• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yesterday I watched the trailer on Steam and I remembered the awfulness of the entire game. I'm still thinking about buying it right now.
I just did the same thing. I forced myself through a good deal of it. Still considering it, too. What's wrong with us

Leftovers are tough

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Deadly 30 -- MB-80B4EC7471A119A6 - Taken by autoduelist
The Night of the Rabbit -- MB-998C0C1A60E96012 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Motte Island -- MB-276DDA55F921C213 - Taken by WinterDemons
The Book of Legends -- MB-7D47F0775AFB848F - Taken by kevin1025
Really Big Sky -- MB-7346D3DC15590DEF - Taken by Htown
Warlock - Master of the Arcane -- MB-ADDCF40113808C05

Arthea

nothing still works properly for me, community is gone for good, shop barely loads, if at all, game pages show no pics. Anybody else has these problems?
oh, and download speeds are all time low, everything else seems to be fine, only steam.

FLD

outland+boxart.jpeg

Outland incoming: http://store.steampowered.com/app/305050/

Holy shit, Outland is finally coming to PC?! Nice!

The PS3 version has been sitting in my backlog forever but I just can't bring myself to fire up my PS3 for a PSN game at this point. I'd given up hope on this one, so I'm really glad it's finally happening.

derExperte

Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack finally got its discount, 75%.

nothing still works properly for me, community is gone for good, shop barely loads, if at all, game pages show no pics. Anybody else has these problems?
oh, and download speeds are all time low, everything else seems to be fine, only steam.

Change the download server in the options? You never know.

My theory is that Steam's app publishing system automatically applies region-lock options depending on the sub title (e.g. if you specify Yourgame RU+CIS, Steam will assume you want the sub protected).

DDOS attack. No hack.

why those DDOS attackers don't just get a life

Copons

Yesterday I've listed a CS:GO case for like 65 cents, when it was sold for at least 63.
Now I had to re-list it at 55 cents because people managed to undercut 10 cents in 20 hours.
Damn.

Turfster

Man, Assflag's 33% looks even sillier now compared to all the other 50-85% offs (Caribbean! gets a pass, since it's brand new and EA).
Robbery on the internet seas indeed.

Once a game is activated on your account its safe right? Like let's say you get witcher 3 for whatever price the Russians are selling it and then you activate it and now its on your account. The next day though the game gets locked and checks your IP to make sure your in Russia. That's not a problem for you since you got it before that, right?
Note: I don't want the witcher 3, I already got it I'm just curious how this stuff works since I'm still very new at this Russian deal stuff

Once a game is activated on your account its safe right? Like let's say you get witcher 3 for whatever price the Russians are selling it and then you activate it and now its on your account. The next day though the game gets locked and checks your IP to make sure your in Russia. That's not a problem for you since you got it before that, right?
Note: I don't want the witcher 3, I already got it I'm just curious how this stuff works since I'm still very new at this Russian deal stuff

I *believe* there has been no known case of a game getting revoked after it being activated on an account outside of stuff relating to payment fraud.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You're good.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, Assflag's 33% looks even sillier now compared to all the other 50-85% offs (Caribbean! gets a pass, since it's brand new and EA).
Robbery on the internet seas indeed.

To add insult to injury, the game was $11.99 on Gamestop 3 weeks ago but only included a Uplay key.

Shadownet

Banned
Yesterday I've listed a CS:GO case for like 65 cents, when it was sold for at least 63.
Now I had to re-list it at 55 cents because people managed to undercut 10 cents in 20 hours.
Damn.

I always list mine lower. Like if it sold for 63 cents. List it for like 60 cents. You gotta go lower otherwise no one will buy them.

madjoki

They can retroactively lock games if it's different package as with The Witcher 3.
I think almost all retroactively locked games has been eventually unlocked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
At fucking least, they sure have taken their time.

To be fair, it wasn't Housemarque's call to limit the game to consoles. Given that the announcement of the PC version specifies the game was originally published by Ubisoft, my assumption is that Housemarque bought the IP and then got to work on filling the gap.

derExperte

Downloaded Defense Grid 2 and it's still the beta. But I can get cards. Hm.

Man, I wish someone would release Monkey Island 3 digitally already, it's the one I've always wanted to try.

It's legitimately great. Not as good as 1 or 2 but the new devs gave their best and it shows.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Daily Talk like a pirate day

Talk like a pirate deals seem not entirely active.
The only one I can see is 33% for Assflag? Really, Ubi?

You had one job, Ubi. One. Job.

I'm not paying over $15 for a Steam copy of asscreed IV. Already played it once and had fun with it, I can wait.

To add insult to injury, the game was $11.99 on Gamestop 3 weeks ago but only included a Uplay key.

Not to mention that it was around the same price on the Humble Store but that was also a Uplay key.
OMFG the monkey island games are finally on sale. Thank you, disney overlords!

I just hope that this means that Disney will discount other Lucasarts games in the future.

Like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. Still salty that it wasn't discounted during the summer sale.

To be fair, it wasn't Housemarque's call to limit the game to consoles. Given that the announcement of the PC version specifies the game was originally published by Ubisoft, my assumption is that Housemarque bought the IP and then got to work on filling the gap.
Ok, i thought it was still published by Ubi.

Copons

I always list mine lower. Like if it sold for 63 cents. List it for like 60 cents. You gotta go lower otherwise no one will buy them.

Well, I don't mind waiting for a couple of days, and I don't mind seeing the occasional listing 1 cent less than mine.
But come on, what's the point of undercutting like 5 cents? T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom