• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great OP shackles!
I really wish I could use nuuvem and buy it for $2. I blame your gifs and impressions for it. >_>
Really sorry to hear that man. Really sorry.
BioShock 1 has crap combat , the only thing it has going for it is the atmosphere and writing that falls off a Cliff after the "twist".
You think so? I found it very refreshing combat-wise. The guns with varied ammo types, hip firing and the plasmids led to one of the most satisfying and memorable combat encounters in gaming I've ever had.

MUnited83

For you.
Great OP shackles!

Really sorry to hear that man. Really sorry.

You think so? I found it very refreshing combat-wise. The guns with varied ammo types, hip firing and the plasmids led to one of the most satisfying and memorable combat encounters in gaming I've ever had.

Sounds like you need to go play Bioshock 2 and see the light ;)

Caerith

I can't say I prefer bad ports, I prefer good ports, but I doesn't depend on my wishes in any way as far as I noticed.
That's either the definition of fatalism or the definition of exigology.

Because if it did, FF5 would have had full blown enormous budget remake with shiny graphics and a whole lot of additional content.

Publishers only do what money tells them to. You say you want a full blown remake with good graphics and additional content, but your money says you'll take what they give you. You're not the first-- gamers are notorious for their lack of resolve-- but you're not part of the solution if you're being part of the problem.

Stop spending money on garbage, and publishers will have change their practices.
Continue spending money on garbage, and I'll look forward to several posts defending the next atrocity S-E craps out.

zkylon

zkylewd
AI and systems is a hell of a lot easier for me than making something look good or having enough content =p
lucky, tho i can relate

when i was devving my stealth game (which is now iceboxed for a while but hopefully i'll go back to it at some point) i was kind of stuck on some mechanics that i wasn't sure of so i just spent a lot of time just making my own tile based level editor with like ai patrols and other ai behaviour you could set up and with like hit f5 and run it and lots of other cool stuff

but after going through 4 different attempts at good ai that was always either too dumb or too smart and never fun i've just come to terms if i ever work on that game for reals i'll just pay someone to do the ai for me lol

I need charts and pie graphs for this information.

Also show your work or you don't get full credit.
i don't ever show my work because either it's not finished or i lack the confidence to show things in development

FZo20aSQz2U0.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Come to papa. 13th of October can't come soon enough.
i wish they did a balance pass for in-game gwent and added a shit ton of master players to the game

i'd really like that

zkylon

zkylewd
right!? gwent is the shit
gwent is great but it became trivial a long while ago and i think it's kind of really unbalanced for some decks

i also wish it didn't take so long to get cards for some of the decks. like the monster deck is pretty interesting cos you go all in on those zerg rushing cards but those are worthless until you have like a whole lot of them.

i thought about trying some of the gwent mods but i think you need to start over for that

Arthea

That's either the definition of fatalism or the definition of exigology.

Publishers only do what money tells them to. You say you want a full blown remake with good graphics and additional content, but your money says you'll take what they give you. You're not the first-- gamers are notorious for their lack of resolve-- but you're not part of the solution if you're being part of the problem.

Stop spending money on garbage, and publishers will have change their practices.
Continue spending money on garbage, and I'll look forward to several posts defending the next atrocity S-E craps out.

Suikoden fans had to learn fatalism the hard way and you can't unlearn that, I tried.

As for being a part of a problem, I totally am, but you see, we are talking about old games not many people care about these days, no matter what we'll do, SE won't spend more money on it, if they could treat this way FF6 too, which is much more popular than FF5, meaning they could profit from proper remake much more, FF5 had and has no chances.

Wanna know how deep that Arcana Heart game is?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=180391640
Yup THAT deep.

what if it is too deep?

That OT is very complex too

Anyone ever have this error when on Steam Support and clicking on once of the recent games in the list? I'm trying to get a refund.

"Failed to load help information for app [xxxxxx]"

gwent is great but it became trivial a long while ago and i think it's kind of really unbalanced for some decks

i also wish it didn't take so long to get cards for some of the decks. like the monster deck is pretty interesting cos you go all in on those zerg rushing cards but those are worthless until you have like a whole lot of them.

i thought about trying some of the gwent mods but i think you need to start over for that

yea its pretty unbalanced, legendaries for example, there should be a limit, like you can only 3 in a deck or something, i dominate because like have my deck is legendaries. Also i feel the same way about the monster deck, i wanted to try it but by the time i finally had a good amount i already had a op deck. I hope the next expansion has another qwent tournament, pls CDPR.

Turfster

but after going through 4 different attempts at good ai that was always either too dumb or too smart and never fun i've just come to terms if i ever work on that game for reals i'll just pay someone to do the ai for me lol

It's a careful balancing act, that's true.

Caerith

Suikoden fans had to learn fatalism the hard way and you can't unlearn that, I tried.

As for being a part of a problem, I totally am, but you see, we are talking about old games not many people care about these days, no matter what we'll do, SE won't spend more money on it, if they could treat this way FF6 too, which is much more popular than FF5, meaning they could profit from proper remake much more, FF5 had and has no chances.
If you want to play FFV and FFVI, either get this instead (loading times, but whatever) or there's the whole RetroPi thing but I don't know if we should talk about emulation here.

If you want remakes and ports, all you can do is try to support people who are making good remakes and ports. Buy the ones that do a good job, then start a petition to have the games you want get the same treatment.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you want to play FFV and FFVI, either get this instead (loading times, but whatever) or there's the whole RetroPi thing but I don't know if we should talk about emulation here.

If you want remakes and ports, all you can do is try to support people who are making good remakes and ports. Buy the ones that do a good job, then start a petition to have the games you want get the same treatment.

Additionally (since we're on PC anyway) why not try your hand at modding the game? There are already a few resources to dump the .DAT files to .PNG (and back). Don't like the Amano sprites? Remove them. Don't like the portrait colors? Change them. Some people have even modified the battle sprites.

Might as well make the best of a bad situation.

Arthea

I've played FF5 many times before, I have PSX version still, probably even two of them, I sincerely hope that this one we got on steam runs better.

Doesn't work that way either, I don't buy a game because it's a good port (probably never will), I buy a game because it's a good game and I want to play it. Isn't it the same way with you?

Annubis

Additionally (since we're on PC anyway) why not try your hand at modding the game? There are already a few resources to dump the .DAT files to .PNG (and back). Don't like the Amano sprites? Remove them. Don't like the portrait colors? Change them. Some people have even modified the battle sprites.

So, what you're saying is that it's only a question of time until there's a nude mod?

Arthea

I have no problems with Amano portraits, I like those!
But yeah, there is some guy (Deques posted it) that plan to redraw all sprites. We'll see how it'll end.

Anyway, until I get around to playing it, there is a chance I'll have no problems at all, who knows. Even if it's not a remake I hoped for, it's still a remake of FF5.

Ozium

about to jump into NOT A HERO do I controller it or keyboard?

seeking advice from people who have played it not control-type warriors thanks

as someone who grew up as a console gamer, controller all the time bby, except when it comes to online shooters, then you're pretty forced to use keyboard, but besides that controller ftw.

zkylon

zkylewd
battletech sounds interesting, i don't know much about the universe but i like the idea of noble houses mecha fighting, that sounds awesome

backed it, i'm not the biggest fan of the new shadowrun games but it was mostly interface related issues and since this is like pc/mac/linux i feel pretty ok with that now

yea its pretty unbalanced, legendaries for example, there should be a limit, like you can only 3 in a deck or something, i dominate because like have my deck is legendaries. Also i feel the same way about the monster deck, i wanted to try it but by the time i finally had a good amount i already had a op deck. I hope the next expansion has another qwent tournament, pls CDPR.
yeah, i don't think legendaries are that problematic because they're overpowered, they just have the issue that they make the game boring since they're immune to special effects and they're usually just big numbers, no special effects or anything

would've been much cooler if legendary cards had unique effects, rather

It's a careful balancing act, that's true.
it's pretty tough if you're on your own, which is why i scaled down my projects a lot since

Corpekata

Banned

It only really has a few controls (movements, cover/slide, shoot, grenade, reload), and it's not like you have to aim really so keyboard is probably fine, though it might be a little bit hectic given it can be pretty fast paced at times.

Though I've only played it on pad, so can't attest to it's keyboard controls too much.

I just got an email about the Ghost in the Shell shooter beta, it's an oddly aggressive email asking me to completely trash their servers during the play time, let's see if this is a train wreck or not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How's Lara Croft and The Temple of Osiris ? It's currently 80% off

It was short and enjoyable, though not as good as Guardians of Light (imo)

It's a pretty solid buy for $4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom