what I've been using!

Anyone having trouble using the motion controls when playing docked using the joycon with grip?

It took me some time to adjust but initially felt off.

And you can only have one item equiped on your character? Eg: can't have glasses and a hat

OCD Guy

That's what I've been using!

I know, that's why I said it. You got a good score with it. In my opinion it's one of the best weapon/loadouts for turf war. I can consistently get 2k plus points when I'm on the winning team. But I'm shit with the other weapons. The special makes a big difference. You can really capture an enemy area with it when you start launching the bombs, and the MG covers ground so quickly.

I think it's only a matter of time before Turf War get's bombarded with people using it.

J@hranimo

Banned
Does this game still give you bonuses for win streaks? I can't find anything, cat doesn't seem to care when I talk to him.

It does, although the cats don't give them to you anymore. They give them to you after matches are done in the results screen. I'm still unsure how exactly the streak bonuses work but I've seen win bonuses of like 3000.

13ruce

Banned
It does, although the cats don't give them to you anymore. They give them to you after matches are done in the results screen. I'm still unsure how exactly the streak bonuses work but I've seen win bonuses of like 3000.

There is a freshness/hot bar it increases after wins and decreases with loses i think. If it gets high you get bonusses.

In Splatoon 1 it worked in a simular way but then the cat gave you money depending on how high it was. Probably it now is xp? (that purple style bonus after lots of wins).

Cyanity

Banned
Anyone having trouble using the motion controls when playing docked using the joycon with grip?

It took me some time to adjust but initially felt off.

And you can only have one item equiped on your character? Eg: can't have glasses and a hat

It feels off because the center of the right joycon is the gyro pivot point.

The matchmaking is still screwed up with weapon variation. I played two matches in a row where we had three N-Zaps and zero rollers. I then switch to a roller, and my first match we have three rollers.

DNAbro

The Stingray might be shit in multiplayer but in Salmon Run, especially during a Salmon Rush round

cJlBUVL.gif

JJShadow

For those using motion controls, what are your gyro sensitivity settings? I'm using the default ones, but I feel like I'm losing most of my 1v1 situations

rnaud

Never really got into Splatoon but I'm having an absolute blast with this. The game feels amazing to play.

Now I need to learn more about other specials and strategies to not die.

Any good video that goes over basic game strategy?

Aerospray def gon get nerfed. Thing is a beast. Special, sub and main weapon are all good. I was using the default weapon and switched. The special aline makes a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom