• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sale 2017 |OT| The Weather's Hot and the Deals are Not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battlechili

Banned
That game that must not be named already 80% off? Jesus Christ IFI. Not a bad thing, just a little freaked out how fast they are to put their games on almost free price.
I alwo wanted the Zero Escape games but I'm going to wait until 50% off or better.
IFI for some reason puts everything on sale really quickly

Apparently Hyperdevotion Noire is $3 of all things. I'd grab that too but I heard it was terrible even by Neptunia standards.

KLonso

Wait so how does the sale work now then? All the prices we see now are the only discounts that are going to happen during the entire sale?

AcAnchoa

I bought Doom and it crashed during the Bethesda logo video. I'll take it as the revenge of the servers for managing to buy something with very little effort.

Eila

IFI for some reason puts everything on sale really quickly

Apparently Hyperdevotion Noire is $3 of all things. I'd grab that too but I heard it was terrible even by Neptunia standards.

Maybe but you can probably make close to a buck back in trading cards. That's why I said almost free. And of course in other regions of the world it's even cheaper to buy.

Highlighting my edit for maximum crow eat:

Alright if you guys say CDKeys is legit, I'll concede. May apologies to Nogati. Next time, gadget, next time!

Wait so how does the sale work now then? All the prices we see now are the only discounts that are going to happen during the entire sale?

Yep, no changes in price, on Steam at least.

The OP should probably mention that, some people might not be aware the flash sales have gone for a few years now.

Nah, the combat is pretty mediocre and repetitive, and the story has some interesting themes and ideas but ultimately doesn't do that much with them.

Still worth playing for the visuals and world-building, at least. It's adequate enough to enjoy on that level.
Agreed.

Remember Me had a lot of potential, but it didn't manage to bring everything together. I would still recommend buying though. Especially for $6.

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding CDKeys: they are okay most of the time, but you should still be somewhat wary. There have been cases of games bought there getting revoked (Elder Scrolls Online), and they randomly request people to provide a scan of their ID/passport/driver license to complete a purchase

McLovin

Abzu
South Park Stick of truth and dlc
Black Mesa
FTL
Dishonored
Total:$27.30

If I'm being honest I'm pretty underwhelmed. All the games I really wanted are still expensive :/

gdt

I keep waiting for you guys to mention games lol. I never use the wishlist so I always forget about stuff I want to buy....

mKcVsI0.png

So this time the harvest wasn't as bountiful, but since the discounts were nothing special, that's to be expected.

Wag

Grim Dawn looks like fun. So many games on sale.

I have like an 800 game backlog. lol.

I don't want to spend that much on a new game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Any good RPGs from recent years going cheap? Looking for something with great voice work, story etc, nothing with performance issues as I'm not in the mood to deal with that. An FPS would be good, something like Metro?

Keep posting your hauls, people. I want to see if I missed anything.

Also, anyone who likes futuristic racers needs to buy GRIP. It's fucking awesome.

kionedrik

Any good RPGs from recent years going cheap? Looking for something with great voice work, story etc, nothing with performance issues as I'm not in the mood to deal with that. An FPS would be good, something like Metro?

Divinity: Original Sin is the cheapest it has ever been.

Mechazawa

I don't see it mentioned in the OP, so a helpful tip is that if you're buying a ton of games, it's good practice to buy them individually in case you need to refund one. Steam bizarrely doesn't have a function that let's you refund a game individually if it was part of an order that has multiple games. It'll just refund the entire order.

Vuze

Is Dead Rising 3 worth buying? I read the PC version is shit. I like the DR games tho.
I played through it on a 7870 and an i5 back when it released and it was mostly okay. Definitely not shit tier. Current hardware should plow through it.

ExoSoul

Banned
WTF got a malware-warning for Paper Sorcerer steamintegration.dll ?!

First time that ever happened to me while downloading a Steam game.

Seems like a problem since 2014:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/263560/discussions/0/45350245615192011/?l=german

Strange

That game is very very solid!
My SO and I enjoyed it a lot when we played it together.

That being said support seems to have been dropped shortly after release since somesteam achievement bugs are still present

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So far I bought Total War: Warhammer (60% off, damn!!) Wonder if the DLC is worth it too.

Eyeing Torment and Dishonored 2.

kaskade

I think I wanna try out an arc fighter. What's a better starting point? They have that blazblu bundle for 25 bucks.

I guess accessibility is my main concern really.

Wag

I played through it on a 7870 and an i5 back when it released and it was mostly okay. Definitely not shit tier. Current hardware should plow through it.

Thanks. I'll probably buy Grim Dawn instead. Be happier. The time limit in the DR games always piss me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom