• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

pickle-juice-soda-today-170501-tease_d8d4460151a574abb3e05abdc8eed893.today-inline-large.jpg

You ain't fooling me.

Though now that I think about it's probably somewhat similar to a kombucha?

BTA

It's supposedly some kind of action-adventure but it starts slow

It sounds like an action/stealth/horror thing?

It seems really cool and I'm sure if I was playing it myself I'd be into what they're setting up during the opening; it is a very slow start though, especially for a stream (which is probably why Vinny wanted to start with his save).

swimbuff

Dude thanks for clarifying all that. For some reason I thought the anime was a continuation of the series or something. I started Steins;Gate and it seems a slow burn but I'm still super early and I don't mind it so much anyway.

Just finished watching Coherence and damn if that isn't a fantastic sci-fi movie. Highly recommended if you like mind-bending movies and don't mind low budgets or talkers. Think Primer. The less you know about the movie before going in the better.

oti

Banned
Although Mario and Rabbid's final battle is pretty disappointing and really easy for some reason. My Mario/Rabbid Luigi/Rabbid Mario team had no problem getting the job done.

Has Dan actually eaten a pickle yet? I know that came up on the Beastcast a few weeks ago and they were talking about getting a pickle lineup in or something for him to try some out.

oti

Banned
Booted up my Xbox for the first time in months to try ReCore.

I don't like ReCore.

It's clunky, the fighting system isn't fun, the mini game to extract the cores is stupid and the game just throws collectibles at you as if you were a child that couldn't focus on a game unless it gave you stuff to collect every 20 seconds.

Also the way the music jumps in makes this feel like a PS2 game.

The jumping and sliding was neat.

oti

Banned
doesn't breath of the wild have hundreds and hundreds of collectibles
It sure does. But most of it makes sense. Like apples, tree branches and ingredients for cooking. In ReCore it's mostly just stuff. Stuff lying around in boxes, in chests, stuff dead enemies leave behind. You need that stuff to build Roboter parts via blueprints.

I don't like it when a game is obviously just throwing crap at you so you see numbers go up and feel good about it.

BTA

what do you need 900 korok seeds for

are they at least fun to collect like agility orbs are

They're generally from little puzzles you notice out in the environment.

I will never seek them out but it's fun to notice what's probably a Korok puzzle and then solve it and it is.

oti

Banned
what do you need 900 korok seeds for

are they at least fun to collect like agility orbs are

To expand your inventory. But you don't really need to go out of your way to collect them. There are so many of them, you'll just stumble upon them wherever you go.

Collecting all of them sounds super tedious and not fun.

drabnon

I've been inspired by Exquisite Corps to give X-Com a real shot for the first time; it has been sitting in my Steam library for too long, untouched. I've been playing through on normal mode of the game (no expansion and no Iron Man). So thanks GB east for pushing me to finally play this great game. It makes it harder for me to be critical of the corps' play because I'm making mistakes in my game and I'm not even on a hard difficulty or the punishing Iron Man mode.

Also those sectoids who mind control your soldiers are real fuckers. I hope there's a way to counter them.

Aselith

I've been inspired by Exquisite Corps to give X-Com a real shot for the first time; it has been sitting in my Steam library for too long, untouched. I've been playing through on normal mode of the game (no expansion and no Iron Man). So thanks GB east for pushing me to finally play this great game. It makes it harder for me to be critical of the corps' play because I'm making mistakes in my game and I'm not even on a hard difficulty or the punishing Iron Man mode.

Also those sectoids who mind control your soldiers are real fuckers. I hope there's a way to counter them.

Hit them with the flashbang and it will cancel mind control

Dude thanks for clarifying all that. For some reason I thought the anime was a continuation of the series or something. I started Steins;Gate and it seems a slow burn but I'm still super early and I don't mind it so much anyway.

Just finished watching Coherence and damn if that isn't a fantastic sci-fi movie. Highly recommended if you like mind-bending movies and don't mind low budgets or talkers. Think Primer. The less you know about the movie before going in the better.

Coherence is very very good. Shame more people don't watch it.

drabnon

Well I know I can kill them but their range is insane! I just did a mission where two of them attacked at the same time and nearly killed 1 of my squad. I was hoping one of the research branches would give me immunity because it seems like if any more than 2 attacked at once I would wipe.

Also, thanks for the tip about flashbangs, I'll keep it in mind.

*finishes month-long binge of the 85 hours of The Adventure Zone*
*steps back out into the world*

oh hey there's a sequel to destiny and it sounds like the guns feel good

(It's weird how the campaign seems to assume you won't do literally anything else before finishing it? I'm finishing late missions and getting level 11 gear rewards when I'm already 20.)

Aselith

Well I know I can kill them but their range is insane! I just did a mission where two of them attacked at the same time and nearly killed 1 of my squad. I was hoping one of the research branches would give me immunity because it seems like if any more than 2 attacked at once I would wipe.

Also, thanks for the tip about flashbangs, I'll keep it in mind.

It also works on viper grabs so if one grabs a soldier, it's actually really easy to kill them because you can flash and then hit them with basically a 100% hit chance with the soldier that got grabbed.

Nerokis

I started up the GBE Megadate, and wow, Echo looks incredible.

When Vinny was walking around the area with multiple large, severe, monolithic structures connected by snowy paths (around 15 minutes into the Megadate), I had this weird moment where I simultaneously felt a sense of awe and a deep sense of nostalgia from the way that the area evoked FFVII.

I'm not totally sure why I was reminded of FFVII, but I now believe that Echo will do a better job capturing whatever made that game special than the actual remake.

I'm kind of shocked at how well Crash did. It really seemed like the kind of nostalgia thing that only forum people would get excited about, but yeah, apparently not lol.

Curious if any other franchises from that era could possibly land anywhere near as well.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm kind of shocked at how well Crash did. It really seemed like the kind of nostalgia thing that only forum people would get excited about, but yeah, apparently not lol.

Curious if any other franchises from that era could possibly land anywhere near as well.
I wonder how Spyro would do.

Top Bottom