• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears Of War: Judgment (People Can Fly + Epic) Revealed

You heard me right, he's just a douchenozzle in every single game. Now he's got his own?...

gqUxD.png

#teamfuckbaird

LOL

-PXG-

Could be good, and as long as the "classic" gametypes are around to fall back on, don't have much of a problem with it. They've already given us some simple choices with the Hammerburst/Lancer/Retro having different strengths/weaknesses but are pretty balanced in the overall metagame, could be a fun evolution.

This man gets it.

Imagine Therons having a footsteps that were harder to hear. Grenadiers had extra shotgun rounds and spawned with two frags. A. Carmine would have better actives, but more susceptible to jamming his gun. I could on and on with this....

Class/ character specific stats/ buffs/ nerfs and perks would be cool. I've toyed around with that notion in my head ever since I started playing Gears. It could be fun, or a chaotic, horribly balanced mess. It's worth a shot.

You would still have your close quarters, tried and true, arcadey Gears mechanics, just with a bit more depth and greater sense of risk and reward.

derFeef

Call me crazy but Gears MP was always more intimitating than Halo MP to me (I suck at console MP). Classes sounds a neat idea to me.

As long as this game feels different than the gears trilogy then I am in.. if it is your standard tps Gears game I have to question why its being made so soon, by a different dev.

Kusagari

After how bad they fucked up Gears 3 MP with the sawed off, I'll take class based gameplay if it stops everyone from using the same fucking weapon.

-PXG-

As long as this game feels different than the gears trilogy then I am in.. if it is your standard tps Gears game I have to question why its being made so soon, by a different dev.

If it's a FPS, ya'll will have to put me on suicide watch.

Changing things up and adding things are fine, but making it into a TPS is turning it on it's goddamn head. NO!

After how bad they fucked up Gears 3 MP with the sawed off, I'll take class based gameplay if it stops everyone from using the same fucking weapon.

I would hate to see people spawn with Torques and Booms. That shit would be so damn stupid. Unless you only spawn with say, two arrows and one Boom rocket. I guess that's okay....but I still don't like it.

EDIT

Also, Gnasher haters and kindly shut the fuck up. The Gnasher is to Gears as the BR is to Halo. It's the bread and butter of Gears. Getting rid of it or making it irrelevant would shake things up too much. Epic did that with Gears 2. The backlash was enormous. The Gnasher is here to stay. Imagine telling Halo fans that they couldn't use their BR or DMR...How well do you think that would go?

REV 09

Some more info:
  • Prequel focuses on Baird in his earlier years, who apparently has been accused of military crimes.
  • New to the franchise is class-based gameplay in multiplayer (new gametype).
sigh. with Halo and now Gears going somewhat class based, that almost ends an era of mp shooters.

Caboose

Baird and Cole are hilarious together, but a full game about them? I don't know, man. They better not be split up half the time.

TheOddOne

Also, Gnasher haters and kindly shut the fuck up. The Gnasher is to Gears as the BR is to Halo. It's the bread and butter of Gears. Getting rid of it or making it irrelevant would shake things up too much. Epic did that with Gears 2. The backlash was enormous. The Gnasher is here to stay. Imagine telling Halo fans that they couldn't use their BR or DMR...How well do you think that would go?
Bridges will be burned.

Vire

Changing things up and adding things are fine, but making it into a TPS is turning it on it's goddamn head. NO!

I would hate to see people spawn with Torques and Booms. That shit would be so damn stupid. Unless you only spawn with say, two arrows and one Boom rocket. I guess that's okay....but I still don't like it.

EDIT

The AR hatred is strong in this one.

Who.. who gives a shit about Baird?

Most annoying Gears character

I see we have a new member on my team!

-PXG-

Do we get to shoot Baird and Rico? If so, pre-ordere'd.

I don't get GAF's seething hatred for Rico. He funny as hell. People take their vidya too seriously.

Baird, Cole, Rico and Garza on in one game. Oh God.

Baird - *insert snarky/ smart ass remark/ some sort of bitching here*
Cole - WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAYBEEEE!!!!!
Rico - Fuck. Shit. Shit. Fuck. Fucking Shit. Shitting fuck. FUCK!
Garza - Come on man, get into cover. GET IN COVER!

JimiNutz

Banned
Wow I gotta hold my hands up and say I was completely wrong...
I thought it was def Marcus. "The Slab" came out recently and I was sure that this was gonna be a game that let you play the events of that novel.

Baird is interesting....
Unless I'm mistaken they have never referenced Baird being arrested or tried in court in any of the previous games?

Anyway, its Gears so I'll likely be there day one but I gotta admit I'm much more hyped for the new Halo (which is ironic since Halo has always been secondary to me compared to Gears).

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So down for this. Despite it being a full fledged Gears game, it looks like it's not meant to have you replace Gears 3 with it which is good.

Baird and Cole have amazing chemistry in the original trilogy and I can't fucking wait to explore an entire campaign centered around those two.

I guess Im looking at this as a complete spinoff than can co-exist side by side to the mainline GoW games, but I do get your sentiment. Still, say 'Gears 4' isn't that far off.. would you still feel that negative towards the idea of a FPS Gears game?

TheOddOne

Epic forum user says it takes place 15 years before Gears 1.

The missions are set a short time after E day, when the Locust first emerged from underground.

Smart Spawn system sounds like the AI Director from L4D. To make the games more replayable, the SS system will adjust the game to your position, your movement, difficulty settings, if you played the section before, etc, varying the kind of enemies that attack, the wave sequences, etc.

I'm glad that they've got Unreal Engine 3 streamlined and performing well enough to do a true Emergence Day Gears of War. I really want to feel like the ground is collapsing in around me.

Apdiddy

A game with Baird and Cole Train as the main characters? Sounds intrguing -- to me, their relationships is very much sorta like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, they don't like each other but can't imagine not having the other guy around.

-PXG-

Hmmmm.

Apparently there is a new mode called "Overrun" which is Horde and Beast combined.

Lemme guess. One team are COG with fortifications and other team are Locust beasts? If so, holy shit!!!

I don't think having a new class based MP is a problem since Gears 3 just came out and has loads of MP content. You still have an awesome traditional Gears game to play even if you don't like Judgment's MP.

Hmmmm.

Apparently there is a new mode called "Overrun" which is Horde and Beast combined.

Lemme guess. One team are COG with fortifications and other team are Locust beasts? If so, holy shit!!!

Essentially, sounds like L4D's Vs MP but on a map with fortifications.

Perhaps "Overrun" is the class-based gametype TheOddOne mentioned earlier?

GI guys clearly played quite a bit of the game, so maybe we'll actually see something besides the standard CG announcement trailer.

Gnashes

Neo Member
Hmmmm.

Holy shit. That is going to be a FUN thing to play if they implement it into private matches. Even if they don't, it'll still be fun as hell.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hmmmm.

This is what I've wanted since they announced Beast.

dank0723

Banned
Hmmmm.

Wait for E3 dude, I think youll be happy :)

-PXG-

Overrun is basically a deal maker right there. Also, Gears 3 looked amazing. I could imagine that this will look even better.

God damn Epic, I want to know more. My Gears boner knows no limits.

Cliff, hook us up with something. Give GAF some exclusive love. You owe me from PAX ;)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I will keep an eye on this but I can't say it's something that I'm pumped for at the moment.

Top Bottom