• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
I found a thread. Hello thread. How are you today? Will I play in the next few minutes? Perhaps...logging in now to find out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Oh. I didn't realize the old thread was locked. I thought people just didn't want to talk about League.

I managed to get god mode Udyr built on TT last night.

Mercs, Ice Gauntlet, Frozen Mallet, BOTRK, Visage, Randuins.

3v1ing under turrets like a boss.

garath

Ugh. Damn adobe air client.

Playing a ranked game and everything is going well, then see the message "attempting to reconnect". Internet is fine, music still playing. I wait for about 5 min then close the client thinking I can try to reconnect. I log back in and the game is gone.. WTF :( All I get is a PLAY button.

Only option is to re-queue. :( I do and win the next one pretty handily. Now I have 55lp but fully expect to lose some from that damn disappearing game. Ugh. So annoying. Was on a win streak too.

edit: It's now been an hour since my second game. My disconnected nocturne game isn't in my match history and I still have 55lp. So weird. Did the whole game disappear??

I still expect it to show up tomorrow as a loss.

Ken

you know

after playing dota2 (twice) and not having free recalls illuminates how silly it is in lol

Ferga

you know

after playing dota2 (twice) and not having free recalls illuminates how silly it is in lol

I would never b in LoL if recall didn't exist. Getting items is such a good bait to give up cs.

And I would buy a lot more wards.

Ken

You kill your enemy in lane in 1v1. He loses out on CS, and has to make the trek back to lane. On the bright side, he gets to buy some items to help him keep up in lane.

On the other hand, you get to manipulate the lane for a few seconds, and then base for the low cost of however many seconds cast-time is, buy to keep ahead of the dead guy, and you'll probably return to the lane at the same time as the dead guy. Free basing helps with that snowballing.

Now if you had to decide between walking back and forth after a kill, the cost for returning to base would be a tad higher and give the other guy a chance. You've already got an advantage over the guy in EXP and gold from killing, and free basing makes the advantage even bigger. Simplest change would be to make the recall take longer; it's pretty bad when you barely win a team fight, go to do objective, and a straggler gets to base in bush, run back and clean up/prevent objective.

idunno though. maybe everyone should just play sven

scy

You kill your enemy in lane in 1v1. He loses out on CS, and has to make the trek back to lane. On the bright side, he gets to buy some items to help him keep up in lane.

On the other hand, you get to manipulate the lane for a few seconds, and then base for the low cost of however many seconds cast-time is, buy to keep ahead of the dead guy, and you'll probably return to the lane at the same time as the dead guy. Free basing helps with that snowballing.

Now if you had to between walking back and forth after a kill, the cost for returning to base would be a tad higher and give the other guy a chance. You've already got an advantage over the guy in EXP and gold from killing, and free basing makes the advantage even bigger. Simplest change would be to make the recall take longer; it's pretty bad when you barely win a team fight, go to do objective, and a straggler gets to base in bush, run back and clean up/prevent objective.

idunno though. maybe everyone should just play sven

Courier.

There are shops in both side lanes.

Snowballing is worse in DotA.

Agkel

League of Legends |OT4| Best Thread Title NA

I know I'm a crappy player but how crappy is it if I got placed in bronze div 1 having started LoL ( and moba games for that matter) this past Dec? <<srs question.

Also fuck guys who kept insisting i play as Hec in ranked. Cost me a ton of matches(I'm an excellent early game Hec and the shittiest late game Hec in the world). Now i play what I want and I'm on a roll getting closer to promotion matches.

While I'm on it, how do I transition from the laning phase to mid and late game as Hec? I gank succesfully, I counter jungle pretty good but as soon as team fights, mini fight or big, break out I shit my pants bcs I really dont know what to do other than peel the adc.

ok since people don't really like the name I just compiled the title suggestions from the last thread and made a little survey so we can choose:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5BZKJJD

I'm really bored out of my mind...

League of Legends |OT4| Con Sabor Latino

Como veo los resultados? Voted for l2human, dota 3, gg and attempting to reconnect. Like skins, I must have all the titles!!!!

Courier.

There are shops in both side lanes.

Snowballing is worse in DotA.
And then more shops in the jungle. It's hard to imagine why they just kept everything the same as it was ten years ago. A lot of inelegant solutions compared to what we have now.

ok since people don't really like the name I just compiled the title suggestions from the last thread and made a little survey so we can choose:

I'm really bored out of my mind...
needs 'Crs Cop: soda cop'

zkylon

zkylewd
I just like how spanish sounds when mixed up with english. I got a broken AI talking like that in a little game I'm making :)

League of Legends |OT4| Con Sabor Latino

Como veo los resultados? Voted for l2human, dota 3, gg and attempting to reconnect. Like skins, I must have all the titles!!!!
you can't, they're a secret until I say so. I'll wait a couple days so everyone gets a chance to vote and then that's it.

needs 'Crs Cop: soda cop'
yeah, forgot about that one. just write it under the "otros" answer. surveymonkey gives me a weird warning when playing with the options so I'd rather not screw it up by doing stuff I don't know.

Snowman

League of Legends |OT4| Best Thread Title NA

I know I'm a crappy player but how crappy is it if I got placed in bronze div 1 having started LoL ( and moba games for that matter) this past Dec? <<srs question.

I think that's pretty good if it's what you got placed after just hitting 30.

Also there's too many thread titles to choose from, I don't know which I prefer at all :(

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
And then more shops in the jungle. It's hard to imagine why they just kept everything the same as it was ten years ago. A lot of inelegant solutions compared to what we have now.

Is there something inherently wrong with the shop placement?

Tell capcom to put online for the 3ds version and I'm in.

We have to wait for MH4 before we get that, but too bad that game is going to be shit anyway because it has climbing or some goofy crap.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Why is it still called a secret shop.

I don't get this.

It's not a secret.

It's a secret to new players! But really, the secret shop (as far as I understand it) exists to make it harder to get the game changing items and to prevent a team from turtling in base if they're at their tier 1 towers.

If you're on the defensive in late game you have to take a risk to go out to get those items you need, or you can risk sending your courier out and buying what you need with them.

Maybe Nome or Haly could pop in and explain it better.

Xisiqomelir

#SoloQueueProblems - the 4v5:

karthussupersuicideperfect_zps6c7d6891.png

Is there something inherently wrong with the shop placement?
Not inherently wrong. Obviously there are good reasons for it. But I think there are things in Dota (and so, Dota 2) that are just not elegant solutions, more complicated than they need to be. The shops are one thing... courier, two side shops and two secret shops on top of the main shop. Also things like ten points for attribute bonus. Boil it down a little bit.

Agkel

I think that's pretty good if it's what you got placed after just hitting 30.

Also there's too many thread titles to choose from, I don't know which I prefer at all :(

Yeah, I think I hit 30 about 2 weeks ago. After that played 4 or 5 normals and then went straight to ranked. Right now I'm 7 wins 2 losses with fid with 3 straight wins. I'm going to ride fid until I get promoted to Silver. Those 5 losses with hecarim really screwed me up, but I'm making my way to promotion pretty fast.

edit: To be honest I find ranked refreshing. If I play a champ I really know how to use like fid, amumu or naut, then it is not that hard to carry bcs people dont mess up as much as in normals and they understand your intentions as a jungler. On the other hands if I play a champ I'm so so with, we get crushed fast for little mistakes.

In normals, I find that it is way harder to carry but at the same time I am able to carry with champs I'm not so good at. Kind of hard to explain what I want to say. Words OP

Inskipp

I like the courier, but nobody in my games ever shift- queues their commands, which makes using it slightly irritating.

scy

It's a secret to new players!

Not really. I mean, the game goes "You need the Secret Shop!" and pings them both when you try to buy a Secret Shop related item!

I don't mind them (or couriers, I expected controlling it to be worse I guess but it's basically a quick keystroke to use it).

I just find it funny it's still called "Secret." Hidden works!

I like the courier, but nobody in my games ever shift- queues their commands, which makes using it slightly irritating.

aka, "Oops, took the courier from someone OH WELL NEED MY IRON BRANCH."

Imagine the raging if LoL games had couriers.

In DotA 2, 75% of solo-queue players seem to speak zero or semi-broken English so the game is just mostly silent instead.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Some games just can't be salvaged. (I disconnected for about 8 minutes which is why I'm so low level.)

yvXAaCn.png

zkylon

zkylewd
so I just bought an account on elobuff to see my stats. seems like they don't save up your previous stuff, which makes sense, but it does save some of it so it's pretty weird. I have like 85% winrates with malph, so it's pretty selective with what it has saved (probably based on other elobuff players that played with/against me or something). from now on it'll start saving my stats and my friends, so it seems alright.

6 bucks a month is kinda bit steep for a bunch of stats but I'll try it for a while. you could always split it with friends or something since it saves all your matches together and has all the same stats (% winrates, KDA, favorite items and champions, etc.) but that's only if you're from a third world country like I am or you're really cheap or something.

so I'm gonna go off my super outdates elobuff stats and say I have 87.50% winrate with lux :)

also I have an average 9.75 ward count on my last AP matches, buying as many as 14 with anivia and lux once. I'm a fucking hero.

Some games just can't be salvaged. (I disconnected for about 8 minutes which is why I'm so low level.)

yvXAaCn.png
? you're lucky your teammates lasted 8 minutes 4v5...

---------

edit: also no clear winners yet so cast your votes before it's too late!

(I really wish I could find that visual novel post, I'm 85% sure it's not all in my head)

Cathcart

Not inherently wrong. Obviously there are good reasons for it. But I think there are things in Dota (and so, Dota 2) that are just not elegant solutions, more complicated than they need to be. The shops are one thing... courier, two side shops and two secret shops on top of the main shop. Also things like ten points for attribute bonus.
I actually think the courier is awesome. And being able to pick up boots from the side lane shop is neat. idk, I think it's really cool that there are shops out there instead of just jungle mobs and creeps.
Boil it down a little bit.
Dude there used to be like 12 shops in the base, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom