• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$162 of forbidden sushi. How do I take this L?

You're terrible at making an OP. I can barely comprehend that mess

OP has a part time job at postmates, which delivers food from random restaurants to people who order through its app/website using gig economy employees like OP.

OP is on his last delivery, $162 of sushi, and his phone dies. The only way he knows where to deliver to is the phone app, which he can no longer access.

OP gives away the sushi, contacts postmates later that night who tell him its no big deal, the customer cancelled the order, and they won't fire him

The rest of the thread starts to realize that millennials really are the worst at problem solving as they come up with dozens of ways OP could have fixed the problem on the spot but OP was probably just too tired or secretly hated his job and was subconsciously trying to get fired.

Life in the digital age isn't all its cracked up to be. This is almost a word for word retelling of Hiro Protaganist's story from Neal Stephenson's prophetic Snow Crash, although in that case it was a pizza driver who never lost an order and in this case its a sushi delivery guy who gave up after 2 mins.

How does any phone battery die after only two hours starting at 75% battery? My S7 lasts nearly two days the way I use it. The only time it runs out so fast is if I'm watching something in SLR in VR.

Why didn't you go back to the restaurant? Or borrow someone's phone to call them and get an update on the location? Maybe even called a cab with that info - would be cheaper than $162.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Professional delivery driver.
No chargers in car.
The fuck?

And then things steadily get even more confusing.

Acorn

How does any phone battery die after only two hours starting at 75% battery? My S7 lasts nearly two days the way I use it. The only time it runs out so fast is if I'm watching something in SLR in VR.
My s7 battery sucks balls. Not that bad but I'm lucky if I last from morning to evening.

OP has a part time job at postmates, which delivers food from random restaurants to people who order through its app/website using gig economy employees like OP.

OP is on his last delivery, $162 of sushi, and his phone dies. The only way he knows where to deliver to is the phone app, which he can no longer access.

OP gives away the sushi, contacts postmates later that night who tell him its no big deal, the customer cancelled the order, and they won't fire him

The rest of the thread starts to realize that millennials really are the worst at problem solving as they come up with dozens of ways OP could have fixed the problem on the spot but OP was probably just too tired or secretly hated his job and was subconsciously trying to get fired.

Yeah I think this is the root of the issue. The delivery fee is less than 4 bux, how do people live off this?

Life in the digital age isn't all its cracked up to be. This is almost a word for word retelling of Hiro Protaganist's story from Neal Stephenson's prophetic Snow Crash, although in that case it was a pizza driver who never lost an order and in this case its a sushi delivery guy who gave up after 2 mins.

I was going to make a Uncle Enzo joke but I thought the thread was too millennials to understand.

Also, how are you allowed to cancel a $160 food order? Why is there even a cancel button? I think we need a new thread just to discuss it.

M52B28

Banned
Also, how are you allowed to cancel a $160 food order? Why is there even a cancel button? I think we need a new thread just to discuss it.
I guess support noticed the issues and canceled and refunded the customer.

I've had orders canceled just before getting to the restaurant location. Why? I don't know.

Also, the job isn't too bad. I can manage $30 an hour with tips. I made $200 in 4 hours because the company was doing bonuses.

How do you run your battery from 75% to 5% in 2 hours while you are at your job?
The app is pretty demanding on the battery of your phone. You have to run the app and Google maps/navigation + you have to keep the screen on. Two apps taxing the GPS I guess burns it out. I usually have my phone connected to the charger, but I forgot it and didn't know it would drain battery so much.

You suck at your job.
Thank you.

Top Bottom