• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Lowers MSRP on 17 titles August 14th (PS3 and Vita)

Megasoum

Banned
Fuuuuccckkk and I placed a bid on a new copy of GT5 (non XL) on Ebay last night!!! Same price but extra shipping and it's not the XL... Now I REALLY hope I'll get outbid lol. Fuck

olimpia84

I still regret buying GT5 at launch for full price...probably played the game for like 3 or 4 hours and look how cheap it is now =/

Are these games gonna get the ugly-ass red GREATEST HITS LOL treatment, or is it just a good old fashioned price drop?

At first you'll be able to buy the original packaged games at the reduced price, then shipments of the GREATEST HITS boxes will start pouring in.

What is the source on this?

My source is an undisclosed account executive in the publishing business that I've done business with for ten years.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Nice! Getting started for the Fall price drop on hardware.

Going to get Golden Abyss finally.

apana

I've never really enjoyed Gran Turismo but then again I've never played it in depth. Though $20 is just too good of a deal to pass up for Gran Turismo XL. Is the kart racing fun? I may buy it just for that.

Eric Hall

Definitely gonna pick up Uncharted 3. Borrowed it from a friend, but never finished it.

I'll probably pick up inFamous 2, Jak and Daxter Collection, and the God of War: Origins set at some point as well

Cheska

Excellent price on the Jak collection, it's been hard to find around here so for those even slightly interested in it I'd pick it up without hesitation.

Damn thats what I call a price drop.

Will buy both Uncharteds, Sorcery, maybe Resistance, and Jak Collection early next year after I recover from the Wii U launch.

Urge to buy Vita instead of Wii U rising...but I just can't resist a new Nintendo system. Will be able to get Vita in February hopefully.

Some of those are really shocking. Sorcery just came out, I thought Uncharted 3 was still selling well and they drop it to the loest possible price. Not that I'm complaining. Sony's really gonna try and push the PS3 this Holiday for cheap. Hope they are sucessful with it.

spats

I've never really enjoyed Gran Turismo but then again I've never played it in depth. Though $20 is just too good of a deal to pass up for Gran Turismo XL. Is the kart racing fun? I may buy it just for that.

Kart racing is awesome, especially on the karting track that was in one of the first DLC packs

gt5_kart_track.jpg

Been waiting for Uncharted 3 to drop to $20 and pick this up. I like the multiplayer for it so I can get some extra milage out of it. The online pass cost now 50% as much as the game.

Nizz

Those are some crazy prices! I've got to get my hands on Uncharted 3. Never been too much of a GT fan but that XL edition at $20 seems to good a deal to pass up.

B.O.O.M

Sony has been pretty good with these discounts and such lately. Hope they keep it up. I already own the games I want from that vita list tho.

Cactus

Banned
Did Twisted Metal end up being any good?

I would definitely recommend it if you plan to play mostly online or split-screen.

With the exception of the decent character stories and stylized cutscenes, the single player campaign is pretty bad.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
I misread the title as Sony Lowers MSRP on PS3 and Vita, and my heart skipped three beats. :(

...Anyway, guess they're trying to clear remaining stock on some of these collections so retailers have room for some of those OTHER collections. Makes some sense.

KalBalboa

Banned
I would definitely recommend it if you plan to play mostly online or split-screen.

With the exception of the decent character stories and stylized cutscenes, the single player campaign is pretty bad.

The split-screen cooperative is definitely the highlight of the package, but I thought the single player campaign had some nice variety. Nostalgia definitely fuels the love you can have for the single player, though.

jrDev

Sorcery- MOVE Required - $19.99
Jak and Daxter Collection - $19.99
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition - $19.99

Mine!!

Oh and great Vita prices:

Wipeout 2048 - $19.99
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational - $19.99
I want the Jak Collection! Already preordered GOW Saga :O

Ifrit

In for the Jak collection, those are good ports right?

Is the GT5 XL edition the best version of GT5? wasn't there a new better version coming up?

Cactus

Banned
The split-screen cooperative is definitely the highlight of the package, but I thought the single player campaign had some nice variety. Nostalgia definitely fuels the love you can have for the single player, though.

I've played every single console Twisted Metal game ever produced, and I was still extremely disappointed by the campaign. I mean, when I play Twisted Metal, all I really want is fast-paced vehicular combat. Racing other cars, playing pinball, and using a helicopter's magnet to dump scrap metal on the head of a boss isn't exactly what I was looking for.

The gameplay was still solid, though, which is why I still had a tonne of fun playing multiplayer.

KalBalboa

Banned
I've played every single console Twisted Metal game ever produced, and I was still extremely disappointed by the campaign. I mean, when I play Twisted Metal, all I really want is fast-paced vehicular combat. Racing other cars, playing pinball, and using a helicopter's magnet to dump scrap metal on the head of a boss isn't exactly what I was looking for.

The gameplay was still solid, though, which is why I still had a tonne of fun playing multiplayer.

Ah well, to each their own. Did you try split screen cooperative or stick to competitive for "couch multiplayer?"

And yeah, the gameplay was top-notch.

pantsmith

Thank glob for those Vita prices.

I've been dying to pick up Uncharted and Unit 13, but 50/40 dollars each was still a little iffy to me. 60 dollars for both is quite acceptable.

Top Bottom