• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Mod Discussion and News [Creation Kit released]

I've also come to a similar conclusion, difficulty for me is I need a laptop, and I need it to handle Fallout 4 easily when it comes out.

Go to the I need a New PC thread, although a laptop makes it hard. And being prepared for a game that isn't even announced even harder.

Although I think it would be about the same requirements as Skyrim if the release schedule was the same as with Fallout 3.

cilonen

Go to the I need a New PC thread, although a laptop makes it hard. And being prepared for a game that isn't even announced even harder.

Although I think it would be about the same requirements as Skyrim if the release schedule was the same as with Fallout 3.

I posted in the gamer-recommended laptops thread as I couldn't deide where best to put my post, but now I'm not so sure that one gets many views :)

Yeah, I appreciate I'm asking about a fairly big unknown, I'm also prepared for a collective shrug of 'no idea', may have to cool my heels and wait a while - gonna be painful though.

I posted in the gamer-recommended laptops thread as I couldn't deide where best to put my post, but now I'm not so sure that one gets many views :)

Yeah, I appreciate I'm asking about a fairly big unknown, I'm also prepared for a collective shrug of 'no idea', may have to cool my heels and wait a while - gonna be painful though.

Ah yeah, I forgot about that thread. It's a lot less active sadly enough, although the people in the I Need a New PC thread would probably redirect you to there.

I don't really know :) I was just reading about the FXAA technique. Then i heard using in conjunction with msaa might help reduce jagged edges for foliage. Colonial, can you educate me about the differences about using it for post process and AA?

Damn, I wrote up this big post explaining it but lost it.

Download 'Skyrim Enhanced Shaders' and have a play with the 'Extras' from that.

Does anyone know if there is a mod that always displays your follower's health if you have them in your crosshair?
Trying to keep my follower alive is a big concern of mine, I use the NPC heal to keep them up, but the health bar always fades out either instantly or just doesn't show up so I don't know if I should keep healing them or not.

Or if there's some kinda mod akin to unit frames in wow that always shows your party health or something.

Does anyone know if there is a mod that always displays your follower's health if you have them in your crosshair?
Trying to keep my follower alive is a big concern of mine, I use the NPC heal to keep them up, but the health bar always fades out either instantly or just doesn't show up so I don't know if I should keep healing them or not.

Or if there's some kinda mod akin to unit frames in wow that always shows your party health or something.
I've been doing this

`
click on follower
getav health

`

yeah, I would like a mod too

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Does it give back the perks available regardless of your level (just to be sure)?

addperk is the opposite. I haven't resorted to doing this but it's worked based on forum research. It's more tedious but I haven't ran into a mod or more wide sweeping command that resets and gives you your skill points back.

Mashing

So I tried confident ENB profile and it looks great during the day (maybe a little bright but nothing I can't deal with), however, I then have two issues:

1) At night, it's simply too dark to see more than 5 ft in front of me.
2) During the day, the shadows are too sharp (like AA is turned off) and it really jarring when the light source is updated every 5 seconds and you can clearly see the shadows jump. I'm aware vanilla does this too, but you barely notice because the shadows are smoothed out.

I also have the water issue Maleficient has as well.

I think y'all might be happy with this one.

It's called:

Wars in Skyrim

It's supposed to increase the amount of enemies that you will find in the game, vampires, warewolves, thalmer.

It will also hopefully make you come across battles more often between the two factions when you're near the lines.

He's working on making it cause even more fights with more enemies all over the place as well. Certainly something the game needs more of... MORE FIGHTING.

Karak

I think y'all might be happy with this one.

It's called:

Wars in Skyrim

It's supposed to increase the amount of enemies that you will find in the game, vampires, warewolves, thalmer.

It will also hopefully make you come across battles more often between the two factions when you're near the lines.

He's working on making it cause even more fights with more enemies all over the place as well. Certainly something the game needs more of... MORE FIGHTING.

Its cool but without the ability to adjust spawnpoints it destroys FPS at various times and has caused our group a could CTD's but not sure why. Especially as the enemies don't always tag as an enemy and you can get 5-6 at various times above what would normally spawn at that location.

Love the idea though. But it needs the CK I think to really break it out.

Where is Martigan? I want him to bring his mod to Skyrim.

Uggg... so many posts, but I just HAD to share:

ibjAqxbOgmavzM.jpg

iVLk3CnicVKaS.jpg

itwpzhBN9tKpD.jpg

inhfRE90tG6IF.jpg

ibdeZqOktJq7M0.jpg

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Any good videos out there showcasing most of these mods in effect (together, of course)?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Is there any mod that nukes Bethesda's awful NPC path finding and makes companions not a useless sack of shit?

Can I pose a legitimate question?

Why is this thread still in the Gaming section when the OT has already been shuffled back into the Community forum?

LordAlu

I can't seem to get ENB to work at all. Running a Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, 8GB RAM and 560Ti.

I downloaded Confident's ENB from SkyrimNexus and extracted it to my base Skyrim folder. When I ran the launcher it stated that it wanted to auto-detect my graphical settings (which is expected), but when I click OK it crashes the launcher. If I run the launcher again it doesn't want to auto-detect and I can set my own settings. I then change the Float setting in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 1, but then when I try to play the game it loads and then crashes to desktop, with no errors.

If I delete the files and run the launcher again, it again wants to auto-detect, but that works fine and when I click play I go straight into Skyrim.

Not got any other mods either, was reading through the thread and thought I'd give it a try but it just doesn't seem to work.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can I pose a legitimate question?

Why is this thread still in the Gaming section when the OT has already been shuffled back into the Community forum?

That's how things work. It keeps the heavier OT's of certain games there and also keeps the game exposed.

You could ask this question of all OT's.

I can't seem to get ENB to work at all. Running a Core 2 Duo 3Ghz, 8GB RAM and 560Ti.

I downloaded Confident's ENB from SkyrimNexus and extracted it to my base Skyrim folder. When I ran the launcher it stated that it wanted to auto-detect my graphical settings (which is expected), but when I click OK it crashes the launcher. If I run the launcher again it doesn't want to auto-detect and I can set my own settings. I then change the Float setting in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 1, but then when I try to play the game it loads and then crashes to desktop, with no errors.

If I delete the files and run the launcher again, it again wants to auto-detect, but that works fine and when I click play I go straight into Skyrim.

Not got any other mods either, was reading through the thread and thought I'd give it a try but it just doesn't seem to work.

Can you use a FXAA injector? Some people were having crashing problems running any d3d9.dll

I love the ENB profiles but they only look good indoors/night, during the day is usually way way too bright, any help on that front, i already changed the one flag that the guide had, anything else to get the day looking more natural without affecting how the night looks (i love the night)

LordAlu

Can you use a FXAA injector? Some people were having crashing problems running any d3d9.dll
Hmm, the FXAA injector on SkyrimNexus is hidden and non-downloadable. I can tick the FXAA box in the game settings and it runs fine, is there anywhere else hosting the injector?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Honestly, I have yet to see an ENB config that doesn't look worse than the vanilla game. I'm serious.

The only lighting mod that I've seen that doesn't completely ruin the general art direction is that Realistic Lighting Without Post-Processing mod, and even then the daytime lighting is a bit overdone.

Ledsen

Try this. http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=240

I have yet to see a vanilla screenshot that looks any good. It's really a dull, grey looking game.

The palette and art direction fits the theme and setting. Oversaturated ENB colors with broken black levels and glowing bloom don't. It's completely overdone in all pictures I've seen. It took the Skyrim artists years to arrive at the final look of the game, and everything from the colors to the textures to the models are made to fit together visually. Random people with post process mods cranked up to max aren't going to come close i outdoing them anytime soon. It's optional of course, but many are calling it a "must" or a clear upgrade over vanilla, which I feel is a gross misrepresentation.

LordAlu

Actually, reading the instructions for this made me realise why ENB wouldn't work - I have amBX on my PC, and according to the instructions for this it doesn't work with amBX. So I shut down all the amBX processes on my PC and tried ENB again and it worked :)

Only problem now is that I need to close all the amBX stuff before playing, which is a shame as I like amBX :(

Vanilla game has glowing bloom, more than some ENB configs (look at those character shots ColonialRaptor posted). And I have to laugh at the idea of the artistic vision of the devs. These are the same people who brought us piss-filtered post apocalypse.

Here's a pic someone posted before from the vanilla game, how is half the model pitch black? The only thing ENB lacks at the moment is consistency.

The palette and art direction fits the theme and setting. Oversaturated ENB colors with broken black levels and glowing bloom don't. It's completely overdone in all pictures I've seen. It took the Skyrim artists years to arrive at the final look of the game, and everything from the colors to the textures to the models are made to fit together visually. Random people with post process mods cranked up to max aren't going to come close i outdoing them anytime soon. It's optional of course, but many are calling it a "must" or a clear upgrade over vanilla, which I feel is a gross misrepresentation.
ENB can be used to reduce the overblown bloom of vanilla. I say all things concerning light are fixable from the original game without having to increase the saturation too much. though I like blue shadows.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Finally used the Quality world map, amazing stuff, the Better Females mod was garbage and look out of place imho, will just stay with Xenius Character Enhancement.

Any way to use Iron Helmet -male version- for a female Dovahkiin? (Iron Helmet's horns shaped differently when using on a female character) ,Also Is there any other HD texture than Skyrim HD 2K ( I use it but dislike how it look sometimes) any info if Chris2012 will make his HD pack soon or not ?

If you don't change the character's race, you don't get screwed on stats. You can change appearance safely.

Yeah thanks that worked without major problems, lost the 50% cold resistance (Nord here) but needed to reload from the main menu and got it back( also just have to requip my stuff)

Ken

How do I add new textures and meshes? I remember somehow making a folder for each in the Data folder for FO3 and I would just drag and drop in, but don't remember how exactly I changed them from the .bsa format. Right now my files are just in .bsa, any tips?

Atomski

Just started a new character and am running the Pise mod and dificulty set to master. Holycrap was the first dungeon a pain. Like playing a completely different game.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
L0st Id3ntity, your shots/videos look amazing. Unfortunately I think running ENB would bring my piddly GTX 460 to a crawl. Time to update soon I guess!

I have yet to see a vanilla screenshot that looks any good. It's really a dull, grey looking game.
Not true. I won't as far as say the game is a stunner but not even one single shot that looks good? You are exagerating a bit :)
Honestly, I have yet to see an ENB config that doesn't look worse than the vanilla game. I'm serious.
Yea, ENB looks ok at night or indoors. MOst of the time the ENB shots that look nice, would still be nice even on vanilla settings.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Man. The texure mods make the game look sooo good. Not a fan of the better female faces mod. Mostly because the faces tend to have a bit too much makeup.

Yeah, I don't like pretty female mods either. I like my lady scarred, dirty and rough as hell.

Phandy

At this rate, with skyboost I might be eventually able to run some goddamn ugrids. Cant wait. Ugrids is pretty much the only thing I REALLY want to run. Its the most glaring graphically problem in the game; the crappy LOD/LOD distance.

Phandy

Coders at Bethesda must be crying in shame. Skyboost is amazing.

I wonder how long before Bethesda pretty much patch this into their own game. Make all the same adjustments this guy has made. It seems insane that they wouldn't do this.

NBtoaster

At this rate, with skyboost I might be eventually able to run some goddamn ugrids. Cant wait. Ugrids is pretty much the only thing I REALLY want to run. Its the most glaring graphically problem in the game; the crappy LOD/LOD distance.

ugrids are a big sapper of GPU performance, which skyboost doesn't affect. You'll need to wait for some GPU booster if you're having trouble running increased ugris now.

Dizzy-4U

Oh wow, I'm getting 55-60 fps in all Whiterun with r4 and bazillion mods included. It's so good. Without Skyboost I get 31 FPS.

LGf10.jpg

Enco

Oh wow, I'm getting 55-60 fps in all Whiterun with r4 and bazillion mods included. It's so good. Without Skyboost I get 31 FPS.

LGf10.jpg

Can't wait to try it out later today. This, new drivers and new mods = awesome

First time I'm going on Skyrim in a month.

I need some help guys, I tried to revert the Ugrids back to 7 using the PC performance thread method, but it seems that it can't be done that way from update 1.3 onwards, so, I ended up with a reddish logo screens and load models.

I've been reading some fixes online but they all say I need to erase the new .ini file supposedly created within my Data folder, problem is there's no .ini file in my Data folder at all.

Any advice?

Top Bottom