• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Vanpastel

That of course is the easy, simple, obvious answer, but nitpickers have been around for ages, so there's a long history of people pointing out "A parsec is a measurement of distance, not speed, look at me, I'm smarter than Star Wars!" so there's a sort of natural contrarian response to ask "Are you? Are you really?" and try to think if there's any way to make that mistake work.

Rich's solution is very sciencey, with one big dangerous turn/shortcut, where I think my solution was a bit simpler, with lots of smaller dangerous turns/shortcuts. Rich's solution includes an element of speed, where I don't think that speed was explicitly required for Han's example of the Kessel Run (with the Kessel Run being the Falcon's claim to fame, not it's feat of speed. The Falcon's speed could be expected to be already known, due to it's fame).

I think you're not wrong but I also think there doesn't need to be a solution, the same way there is no need to know the use of each of Darth Vader's chest buttons.

I have zero expectations for the Han Solo movie nor am I looking forward to it. But it would really surprise me if it sucked as much as Rogue One in the "REMEMBER THIS?" department. But perhaps I'm being too naive in giving Disney the benefit of the doubt.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have zero expectations for the Han Solo movie nor am I looking forward to it. But it would really surprise me if it sucked as much as Rogue One in the "REMEMBER THIS?" department. But perhaps I'm being too naive in giving Disney the benefit of the doubt.
When everything is a prequel, what else can you do? It's sad, but the Lucas PT will actually end up being more original than all these side movies.

Anth0ny

Anyone want to bet there is a throwaway line like:

HAN: "I bet I can do it in fewer parsecs than you."

LANDO: "Don't you mean lightsecs?"

HAN: "Oh right, I'm always getting those two confused."

yeah this is exactly what I'm expecting honestly.

and a ton of the stuff mike and rich went over.

movie ends with han and chewie landing on tatooine.

"come on chewie, lets go to the cantina, maybe we can make coin off some poor shmucks that need a ride in the falcon. 17,000 credits could really save my neck right about now..."

*han enters with chewie, camera hangs on exterior of cantina*

*old man in robe, young man with blonde hair and two droids enter the frame, heading towards cantina*

ROLL CREDITS

DrSlek

They gave TFA the benefit of the doubt. And the Plinkett review is far from loving it.
Half of the plinket review was talking aout a stupid fan theory because there was so little to actually complain about. Plinket explicitly says any complaints he has are just nitpicking and that the movie was good.

Besides the above, I know I've loved movies before when I left the theater only to get past the "honeymoon stage" and realize that while I still enjoyed it I am not as happy with it as I originally thought.

It probably doesn't help that we have rogue one, a film many considered unnecessary that ended up being bad, and now we also have a bunch of prequel and backstory side films being made. Their jaded vision of Hollywood kicks in and now that's all they can think about.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Disney Cast members signed a steel frame to be installed in the Star Wars area.

DFbMpgKXUAECsRH.jpg:large

Read on the diagonal crossbar.

Haven't they been just generally luke warm with the recent ape movies? Like they liked been but don't really have much to say about them?

And have they really done Nolan films? I can't recall much on dark knight, and definitely don't recall an interstellar half in the bag. Did they do one?

Edit: Google answered my question I guess they did. Their opinion must've not really differed from others since I don't recall much of what they said.

Haven't they been just generally luke warm with the recent ape movies? Like they liked been but don't really have much to say about them?

And have they really done Nolan films? I can't recall much on dark knight, and definitely don't recall an interstellar half in the bag. Did they do one?

Edit: Google answered my question I guess they did. Their opinion must've not really differed from others since I don't recall much of what they said.
Yeah, they definitely did a Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar HitB. They really liked TDKR and liked Interstellar too.

If they haven't done a HitB about Apes or Dunkirk in the next week, I'm betting they just include it in a "Summer/Year End Catch Up" episode.

Yeah, they definitely did a Dark Knight Rises and Interstellar HitB. They really liked TDKR and liked Interstellar too.

If they haven't done a HitB about Apes or Dunkirk in the next week, I'm betting they just include it in a "Summer/Year End Catch Up" episode.

Catch up hitb is likely where it'll be

Rockk

Dunkirk isn't going to happen. Doing Half in the Bags on historical dramas not really what it or they are suited towards.

Missing Apes was a little bit weird but they'll talk about it at end of the year catch up or something.

Dark Tower on August 4th seems like the next likely movie they watch.

Finally got around to seeing the Han Solo terrible movie predictions video.

I had no intention of seeing that movie, but now I want to just to see how close it is to their predictions, haha.

rekameohs

Banned

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m7iK0WAe9ds

Jay thought that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was one of the best summer blockbusters he seen in several years.

Top Bottom