• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

jl4855

Edit: Cripplegate, the Founders was decent. It's probably the only beer I've had that states it uses coffee and chocolate and I can actually taste it there. It's not knock my socks off good like Bulmer's (I don't care what they say, Magner's is NOT THE SAME) or a good sour.

i thought it was quite good as well. expectations were already quite high and tbh it didn't disappoint. very tasty stout.

thabiz

If you want a good coffee stout then grab 416 Loko by Burdock in collab with Cut Coffee. Made with Sulawesi beans. Super good.

zroid

Banned
I'm at Yorkdale to kill time while I wait for my dad and I was looking at Google maps of all places where I was reminded there's a Uniqlo here now

finally going to check this out lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Honestly don't know why police are wasting resources shutting down the pot shops now anyways. Ehhh, they gotta do what they gotta do, I guess.
Because the Province is probably going to not allow them at all once it's passed. Get ready for an LCBO situation. The Ontario Liberals will probably take some "donations" to allow Shoppers to sell it also. I'm not holding my breath for all these independent shops to be allowed to sell it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Because the Province is probably going to not allow them at all once it's passed. Get ready for an LCBO situation. The Ontario Liberals will probably take some "donations" to allow Shoppers to sell it also. I'm not holding my breath for all these independent shops to be allowed to sell it.
Oh right. Forgot about the LCBO supposedly being the ones to sell it. Not sure if good or bad idea.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm...well, krae, EM ragecancelled his bomberman so it's all you. I still have 1-2 Switch and if you or someone else brings theirs and bomberman, we can recreate that cheesy as fuck and unrealistic Switch party they had for that commercial.

Edit: oh man...never edibles again...I got sick as fuck cause I had too much.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Coun. Shelley Carroll says that councillors who have suggested that LRT will not encourage development are "downright Trumpy." Carroll says that it is "alternative facts." She says she will support Matlow's motion to request study comparing LRT and subway.

And

"there are many ways to skin this cat"

And

"if we don't do this project, the costs will rise geometrically!"

This meeting brought the lulz

edit: GET EM

Coun. Gord Perks says the subway extension is "a bad plan." He says "it is not a one stop subway; it is a negative four stop subway. We are actually losing four rapid transit stations in Scarborough."

Edit 2: im dead

"The Scarborough subway debate is Toronto’s Groundhog Day but in Groundhog Day every day is the same whereas here every day is worse," Coun. Joe Cressy says. "Every day the subway is more expensive and serves less people."

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Coun. Shelley Carroll says that councillors who have suggested that LRT will not encourage development are "downright Trumpy." Carroll says that it is "alternative facts." She says she will support Matlow's motion to request study comparing LRT and subway.

And

"there are many ways to skin this cat"

And

"if we don't do this project, the costs will rise geometrically!"

This meeting brought the lulz

edit: GET EM

Coun. Gord Perks says the subway extension is "a bad plan." He says "it is not a one stop subway; it is a negative four stop subway. We are actually losing four rapid transit stations in Scarborough."

Edit 2: im dead

"The Scarborough subway debate is Toronto’s Groundhog Day but in Groundhog Day every day is the same whereas here every day is worse," Coun. Joe Cressy says. "Every day the subway is more expensive and serves less people."
I...voted for Chow....? 0_o

DopeyFish

I...voted for Chow....? 0_o

Chow would have done wonders

This politicizing of our transit needs to end.

Scarborough councillors were basically suggesting they'd fuck with the DRL if they cancel this one stop debacle

Ugh these people don't represent anyone in the city.

edit: they're on their A games today

Tory "For those people it is a fact" Matlow: "It's not a fact just because you say it's a fact"

DopeyFish

So subway going forward, but now crosstown east is attached to it

This way it ensure both get funded

Also an option to be worked on for a 2nd stop

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The reason I voted for Chow, even as she ran such a shit campaign, was her transit plan was the only feasible one. Go back and look at their platforms. Tory and Ford were touting all sorts of impossible shit. SmartTrack will be a shell of whatever was promised, cost an insane amount and you can bet it won't be cheap to ride. People are so fucking gullible.
And racist and misogynistic

krae_man

Hmmm...well, krae, EM ragecancelled his bomberman so it's all you. I still have 1-2 Switch and if you or someone else brings theirs and bomberman, we can recreate that cheesy as fuck and unrealistic Switch party they had for that commercial.

Edit: oh man...never edibles again...I got sick as fuck cause I had too much.

I still have Bomberman yes.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The reason I voted for Chow, even as she ran such a shit campaign, was her transit plan was the only feasible one. Go back and look at their platforms. Tory and Ford were touting all sorts of impossible shit. SmartTrack will be a shell of whatever was promised, cost an insane amount and you can bet it won't be cheap to ride. People are so fucking gullible.
And racist and misogynistic
But people wouldn't be able to understand her English...! It's not as if she's lived in this country for decades or any- wait...she did....

The stupid thing is there was a news article that consulted with transit "experts" and 2 out of the 3 said Tory's was better than Chow's because it was more ambitious. The third person took Chow's cause it was realistic. WELL NOW WE HAVE A FUCKING 5 BILLION DOLLAR ONE STOP FUCKING SUBWAY!

But people wouldn't be able to understand her English...! It's not as if she's lived in this country for decades or any- wait...she did....

The stupid thing is there was a news article that consulted with transit "experts" and 2 out of the 3 said Tory's was better than Chow's because it was more ambitious. The third person took Chow's cause it was realistic. WELL NOW WE HAVE A FUCKING 5 BILLION DOLLAR ONE STOP FUCKING SUBWAY!

A Chinese, AND a woman?! NO WAY!

Haha, wrong thread.

Actual post, though: this late March snow is terrible, y'all. I lived in upstate New York for six years, and it was just gray around this time, not snowing. I already put away my boots and thick coat and all the gear. :/

Quadratic

Apparently Uncle Tetsu and Love Me Sweet are both opening at Yonge and Sheppard.

Has the access from Emerald Park to the Sheppard Subway been opened yet?

In the Emerald Park food court there's a Jamaican restaurant called Allwyns. I highly recommend trying their stuffed sandwich (contains a beef patty, jerk pork or chicken and coleslaw on a coco bun).

There's also a Poke restaurant off of the Poyntz Av. exit. Haven't tried it yet but it finally seems like the retail is rounding into shape after many delays.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

In the Emerald Park food court there's a Jamaican restaurant called Allwyns. I highly recommend trying their stuffed sandwich (contains a beef patty, jerk pork or chicken and coleslaw on a coco bun).

There's also a Poke restaurant off of the Poyntz Av. exit. Haven't tried it yet but it finally seems like the retail is rounding into shape after many delays.

Oh snap there's actually a food court round there now?

I'm up at Mel Lastman Square so once the construction came in I just stopped even trying to go down there for a waste of a lunch time trip and having to settle for like McDonald's or something.

Quadratic

I'm up at Mel Lastman Square so once the construction came in I just stopped even trying to go down there for a waste of a lunch time trip and having to settle for like McDonald's or something.

It's kind of incomplete but it seems pretty busy during lunch hour. There's a variety of cuisines inside. Persian, Chinese, I think there's even a latin style takeout spot. Worth checking out.

The exterior will have a competing Caribbean joint (Jerk King) opening soon.

Yeah the TTC access opened.

The mall is still quite sad right now but it's starting to fill up. I'm pretty sure LCBO is not opening anymore because they were attached with Metro. From what I have heard, Metro doesn't want to open at Emerald Park anymore because Whole Foods isn't doing extraordinarily well across the street AND Longos is opening in a year at Sheppard Centre... no sense in having three major grocery chains at the same intersection. Not sure what Metro plans to do with that giant space.

yyzjohn

Banned

We should meet up for lunch one day, I'm at Yonge & Finch

ahdurian

so how many of you took Kuro's advice and went to Solo Sushi Bekkan this past week?
i hope some of you did otherwise you've missed out on some great sushi

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
so how many of you took Kuro's advice and went to Solo Sushi Bekkan this past week?
i hope some of you did otherwise you've missed out on some great sushi
I just literally stepped out of there for an omakase. The kitchen was too busy so he decided to give me only sushi and sashimi.

I got sushi, sashimi, monkfish liver (it's like pate but more subtle), sea urchin (knock your socks off flavour), tuna handroll (crispy tuna skin in the middle and excellent seaweed), dessert, beer was included, and I also had a cup of this sake he kept only for New Years.

Y'all dun goofed unless you can get there tonight. Otherwise, it's his Newmarket location that's far as fuck.

I gave him a 50% tip and a bottle of Crown Royale Northern Rye Whiskey.

Top Bottom