• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 3| Light the signal! We've got guyposts, guyposts everywhere!

Very impressed you folks had the stamina (cough) to keep the "ask a girl" thread rolling, nice work.

Also it's a little weird how many threads I post in that H. Pro also posts in. #oldpeoplegaf

Bit of a random question, but did any of you ladies play Destiny a fair amount? I did in the beginning but didn't play with randoms a lot, so I didn't get much of a feel for the community. I'm pretty psyched about Destiny 2 and I was wondering if the community is toxic at all. I'll be playing on PS4. None of my friends play anymore so I'll be starting off alone, but I saw there were some ladies only clans so I might join one. I'm kinda terrified about playing with random dudes online these days.

shiba5

Bit of a random question, but did any of you ladies play Destiny a fair amount? I did in the beginning but didn't play with randoms a lot, so I didn't get much of a feel for the community. I'm pretty psyched about Destiny 2 and I was wondering if the community is toxic at all. I'll be playing on PS4. None of my friends play anymore so I'll be starting off alone, but I saw there were some ladies only clans so I might join one. I'm kinda terrified about playing with random dudes online these days.

I only played the first one a little because the lack of story really killed it for me. I'll probably pick up 2 just because it's something to do.

I only played the first one a little because the lack of story really killed it for me. I'll probably pick up 2 just because it's something to do.

Yeah, the story in the original before the expansions was pretty rough. I read that the expansions fixed that, for the most part, so I have high hopes for Destiny 2.

Yeah, like others I found the game really thin, but I did play a lot with friends for a while. I never engaged chat with randos. I felt like it wasn't necessary for strikes, but then, I wasn't doing the big raids either. I'm sure it would be there.

I haven't ordered a lot from ModCloth so I haven't had any issues with sizing. I just want more of their stuff. ;-;

If you don't mind used clothing, I highly recommend picking up used ModCloth stuff! I'm a member of a FB group for selling ModCloth stuff, and my experiences there have been pretty great. It's cheaper, and sellers are great about posting the exact measurements of the stuff they are selling.

Pau

If you don't mind used clothing, I highly recommend picking up used ModCloth stuff! I'm a member of a FB group for selling ModCloth stuff, and my experiences there have been pretty great. It's cheaper, and sellers are great about posting the exact measurements of the stuff they are selling.
Is it regional? Time to see if there are groups in NYC.

A spider suggested I tell y'all that I'm doing a charity gaming marathon for the Trevor Project (starting in just over an hour) and we have a really diverse team of streamers and it's usually really fun. Info is here if you wanna hang out for any of it!

Linkura

it's our love for coffee

it is affecting our sync ratio

and yep. pretty much as per expectations, sadly. if anything benefits only women, seems like it's actually hurtful to men????

but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many things benefits only men for a very, very long time :( dont they realize this????

also, i found the gif ^ ___ ^

ice-cream-misandry.gif
I fucking love this gif.

StoneFox

Just got recently prompted to manager trainee. I bet $20 people will still think I'm the secretary.

In other news, a dude walked up to the counter today and asked if I wanted any Skittles and held out his hand which was indeed filled with the candy. Lolwut. I just smiled and said no thanks xD At least the Skittles smelled better than the computer that caught on fire. >~>

grats on the promotion foxie!!!

bet u r on the money about that assumption ; __ ; so im not going to take you up on that wager ; __ ;

and ; __ ; on the skittles at hand offer... at least offer them still in the package! geez!

gaiages

Banned
It makes me glad I work in a female oriented career, or at least this office has way more women than men lol. Tho management keeps making weird as hell demands at me that I have to go "lol no" at. That's work for you :p

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Military is still largely male, but, with the exception of physical fitness standards, preaches equality to an almost nauseating degree. And EO cases are handled with extreme prejudice. I understand this is a VERY recent development however and the WAVES and WINS and the other women who predated me had it MUCH worse. Tailhook for example. Still, the modern day environment is really positive. To the consternation of certain groups of course. There are definitely those who lament the old days.

Not really threadworthy on its own, but we're about to go across country for what will probably be our last chance to visit our Australian side of the family for the next 2 years (because the pregnancy will be too far along for me to fly and then we'll have a newborn + Mia), and our beloved cat had to be taken to the vet for an emergency weekend visit because he got another UTI. Basically, the vet says he has a 50-50 shot to live at best if it happens again and that's IF the cat minders even notice in time. The idea of him passing while we're not here is devastating. If it wasn't impossible, I wish we could just cancel everything. Now we get to spend over a month abroad wondering if he'll still be here when we get back.

Soulfire

I'm sorry HPro, that sounds horrible. Maybe if you tell the handlers to be on the look out? Hopefully nothing happens though.

Leeness

HPro, sorry to hear :( I wish you all the best.

----

...Someone in the bus line asked me if I was a babysitter today. I don't know what to think.

StoneFox

Sorry to hear that HPro, I sincerely hope the best outcome happens. If it's possible, maybe the handlers can see pictures of him periodically to show that he's fine? That way you know he's doing okay and you know that they are looking out for him.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. That's a whole pile of extra stress and worry.

I don't think either my husband or myself have slept more than a handful of hours the last couple of nights. The poor boy has to have his cone of shame on or he'll lick his bits and make it even worse, and he just looks so miserable. You can hear him donking his way around corners or into door frames. When he does finally make his way onto the bed at night, my husband's so desperate to make him feel better he just pets him and does everything he can to help him get comfortable. He even sat up with him for an hour so that he could have the cone off and get some rest...at 4am.

I'm sorry HPro, that sounds horrible. Maybe if you tell the handlers to be on the look out? Hopefully nothing happens though.

Thanks, Soul. I'm having them both over on Monday to walk them through stuff, and I don't doubt their responsibleness/responsiveness for pets in need, but the thought of him shaking in pain unable to pee like he did before for hours while he waits for their night visit fills me with awfulness. We're trying to get one of Leigh's coworkers to just take Pod to their place for the whole time, but it's a huge ask. And it's not like they don't have to go to work too. I wish we could just bring him. Why Australia has to have the strictest rules...

Sorry to hear that and I wish y'all the best in this situation.

Thanks, ShyMel. Hoping he improves significantly this week so we can at least leave with a little hope.

Hugs for H.Pro

Cheers, wee. I seriously need one right now. He's the most lovable, loyal cat I've ever met and it just feels like we're abandoning him.

All my well wishes to my favorite cardboard bot!

Thanks, Beef. Keep sending them.

HPro, sorry to hear :( I wish you all the best.

----

...Someone in the bus line asked me if I was a babysitter today. I don't know what to think.

Thanks, Lee. Keep your fingers crossed for the old boy.

Sorry H Pro. I hope everything goes well for you!

Appreciate it, BB. Hoping for many positive, happy cat updates while we're away.

Sorry to hear that HPro, I sincerely hope the best outcome happens. If it's possible, maybe the handlers can see pictures of him periodically to show that he's fine? That way you know he's doing okay and you know that they are looking out for him.

Thanks, Fox. They do send pics and weekly updates on how they're doing. If they're amendable, I'll definitely ask for more, though. I don't care if they think we're crazy. If they knew how much his vet, special diet, pills, and how much it cost to fly him over here was, they'd definitely think so. :p

sorry to hear about your cat happuro ; __ ;

must be weighing on your minds and your hubby's too... hopefully ket will recover <3 sending over my best thoughts and jujus <3

yeah, wish can travel with my pets, too. i can totally relates . __ .

*hugs*

Chuckie

Not really threadworthy on its own, but we're about to go across country for what will probably be our last chance to visit our Australian side of the family for the next 2 years (because the pregnancy will be too far along for me to fly and then we'll have a newborn + Mia), and our beloved cat had to be taken to the vet for an emergency weekend visit because he got another UTI. Basically, the vet says he has a 50-50 shot to live at best if it happens again and that's IF the cat minders even notice in time. The idea of him passing while we're not here is devastating. If it wasn't impossible, I wish we could just cancel everything. Now we get to spend over a month abroad wondering if he'll still be here when we get back.

So sorry to hear that Jess :(

As a cat owner and lover I feel your pain.

Edit: Is it ok if I post here as a guy btw? I'll be a good boy.

Linkura

:( I'm so sorry.

sorry to hear about your cat happuro ; __ ;

must be weighing on your minds and your hubby's too... hopefully ket will recover <3 sending over my best thoughts and jujus <3

yeah, wish can travel with my pets, too. i can totally relates . __ .

*hugs*

Thanks, chica. It's really put a dampener of everything. I've had pets all my life, but he's one of a kind, and my husband absolutely dotes on him. I always knew it was going to be heartbreaking when he did go (he's an old boy that we rescued because he was a senior cat at the shelter so it's not like we weren't eventually expecting it), but not being there when he does is unthinkable. I know it's silly to feel so terrible when he's still here and seems to be doing better, but the very idea is tearing me up. I'm sure I can blame the hormones for some of that, though. :p

So sorry to hear that Jess :(

As a cat owner and lover I feel your pain.

Edit: Is it ok if I post here as a guy btw? I'll be a good boy.

Thanks, T. He seems perfectly energetic and healthy otherwise, so I'm trying to be more hopeful, but it just all goes downhill so quickly when it does strike. :( Anyway, we'll just try to get him back to fighting shape before we go. And, of course you can post. It's pests, inappropriate posts, and etc. that we prefer don't.

:( I'm so sorry.

Thanks, Linkura. He's doing better, so all we can hope is that he stays on track while we're away. 5 weeks is going to feel so bloody long, though... :(

Really sorry about your cat, H.Pro. I'd probably go numb if I was in the same situation with my dog. I hope you feel better soon and nothing happens.

It sounds like he's doing better, but man, I can only imagine how much that must be weighing on you. I love my cat so, so much and my heart hurts every time I think about losing her (she's 12 so she's getting up there.) I hope his health keeps improving and that you get lots of adorable updates while you're gone. <3

But nobody likes you though. :p

Hi GirlGAF, I'm FeenixRising

I was told (by Sch1sm) to try to broaden the people who I interact with on GAF and she suggested try GirlGAF (Beef posts there so I'm sure you'll be fine)

Hi. Schiz is good people. We commisserate over how much we don't write.

Why spell your name that way? Are you canadian?

Hi. Schiz is good people. We commisserate over how much we don't write.

Why spell your name that way? Are you canadian?

Schizz is really good peoples, though we're always slandering each other in the BCT Discord xD

Only reason I choose to spell my name like this is because 1) Phoenix was already taken , 2) Amerie's record label spells it like this so I chose this spelling.

And not Canadian

I'm so sorry to hear that, sounds rough. I can't imagine how hard that must be to be away.

Kinda related story. As a kid we had got a third little cute kitten, Sophia, to our family. We were so happy to have Sophia, it was really comforting to have cats in the house, especially this one. But, one day, the wild cat that frequented our house killed Sophia, because we forgot to lock the backdoor. I remember hear Sophia scream. I couldn't handle it. I was really sad...

Btw, hi I'm Deserted Maniac Island (I'm a boy. I don't know I thought I should say that), nice to meet you people!

I'm so sorry to hear that, sounds rough. I can't imagine how hard that must be to be away.

Kinda related story. As a kid we had got a third little cute kitten, Sophia, to our family. We were so happy to have Sophia, it was really comforting to have cats in the house, especially this one. But, one day, the wild cat that frequented our house killed Sophia, because we forgot to lock the backdoor. I remember hear Sophia scream. I couldn't handle it. I was really sad...

Btw, hi I'm Deserted Maniac Island (I'm a boy. I don't know I thought I should say that), nice to meet you people!

hi dessi :>

welcome o/

and very sorry to hear about how your cat went ; __ ;

StoneFox

Having one of those weird weeks were I get period symptoms but no actual bleeding. Why you got to be like this body? :| Can I get the opposite where I bleed without the symtoms ugh

This must be my body's revenge for eating at Taco Bell two times a week for the past month. But it's so good ;_;

Top Bottom