• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT5| Is HaloGAF irrelevant now?

Nowise10

Those games do run at sub 30 FPS.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Nowise10/video/36832527

0GtZ2uO.png

*edit* before Kotaku runs and makes an article the video is a joke and just a bug when you drive the Elephant onto the destroyed Phantom

BizzyBum

Went 14-11-12 in my first H3 TS game in about 8 years and had someone on my team call me the worst player he's ever seen and to go hang myself with my Xbox cord even though we won 50-45.

Took me right back to the good ol days.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Went 14-11-12 in my first H3 TS game in about 8 years and had someone on my team call me the worst player he's ever seen and to go hang myself with my Xbox cord even though we won 50-45.

Took me right back to the good ol days.

Lol, I had a good match on Pit as well, thankfully I was spared a message like that.

BizzyBum

Pro league going again this week? This season has really sucked from a viewer perspective. No hype, frequent break. And I'm usually Mr positive

Pro league has been trash because the top 4 teams are just leagues better than the bottom 4 teams which leads to boring, lop-sided victories.

Tonight has been no different with Naventic and Ronin getting steamrolled by Splyce and Optic.

FlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdroppedFlagtakenflagdropped

I don't miss this

Played some Halo 3 BC earlier and immediately uninstalled after a few matches. I'm so glad 343 made the leap to 60fps, I just can't go back at this point. Easily one of the biggest improvements Halo has ever received and something that cannot be understated imo.

EDIT:
Anyone got their Halo 3 digital to work via BC yet? Just says unavailable for me.

Yeah, this is how I was playing it.

FyreWulff

Anyone got their Halo 3 digital to work via BC yet? Just says unavailable for me.

edit: and of course, as soon as I post that it finally pops for me. lol.

Played some Halo 3 BC earlier and immediately uninstalled after a few matches. I'm so glad 343 made the leap to 60fps, I just can't go back at this point. Easily one of the biggest improvements Halo has ever received and something that cannot be understated imo.

EDIT:

Yeah, this is how I was playing it.

Will be nice for LANs if I've got both versions.

Also now our two posts are a causal time loop

Trup1aya

My wife just got me an elite controller for our Anniversary (after I told her repeatedly not to get me anything).

I haven't played my Xbox for months because of stick drift on both of my standard controllers. Now, I'm back in action!

My wife just got me an elite controller for our Anniversary (after I told her repeatedly not to get me anything).

I haven't played my Xbox for months because of stick drift on both of my standard controllers. Now, I'm back in action!

Takes a bit to get used to, but definitely worth it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

paddles for life

Trup1aya

Takes a bit to get used to, but definitely worth it.

Yeah, I'm just running around empty maps getting used to it, and I'm already loving it. I've flipped all of the paddles upside down, so that they aren't accidental pressed. I used the bottom two to swap grenades and the top two for thrust and sprint...

Edit: playing some tuning playlist. BR feels absolutely horrible.

It seems like a waste of time to test people's reactions to shooting blanks.

your wife sounds awesome... [mine is too ;p]

i should probably grab an elite after all this time, i feel like it might provide me at least 1-5% more effectiveness, which would help keep me diamond/onyx more often.

Mau5

MCC H3 is definitely superior with the 60fps ahhh it feels so damn good compared to this. I am getting used to the 30 though. How in the hell do pros aim so well I don't get it.

Can't seem to get the map packs to work, anyone else have the same issue? Known fix?

Did you install it through the store and not the H3 marketplace? That's what did it for me. I installed it through the H3 marketplace at first and it didn't work. Go into the xbox store and type in Halo 3. Then 'show all' and you should see the map packs. Apparently people are still having problems so idk if it'll fix it for you.

BizzyBum

Can't seem to get the map packs to work, anyone else have the same issue? Known fix?

I think the easiest way is to press start on the Halo 3 icon on the Xbone dash and hit manage game. All the map packs will be there to download. How I did it and seems to work perfectly.

Scooby

Tried all of that plus uninstall/reinstall and it's still not working. If I get AR starts on Snowbound one more time I'm done 😭

So outside of Halo, where's everyone getting their FPS fix as of late? Overwatch I've kinda exhausted, and I can't really play PUBG for hours on end. Thinking I may jump on Destiny 2 on PC, or Battlefront 2, but am naturally a bit skeptical.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Played ODST Firefight with brother for a couple hours this evening. Had a blast and got some achievements that I never got.

Trup1aya

Bolt shot is so good against this tweaked BR. Even if you get 4-shotted, you'll still likely end up with a kill (from the grave).

If the BR user missed a shot or gets fucked by RNG, he's screwed.

Bolt shot is so good against this tweaked BR. Even if you get 4-shotted, you'll still likely end up with a kill (from the grave).

If the BR user missed a shot or gets fucked by RNG, he's screwed.

Honestly, if you're in Boltshot lockon range, you should really be using the pistol.

TCKaos

So outside of Halo, where's everyone getting their FPS fix as of late? Overwatch I've kinda exhausted, and I can't really play PUBG for hours on end. Thinking I may jump on Destiny 2 on PC, or Battlefront 2, but am naturally a bit skeptical.

I'm not, really. I used to play Overwatch but Mercy's buff killed the entire meta. It renders Pharmercy literally indestructible. The change to her res is absolutely terrible and ruins the entire game, and I say that as a Mercy main.

So now I'm just kind of waiting for Gundam Versus, which destiny has seemingly validated since I got the 29th off without asking for it. Sometimes, I wonder if Halo is the thing that drives my interest in video games, because generally when I'm not playing Halo I'm not really playing anything else, either.

wwm0nkey

Rainbow Six and PUBG. Rainbow 6 it's really really good imo

Probably getting D2

Trup1aya

Honestly, if you're in Boltshot lockon range, you should really be using the pistol.

I really don't see a reason to ever use the gunfighter magnum unless you find yourself needing to reload the BR. The crazy recoil and crappy range isn't worth the benefits. If you are in GF range, you're probably better off going for the BR+melee.

I'm more likely to 4 shot someone with the boltshot than someone is to get a perfect on me with the GF. And even if they do, ill get a trade.

Top Bottom