• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
First time trying out new D.Va and holy shit she is great, those missiles are awesome.

POTG and game won. <3 D.Va

That doesn't mean Effect is leaving right?

From my knowledge Taimou is great with hitscan players like S76 and McCree but not exactly Tracer.

I-hate-u

Seagull won't replace anyone. A lot of teams will have 7+ man teams I think in OWL. Envyus just had a 8 figure investment so the dough is not an issue.

In my mind Seagull has to prove himself on the pro level. He's been dormant for too long. But there's no denying he was one of the best projectile and Zarya players so he can fill the obvious voids in Evyus.

That doesn't mean Effect is leaving right?

From my knowledge Taimou is great with hitscan players like S76 and McCree but not exactly Tracer.

No he's gonna be a sub.

He's easily the best Pharah on the team, a better Genji than Taimou, and arguably a better Zarya than Mickie. He's also going to be playing all of those weird heroes when the team comp calls for it like Mei and Hanzo.

Okay Seagull on NV is making me really question my loyalties so I'm going to decide on my favorite team once all the rosters are announced lol

Makes sense.

I was wondering about Effect's Genji and Doomfist since I see him playing them a lot when he's streaming, but I assume Genji at least is going to be Seagull's job from now on.

I-hate-u

It's funny how he's known for his Shimada brothers and Pharah, but I think his Mei is his most impressive character.

Also this is gonna be the first time he's going to be backed up by a Tier 1 Ana in Chips.

Makes sense.

I was wondering about Effect's Genji and Doomfist since I see him playing them a lot when he's streaming, but I assume Genji at least is going to be Seagull's job from now on.

Effect is probably a better Genji to be honest. We haven't seen much of it in pro play but he did take his Genji-only account to rank 1 on the Korean ladder.

It's funny how he's known for his Shimada brothers and Pharah, but I think his Mei is his most impressive character.

Also this is gonna be the first time he's going to be backed up by a Tier 1 Ana in Chips.

He's never had a teammate as good as anyone on Envyus.

Also his Pharah is his best hero his rocket accuracy is insane.

RemiLP

NV will be unstoppable now.

They can finally run true dive :p Now they can play taimou when they need mcree/widdow and Seagull if they need pharah/genji/mei. Or he could flex to off tank.

No mater what, NV will be really flexible as a team now. That was pretty much the only weakness they had after talespin left.

I'm trying to play the free weekend on PS4. I installed the game and in the OW UI it gets stuck at installing 100%. I tried deleting and reinstalling but I keep getting the same issue. Any one know what's up?

The block heroes with the lowest rank idea wont work. I had a few games today where a smurf was clearly carrying but the lowest SR on our team.

i dont mean block. if you get matched with some turd who instalocks x character, higher ranked players should be able to take that character pick as their own

Real talk, Genji's ult is BS. How the fuck does he get that much startup time where he also has the ability to get his full ult charge back if hes killed during it.

Just killed a Genji and heard like 90% of the voice line, then he immediately gets rezzed and pops it again. I have had times on characters like Mei where I'll get killed before the ult even leaves my hand and it still takes the full meter

Also wtf at Comp matchmaking. Have a rank 2400 in a 3600 rank match.....

antitrop

Real talk, Genji's ult is BS. How the fuck does he get that much startup time where he also has the ability to get his full ult charge back if hes killed during it.

Just killed a Genji and heard like 90% of the voice line, then he immediately gets rezzed and pops it again. I have had times on characters like Mei where I'll get killed before the ult even leaves my hand and it still takes the full meter

Also wtf at Comp matchmaking. Have a rank 2400 in a 3600 rank match.....
The PTR got an update yesterday with a change for Ults that makes them instantly deplete to 0% charge upon activation.

So like, if Lucio dies during his casting animation, he loses his Sound Barrier now.

Blues1990

The PTR got an update yesterday with a change for Ults that makes them instantly deplete to 0% charge upon activation.

So like, if Lucio dies during his casting animation, he loses his Sound Barrier now.

Oh thank god then, that definitely seemed like an unfair advantage for a few characters. Genji always seemed to be the biggest offender, followed by Lucio's while trying to touch the ground

Also funniest team matchup ever. Enemy team has 4 Hog Mains that all have 20+ hours, I'm curious how this will turn out

Celegus

Does anyone know if the loot boxes (or even Hearthstone backs) from twitch prime go straight to your battle.net account or do you get a code? Twitch is tied to my wife's account but she doesn't play Overwatch or Hearthstone, not sure if there's a way I can get them on mine.

Zekes!

So, can anyone give me a rundown of the current OW meta? Started playing the game again recently, and I haven't played at all since the CNY event

Chance

That is The Best Explanation Of Dive There Is.

Also, I have a new clip show! Standard disclaimers: I'm mid-plat. I play on PS4. Overwatch is my first multiplayer shooter, and I have a ton of fun with it.

This week's show: Mercy matches, mostly 4v4 deathmatch, mostly from last night - and one clip from before the Valkyrie patch.

https://vimeo.com/235176491

And here it is on YouTube if the Vimeo link is being a jerk:

https://youtu.be/E0fcH3GjOUA

D.Va supports Winston way better than Zarya does.

As a Winston mainer I'v always prefered having Zarya, her bubbles give me a good extra few seconds before having to use mine, and Graviton makes getting multi kills so easy, especially when she nabs characters like Mercy and Tracer in it.

As far as counter dive, good ol Reaper blasting right into Winstons face tends to do the trick. I like Hog and Junkrat as well, characters with lots of health or who can easily melt the squishy flankers.

randome

I’ve noticed that when we have a mccree we are more likely to lose, at least up to mid platinum. I hate it. I can almost guarantee a loss when we have one.

Also, I’ve been playing mercy in comp and it must be a bad night because I’m getting paired with absolute morons. We just can’t win. Getting a lot of widow, hanzo, etc.

Top Bottom