• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that should get demade?

gafneo

Banned
Sonic Mania is around the corner & is going after that golden era look. Even though the graphics are downgraded, it restores the visual magic that was hard to recapture from imagination & newer engines. As the saying goes less is more. A demake could be any series regardless of reputation. Maybe even a game that wasn't around during the launch of consoles could use a proper demake. For instance, what would have Zelda been like if it launched on Atari 2600?

Something I would really like to see go old school again is Ninja Gaiden. 3D games are all good, but side scroller series should continue.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I always thought Resident Evil 5 would be really cool in classic RE style... has a really unique setting for it. A lot of the more action based parts would need to be reworked and it would basically be a total reimagining, but still

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Final Fantasy. Make it 16 bit
Metroid. Same thing, make it like Mega Man 9 but Metroid. Heck Fusion and Zero Mission, just keep making them like that

GLAMr

Final Fantasy...

Turn based, world map with town nodes, sick CGI scenes, moogles, chocobos, dragoons getting killed off, insane stories, cute characters with a MIXTURE OF RACES AND GENDERS.

MAKE FF GREAT AGAIN!!

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Something I would really like to see go old school again is Ninja Gaiden. 3D games are all good, but side scroller series should continue.

You are being too nice. Only the first 3D NInja Gaiden was good.

2 was entertaining.

Menitta

I'd love to see a legit demake of a Pokémon game. I wanna see XY in DPPt style. Or SM in BW style. I think it'd be really neat.

Andrefpvs

Yup, Final Fantasy.

A new 16-bit entry in the series would be very cool to see.

Also, I wish Pokémon was still sprite-based.

Fire Emblem, I miss the sprite animation for battles

86MNd.gif

Godcannon

Mario Party could use a Demake. The N64 style with newer hardware to make it look and play better would be amazing.

This could really be applied to a lot of IPs that changed more than evolved. I suppose sometimes it can be a good thing...

_Ryo_

God of War. Should have same aesthetic as the oldphone game.

Persona 5 with the sprite style of Cosmic Star Heroine.

Final Fantasy XV. SNES era sprites. MarioKart style driving system. Turn based.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
A Yakuza 2D beltscrolling beat-em-up would be pretty novel.

Fire Emblem, I miss the sprite animation for battles
Along the same lines, I feel like Advance Wars is on hiatus because they feel like they'd need to modernize the graphics, but... They don't really? Most fans would probably be overjoyed with a small-scale downloadable AW that simply looked like a higher resolution GBA game.

tanooki27

Final Fantasy...

Turn based, world map with town nodes, sick CGI scenes, moogles, chocobos, dragoons getting killed off, insane stories, cute characters with a MIXTURE OF RACES AND GENDERS.

MAKE FF GREAT AGAIN!!

it's probably the only way FF can truly return to greatness. sadly they'll never do it without botching it with mobile bullshit.

MoogleMan

None. I lived through that age and I'm very happy with the direction gaming has taken. I'm not trying to relive the past. I'm looking to the future.

AndrewPL

Wario ware
Star Fox
Metroid
Castlevania
2d Mario (single player mario world with mario maker 2 would be perfect)
2d Zelda
Final fantasy

I'd buy any of the above if made as 16bit or 32bit graphics

RedSwirl

Most of this discussion seems to be really centered around classic-style sequels like Sonic Mania and Mega Man 9, which is where the real potential lies.

That idea for Final Fantasy though has already been explored -- FF4: The After Years.

As for other franchises:

--A new Duke Nukem in the form of a pack of new DN3D maps would be dope. Not like the Anniversary game, but a whole new game worth of new maps.

--I'd say a new game full of classic style Mario maps but Mario Make pretty much already provides this.

--Maybe turning that 8-bit Breath of the Wild tech demo into a full game?

--If Konami still cared, a new top-down Metal Gear like Metal Gear 2 and Ghost Babel. That's probably what they should have done on the GBA.

--MachineGames putting together a new Wolfenstein 3D Megawad.

Laiza

Metroid. Same thing, make it like Mega Man 9 but Metroid. Heck Fusion and Zero Mission, just keep making them like that
More 2D metroids in the style of the last three 2D games is pretty much all I really want.

I'm annoyed by Samus Returns's use of 3D graphics, but I'll at least give it a good shot. Hopefully it lives up to the series pedigree...

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Duke Nukem.

The new episode in the 20th Anniversary World Tour version is kinda like that. Also there was a DN3D fan-made version of Duke Nukem Forever a couple years back that was inspired by the early trailers of the game. I'm certain it's better than the real Duke Nukem Forever.

-hadouken

Street Fighter. The 3D graphics in IV and V are horrid (channelling SF EX). Characters look ugly (and often constipated.) Return to 2D please Capcom.

WWE games need to get demade. As graphics and consoles get better the games get worse.

I thought these games already had a retro PS2 styled graphical presentation?

--A new Duke Nukem in the form of a pack of new DN3D maps would be dope. Not like the Anniversary game, but a whole new game worth of new maps.

The new 3DRealms is making a Bombshell prequel on a modified version of the original BUILD engine (They might be using EDuke32 or some other derivative). I haven't really heard much about it since November of 2016, but I believe it is still in development. Here is a screenshot:

I know it is not Duke, but it might be close enough.

Also, there is Duke Nukem Forever 2013, which is a fan made demake of DNF for EDuke32: http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever

It is worth a play through. It was actually pretty well made.

requiem02

Banned
Demaking can have amazing results. Nintendo made an 8-bit prototype of BOTW's Hyrule to get back in touch with the series' exploration-based gameplay, and look how that turned out.

Street Fighter is definitely my pick, purely from a visual standpoint. IV and V look hideous.

Astral Dog

More 2D metroids in the style of the last three 2D games is pretty much all I really want.

I'm annoyed by Samus Returns's use of 3D graphics, but I'll at least give it a good shot. Hopefully it lives up to the series pedigree...
i trust Sakamoto will live up to the series reputation

Top Bottom