• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANUELF

Banned
Found the perfect gif to show Katy last single selling under 17k first week
fb3cxVQ.gif

Imho both of katy's singles are better than anything from her last record.

It makes sense that they flop in this timeline though. Source: check the top 10 chart

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
christ that dj khaled justin bieber song is trash
why is it sitting on top of itunes i dont understand

Frodo

Bon Appetit has a nice beat. The rhymes are awful though.

It feels like Katia wants to do grown up music but has a fifth grade student writing the songs.

Kygo and Ellie is not offensive? But then again, that's it.

Phreaker

I woke up this morning, lying in bed, humming a melody. I couldn't place it, so I just kept humming it until I remembered a few words.....my body's trippin on you, feelin' higher than the moon, got me tryin' something new - still I was like wtf song is that? OMG if it wasn't Rebecca Black - Foolish.

I blame Vazduh!

Bon Appetit has a nice beat. The rhymes are awful though.

It feels like Katia wants to do grown up music but has a fifth grade student writing the songs.

Kygo and Ellie is not offensive? But then again, that's it.

Bon Appel-TIT has some good production behind it

shame about Migos

Ellie's new music is certified trash as per, not surprised anymore considering how shit she has become ever since she first tasted success with Love Me Like You Do

juCfmgt.gif

rhandino

Banned
christ that dj khaled justin bieber song is trash
why is it sitting on top of itunes i dont understand
You are right.

The music video tho! Its like the ultimate wet phantasy for male heterosexuals: hot models, Bieber, hot models, rappers, a mansion, a dash of gangsta and did I mention de models?

Oh well.

Mau ®

Western Pop girls are about to become extinct. The market has shunned them so hard they're having identity crises, trying bland woke-pop or faux-country personas.

Vazduh

Shania Twain's comeback song after 15 years away...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUGG4cSRJ7E

This audio is from her live performance at Stagecoach so maybe the studio version will be better? It's not necessarily bad but it's just a milder version of "Up!" when I needed a wilder version of "Gonna Getcha Good"

This is serving Hilary Duff's comeback single, Chasing The Sun. Decent, but kinda lukewarm tune and that's it.

Let's hope the studio version is better.

I think the problem is that the new pop hews are fucking awful and completely unremarkable. Like, Gaga brought her unique brand of pop to the table, Perra perfected bubblegum pop with Teenage Dream, Ke$ha delivered "fun and wild" party pop music, etc. What are Hagsey, Bebe something, Dua Whompa, white Rihanna, etc. Bringing to the table? Absolutely nothing. It's just a different voice on the same fucking tired kumbaya beach beat with shitty lyrics like "Oh baby I miss when you used to smell my hair when you had a beer in your hand in your 1992 Jeep ohhh"

It's all just shit at this point. I can't wait until actual new talent rises (hopefully)

DOWN

Banned
I feel like Pink does nothing but drop a couple albums with radio hits within a couple years together, then disappears for several years completely, then comes back and does it again

She is like radio jam fun but she's not in the conversation of influential pop imagery by choice, but she is still good

Mau ®;235244665 said:
Western Pop girls are about to become extinct. The market has shunned them so hard they're having identity crises, trying bland woke-pop or faux-country personas.
Here's to a queen who always stays true to herself.

giphy.gif

MANUELF

Banned
oof she just can't leave Kathryn alone.
She in her goddess goodness gave her 2016 to release, she didnt do so, is not her fault Katy decided to release another album after 4 years when she is already forgotten

ugh of course Taylord is going to release something in the first year of Trump's presidency. She's so transparent.
I know, she wants yo give us something to remember 2017 fondly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom