• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Notch calls out Yogscast as "an isolated island of egos".

charsace

This is a misunderstanding of cultures. Though I can understand how someone can misconstrue their humor as being asshole-ish and crude. There was a episode of Top Gun where the dudes were talking about mexicans and the whole conversation was supposed to be a joke, but to me it just sounded like they were being racist and crude.

This is a misunderstanding of cultures. Though I can understand how someone can misconstrue their humor as being asshole-ish and crude. There was a episode of Top Gun where the dudes were talking about mexicans and the whole conversation was supposed to be a joke, but to me it just sounded like they were being racist and crude.

Speaking of Englishmen and Mexicans

MJLord

So, In my opinion they were both at fault for a few things that probably sparked it. Yogscast's excuse of we weren't told we couldn't swear is feeble, you know the age range of people there why put themselves in that position ? Mojang shouldn't have sold the qa video to IGN without at least getting yogs input.

either way problem solved ! back to my mountainside castle to fight off creepers !

Zomba13

So, In my opinion they were both at fault for a few things that probably sparked it. Yogscast's excuse of we weren't told we couldn't swear is feeble, you know the age range of people there why put themselves in that position ? Mojang shouldn't have sold the qa video to IGN without at least getting yogs input.

either way problem solved ! back to my mountainside castle to fight off creepers !

Um... the people at their were fans of their show (and of them) and they swear on the yogscast all the time. If they weren't allowed to swear they should have been notified when they run their panel by the Mojang staff. They were told it was fine (swearing and all).
The IGN thing is a bit dodgy unless they signed a contract or agreement or something and it was included in there (and the yogs claimed they weren't told as in verbally even though it was in writing). If they weren't told and it wasn't in any form of writing then it was bad form not to tell them.

It's entirely too difficult for me to keep a stable opinion about anyone related to any controversy that can be updated as quickly as it can on twitter and through the general tubes of the internet. My attitude towards Notch has been a freaking rollercoaster since this whole thing broke out, as opposed to my consistent disappointment with how little he did with what was one of the most promising games in recent years.

Notch sucks at PR, but he at least owns up to certain things.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge

None of this has anything to do with Yogscast swearing on stage. Notch claimed they said "fuck off" to a little kid, which they said they never did(and probably didn't since Notch wasn't even there).

I assume you mean top gear. And it was racist and crude but thats Jeremy Clarkson for you. Bigotry is ok if its a "joke" apparently.

Top Bottom