• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Home's first ARG called Xi debuts today

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/23/xi-has-begun/
CydoniaX said:
The world’s first console-based Alternate Reality Game starts today in PlayStation Home.

Called Xi , the adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home – and beyond – changing day by day, week by week, in real time. Anyone with a PLAYSTATION 3 can join in the fun for free – in English, French, Italian, German or Spanish.

To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed….
3379615438_292f9c9b53.jpg

BIG thanks to Wollan for updated Xi/Home details:
Wollan said:
April 6th update is live!

bandit2.jpg

bandit3.jpg

bandit1.jpg

Text adventure time! It's really well done retro.
Adventure should take you 30mins to an hour.
Wollan said:
Some screens of last weeks Maximum-Tilt as well:

Max2.jpg

max1.jpg

max3.jpg

max4.jpg

The world’s first console-based Alternate Reality Game starts today in PlayStation Home.

Called Xi , the adventure takes place in a series of secret areas in Home – and beyond – changing day by day, week by week, in real time. Anyone with a PLAYSTATION 3 can join in the fun for free – in English, French, Italian, German or Spanish.

To discover the mystery of Xi, simply log on to PlayStation Home and look for the graffiti on the wall in the main square. Find that, and all will be revealed….

Courtesy of Wollan

oops sorry sykoex I think you beat me.

bryehn

I deleted Home from my HDD. This looks halfway interesting though, guess I'll reinstall it for a while.

Davidion

Interesting concept, a not-so-real ARG. :lol

It's a compelling idea to a degree; people should report back on how this plays.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

XI HAS BEGUN!

Posted by CydoniaX // PlayStation Home Community Manager

3379615438_292f9c9b53.jpg

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
What can we win in the end? A new patch for Home that actually brings everything together and makes sense?

Mamesj

Banned
gofreak said:
What can we win in the end? A new patch for Home that actually brings everything together and makes sense?

bigger man trains via bots that do nothing but increase the size of man trains throughout Home.

Septimus

I completed all that's unlocked so far on the scavenger hunt. It was actually.... sort of fun, although short for now. Slightly reminiscent of old point and click detective/mystery games.

panda21

i dont know why but i reinstalled home to go and look at this earlier

the room you teleport to actually looks more boring and generic than home itself

it wanted me to go and get some object or something and it looked like you had to run around doing various tasks in this room but from the looks of it nothing more interesting than walking up to things and pressing circle.

Ramenman

I only found two of the three threads...

is finding the 3 threads the first part of the ARG and we're being played ? THE PLOT THICKENS :O

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Mudo said:
I don't get it. What IS this? I guess I don't know what an "ARG" is to begin with. Help?

Alternate Reality Game. Think "I Love Bees" only on Home (so maybe not so much emphasis on the "Reality" :lol ). Hopefully it's actually game-related and not just something to promote Home.

Cruzader

Banned
Well its called an ARG for a reason. The last clue required someone to go to a bench in Hemstead Health Park to find the next clue. Pretty cool but it was in UK or something. (before todays opening of the Xi hub, Xi mystery is another beast and has been going on for a few weeks now)

Cruzader

Banned
Norml said:
I like it:D

Does anyone know where you find out Jess favorite band?
type "AUTOMATIC" in holopad. On Miguel's blog he states jess plays a song too much. So then you type the song name in google and get the band's name.. 'The Automatic'

I never found it so I had to ask around.

Norml

Cruzader said:
type "AUTOMATIC" in holopad. On Miguel's blog he states jess plays a song too much. So then you type the song name in google and get the band's name.. 'The Automatic'

I never found it so I had to ask around.

Thanks.

andycapps

Secret PS3 game is here.

I think this could actually be somewhat interesting. I liked the Resistance 2 ARG a lot, so maybe I could get into this

radjago

Cruzader said:
Well its called an ARG for a reason. The last clue required someone to go to a bench in Hemstead Health Park to find the next clue. Pretty cool but it was in UK or something. (before todays opening of the Xi hub, Xi mystery is another beast and has been going on for a few weeks now)
So the R in ARG is in Home or is it the real world?

peetfeet

I can't get in anyone else having probs? UK here. Screen blurs to background and age rating comes up and 'The Hub' box appears as if to load but no bar appears. just the www in the corner , the outer ring moves and thats it....

Cruzader

Banned
JodyAnthony said:
i thought the whole point of an ARG was that it took place in the real world?
Xi hub is in Home to help solve whatever Xi is occuring in real life.

Funny to read this since Xi mystery is old, like a month old. The ARG started in February. Today they just opened the Xi hub in Home.

Top Bottom