• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

I'm replaying through FC because why not and there's a bit of dialogue that struck me (FC and SC spoilers)
Joshua thinks he's met Kloe before when you first see her. Is it ever expanded upon? I assume it would be related to his past as an Enforcer, but I can't remember either game ever spelling anything out about a mission related to Kloe or the royal family?

I'm not far into 3rd, so it might be explained there, I guess.

Wasn't it Kloe reminding him of Josette when she was posing as a Jenis student, due to the uniforms?

sbs2601

Neo Member
I'm replaying through FC because why not and there's a bit of dialogue that struck me (FC and SC spoilers)
Joshua thinks he's met Kloe before when you first see her. Is it ever expanded upon? I assume it would be related to his past as an Enforcer, but I can't remember either game ever spelling anything out about a mission related to Kloe or the royal family?

I'm not far into 3rd, so it might be explained there, I guess.

I recall a line in SC where
Joshua tells Estelle that Kloe and her sister had a very similar temperament

Thud

The game does a good job at forcing you to use pretty much everybody.

Yep, its sequel as well. Although there is more choice of course with all the guest characters.

Near the end of the games I always use my favorites in combat:
Rean, Alisa, Laura, Emma plus Gaius and Sara/Fie as support

Jiraiza

I got no words for Star Door 8. All those nods to the CS (and Crossbell?) games. The scene between
Oliviert and Osborne on the airships
and The Final Choice playing was just... damn. Falcom really does have something good with the way they're constructing the Trails world.

Phew, I got pretty hot and bothered while watching this entire door unfold and CS3 is just right around the corner! What a time to be alive.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
New leaks add another round of things that will be resolved/touched upon character wise from the prior games. We'll get more on
Sara and Sharon's respective past. And Laura it seems through Victor.

Loz246789

Angelica
getting a proper, on screen girlfriend as the plot progresses
is also more than ok with me. I liked her off screen harem shenanigans in the previous games (and there's that one promo art of her with some of the main female cast which is a lot of fun), but at this point I want her to be happy. I like her character a lot.

...If we're going down this rabbit hole though of things that would be ideal but may not happen, I also want her to interact with
Olivert
in some extended capacity. I feel like they'd be besties, and I need this headcanon validated.

Jiraiza

New leaks add another round of things that will be resolved/touched upon character wise from the prior games. We'll get more on
Sara and Sharon's respective past. And Laura it seems through Victor.

So...
Cassius
cameo? Will he be the first
Bright
to get a debut 3D appearance!?

Gu4n

whats the source of these leaks anyway. Surprisingly light compared to the last few info dumps.
The blog http://ryokutya2089.com/ is dedicated to leaks, which is a thing on its own in Japan. It's called フラゲ, or furage, which is short for 'flying (a false start) get', so 'getting things early'. Apart from that blog, I also follow the general on 2ch and keep an eye on Chinese fan communities. The information is considered unverified until a trusted source like Hokanko posts.

The blog http://ryokutya2089.com/ is dedicated to leaks, which is a thing on its own in Japan. It's called フラゲ, or furage, which is short for 'flying (a false start) get', so 'getting things early'. Apart from that blog, I also follow the general on 2ch and keep an eye on Chinese fan communities. The information is considered unverified until a trusted source like Hokanko posts.
that was far more than I was asking for. thanks!

Taruranto

No no no, Angelica is like a wild stallion one could never tame.

I WOULD like to see an exchange with a girl character that actually returns her advances to see Angelica's reaction.

Yeah, that would be interesting. I warmed up to Angelica, I was kinda meh about her in CS1 but she's actually OK in 2 when she was given something to do.

Ascheroth

It is now one week until Cold Steel PC. *rubs hands in anticipation*
Should get a new Durante port blog post today as well, I think.

Sara looks fucking amazing in CS3. Ph my god.

Damn it, I don't want to watch the trailer because I'm only halfway through CS2, can anyone please post a screengrab from the trailer with Sara? I don't think they have released any pics of her yet. Navigating CS3 media feels like a minefield.

Psxphile

Damn it, I don't want to watch the trailer because I'm only halfway through CS2, can anyone please post a screengrab from the trailer with Sara? I don't think they have released any pics of her yet. Navigating CS3 media feels like a minefield.

There's no trailer yet. But a magazine scan is making the rounds.
Not sure if it's okay to even post a cropped pic from a scan.

Squire

Banned

There's no trailer yet. But a magazine scan is making the rounds.
Not sure if it's okay to even post a cropped pic from a scan.

Here's a tweet from Degeki themselves:

https://twitter.com/dengekionline/status/890135145965113344

Squire

Banned
With as much as the game seems to want to cover, I'm actually curious what being a "permanent" member would even mean in this context. The structure of the story is a bit of a question mark, I think.

With as much as the game seems to want to cover, I'm actually curious what being a "permanent" member would even mean in this context. The structure of the story is a bit of a question mark, I think.

Yeah, I've seen people mention that the game might jump from character to character.
Even if we only play as Rean, a lot of his companions will probably be coming and going.
The new girl will probably be with him the whole time though.

Thud

I think Rean is permanent unless we switch protagonists.

Given previous games it's probably that characters join for X amount of time in a chapter.

Would have thought that the new class 7 will be around semi permanently. Then everyone else is chapter dependent, with everyone available for the final dungeon.

Gu4n

DFp4kFUXgAAtDHK.jpg

Victor's art is recycled (thread).

Hey it's Angie!

Man, it's so good to finally have better quality character models. In CS1&2 everytime I enter the menu and see that beautiful character art it's downright depressing, those blocky character models really don't do them justice.
The Atelier games have been doing such a great job with that for a while.

But man, Sara rules.

Loz246789

Man, Angelica's new design is pretty stylish. Do approve. Sara looks pretty good too, and surprisingly so does George - although I'd need a full body shot to be sure. Dat coat, good stuff.
Sharon looks like Sharon. It makes sense, but I need all of the redesigns. All of them.

Man, Angelica's new design is pretty stylish. Do approve. Sara looks pretty good too, and surprisingly so does George - although I'd need a full body shot to be sure. Dat coat, good stuff.
Sharon looks like Sharon. It makes sense, but I need all of the redesigns. All of them.

Angelica new design is like the same person but with more power hidden within

Top Bottom