• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you expect your PSN/XBLA/Wiiiware etc purchases to follow to next-gen systems?

bomma_man

I'm fairly sure WW/VC will, given Nintendo's insistence on (close to) perfect backwards compatibility and emulation, and the precedent set by DSi -> 3DS. The graphics card in my Wii's cooked it so I desperately hope this is the case.

Given the rumours about Sony I'm not confident at all that my PSN games will carry over. If so I won't be in any hurry to buy a PS4. There are still plenty of games I haven't played on PS3.

In all honesty I'm planning to go Wii U/iOS/new Macbook/3DS for next gen. I don't really play my PS3 enough to justify owning two consoles, and I couldn't give less of a shit about raw powah.

I do expect them to transfer over.

I will not buy the next Xbox if I can't transfer over my XBLA/XBLIG content.

Not buying a Wii U would be harder for me, but I'd probably sit out launch (barring some Metroid related surprise at E3) and see how they handle the backlash that should arise. Thankfully, Nintendo has already allowed DSi to 3DS transfers, so there's a little faith that they'll repeat that for Wii to Wii U.

Top Bottom