• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls Mafia |OT| Git Gud or Die Trying

rac

Banned
What? No, I'm talking about what you said at Day Start:

we have no idea what Corn flipped so why are you assuming he's Scum?

ok im just seeing this since i was on mobile

i voted corn, of course i would be assuming he's scum

so do you think i made this slip and also bussed corn?

So at this point, I have been asked to justify my readings on people I voted for. Fair enough! I haven't done it yet due to some semblance of mental exhaustion that I'm recovering from, and real life events.

Firstly. I didn't jump in at end day, because when days end and days begin, I'm actually still in bed! New Zealand timezones pin these events happening at butt o'clock in the morning and I normally don't get up until at least 9-10am, so I'm generally not around to reply or react until well into/well after proceedings.

Now, with that out of the way... S.C.U.M.R.E.A.D: hey_monkey and nin1000 edition!

What does S.C.U.M.R.E.A.D stand for?

Scouting
Condemned,
Unjust
Mafiosos
for
Retalliation,
Exhibition,
And
Death.

Now if you're asking me about the tone of this post... Well. It's a game, innit? I try to have fun as much as possible, so I try to present things in a fun way, even if it may seem "fluffy"!

Firstly.

D1 Adventures and Escapades!

There was all that talk on D1 (AND D2, and I think it may still be going!) about no-lynching. I've already made my feelings on that clear-- no lynching only helps scum, in my opinion, so the advocates of no lynching already get side-eye from me. But there's more people than Nin and Monkey who advocated for such a thing (And even provided helpful Maths(!) for justification!), so why am I singling these two out in particular, you might rightly ask? Outside of a gut feeling, which isn't evidence that should convince you, fellow town?

Firstly. Scum are probably going to be tight-knit. Since they can't converse with one another they have to make more open moves to signal scum to act alongside them. I know Monkey has said Mafia can't plan as a team, but Scum can signal a strategy and others can follow the leader, since they can read between the lines. Monkey indicates that they're hesitant to lynch as normal. Monkey also says that they like the idea of lynching "Every other day". I have already stated my disagreements here.

Next up. Nin posts a stream of more or less single-sentence posts. This is irritating to me just on a form level, but not necessarily an indicator of scummminess! However, it cold indicate a jumpiness.

Nin keeps posting but not much is of substance. It feels to me like they are trying to make a show of being present but also trying to lay low. Nin replied to the same post four seperate times in a row-- [1], [2], [3], [4], which seems super jumpy and incredibly ridiculous to boot. This is one way to probe a player, but... It reads as inherently icky to me.

Monkey says that this is a "good-faith, legitimate question", which inheretly reads as an incredibly specific assertion.

Nin again replies to the same post twice in a row with one-sentence low-effort posts just to keep up an appearance. [1][2]

Monkey votes for me for really strange reasons. The only real contributions I'd had outside of a joke vote are going against the every-other-night lynching and postulating about how Neutral may act with the new flip rules. They don't actively persue a vote against me afterwards, but I can't help but think of ulterior motives. This is a game of Mafia, after all, and Mafia would want more control over who gets killed and who doesn't, which no-lynching every other day would provide. Why wouldn't Mafia go after people who go against their attempts to pitch a solution that excessively benefits them?

In addition, Monkey asserts that "they're not trying to scumread anyone who isn't willing to discuss" no-lynching every other day. This is an incredibly specific assertion in response to something that wasn't brought up before they did so themselves. Which automatically reads as manipulative.

Nin again jumpily responds to the same post twice with single sentences. [1] [2]

Nin gets really agressive for no clear reason. Gambit?

Monkey automatically town-reads Nin when someone asks Nin what's up with their posting style. Which seems like something a partner in crime would do at an implication that wasn't an outright accusation-- automatically jump to an outright defense when the accusation hadn't even been levvied. "They're definitely not guilty" to someone who never accused them of being so.

Monkey asserts that they are suspicious of everyone not taking "no-lynch every other day" seriously, when town objections to such an act (which would essentially give Scum twice as many night kills while cleaving town lynch power in half) are plainly obvious.

Monkey immediately jumps to Nin's defense once again.

Nin's defense is mocking the idea that a way someone is playing the game can be indicative of their alignment which is ridiculous because that's the whole fucking point of Mafia.

Nin gets jumpy again. Replies to a player asking them for reads but after only 7 minutes, hardly any time for anyone to be able to reply, suggests that they have nothing.

Ninread! Which is based on assserting player's scumminess... By how they're playing the game. Funny that, eh?

So in conclusion.

Vote: nin1000.

I am more confident in Nin being scum than I am in Monkey being scum, since I can account for the possibility that I could be reading too far into their and Monkey's relationship.

I'm a she. I'm not a they. Please use my proper preferred pronoun. I have spent a lifetime carving out room as a woman in digital spaces.

This is not about how you prefer to treat gender. I would love to have that conversation outside of the game. However, this is a game rule and I'm asking that you respect my identity as well as the rule.

This is not about how you prefer to treat gender. I would love to have that conversation outside of the game. However, this is a game rule and I'm asking that you respect my identity as well as the rule.

I already said sorry, and explained why I did what I did. The implication there is that I will respect your wishes. What more do you want?

Why are you voting nin when we have a cop check?
+1

For now, yes. At least until everyone has posted.

So who's left?

3. [m] nin1000
4. [m] Muffin1611
5. [m] isaacnukem
6. [m] verelios
7. [f] kitsunelaine
8. [m] Trigger
9. [m] oreomunsta
10. [m] flatearthpandas
11. [m] StanleyPalmtree
13. [m] Christina Mackenzie
14. [f] hey_monkey
15. [f] sawneeks
17. [m] rac

I think we're just waiting on the three in bold?

Can someone point me to the post with the cop check?
Sure

Bloody hell, what's up with the end of day votes.

Here's where we stand. Town is clueless and needs direction so I'm willing to make a 1 to 1 trade. Just the tonic this game requires. I'm Sirris of the Sunless Realms and StanleyPalmtree is not aligned with town.

Lynch StanleyPalmtree, whose name does not have a capital 'T'.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree

Firstly. Scum are probably going to be tight-knit. Since they can't converse with one another they have to make more open moves to signal scum to act alongside them. I know Monkey has said Mafia can't plan as a team, but Scum can signal a strategy and others can follow the leader, since they can read between the lines. Monkey indicates that they're hesitant to lynch as normal. Monkey also says that they like the idea of lynching "Every other day". I have already stated my disagreements here.

That's an interesting point about mafia trying to signal each other openly in this thread, the only person I seem to recall StanleyPalmtree having much interaction with was nin1000.

Are you up for a turbo today?
I'm curious why you're so reluctant to go with a full claim.

I don't want a turbo until we know the other check. After that, it's all good.

I'm more here. But also:

1. [m] Burbeting
2. [m] Fireblend

3. [m] nin1000
4. [m] Muffin1611
5. [m] isaacnukem
6. [m] verelios
7. [f] kitsunelaine
8. [m] Trigger
9. [m] oreomunsta
10. [m] flatearthpandas
11. [m] StanleyPalmtree
12. [m] CornBurrito
13. [m] Christina Mackenzie
14. [f] hey_monkey
15. [f] sawneeks
16. [m] LordOfCastamere
17. [m] rac

Bold are dead, leaving us with 13. Stan dies today. We don't get a flip but we do get numbers after another night kill; we're down then to 11 players total. If the neutral burns the two already doused, that'll put us at 9. If CM is lying, we'll kill him, but another NK will happen, putting us at 7 total (9 if the neutral doesn't burn anyone or happens to be dead) and if we're at that point, here's how it looks:

7=

2 scum
1 neutral
4 town

So yeah, if we're talking worst case scenarios, I'm hesitant to jump on this lynch with a cagey claim on the board. CM, if you're saying it's likely to be a 1-1 trade anyway, why wouldn't you want to be as open and forthcoming as possible?

I mean, I think we'll have to kill Stan anyway because we won't get the flip but we'll get information and since there's not a counter in play, my guess is a Stan lynch will get the votes regardless. But I want CM to answer.

my best guess is that a scum team that includes CM lost a member since the last update, and hope that having me lynched in a cop check will make everyone think that the upcoming '1 dead anti-town' can only be me, and not whoever we already got.

my best guess is that a scum team that includes CM lost a member since the last update, and hope that having me lynched in a cop check will make everyone think that the upcoming '1 dead anti-town' can only be me, and not whoever we already got.
I mean, that could only be corn burrito. But that's a risky as fuck scum play. Very open to counterclaim and if they were countered they would be looking at just one scum left going into d5 with a neutral on the loose that could still burn them.

D5:
7 players left (4t, 1maf, 1neu)

That looks fucking terrible for scum. Shit strategy if so. This is assuming neutral ignites n3.

I don't buy it.

I mean, that could only be corn burrito. But that's a risky as fuck scum play. Very open to counterclaim and if they were countered they would be looking at just one scum left going into d5 with a neutral on the loose that could still burn them.

D5:

That looks fucking terrible for scum. Shit strategy if so. This is assuming neutral ignites n3.

I don't buy it.

It WOULD be risky. And Stan is a strange one to manufacture a fake cop check on. CM did vote him d2, which was a different vote from his d1. But the cageyness does not stick well with me. Gambit of some sort is not outside of possibility, but would scum take the risk without chat?

The investigation is ongoing. In the meantime, I'm open to discussing how we lynch on Day 4 and Day 5.
You're going to drag this out then? Assume you want to see which people are going to throw shade at your green check?

Keep in mind that there is a godfather in the mix. I'd personally rather just get the green check and turbo.

Pearls of wisdom from the late bear.

As a note, the 100% open setup is going to change the meta of the game more. Don't expect scum or neutral to do fake PR claims, unless they are sure they are going to be lynched, and just try to fish for a town counterclaim in a suicide move.

So as a scum member already 1 man down, the idea is to double down on a ridiculous PR claim, based on the probability that the cop is already dead from the 4 dead players we have?

Going over last night's votes how can anyone say with confidence we hit scum? 5 different players were practically equal in votes.

Going over last night's votes how can anyone say with confidence we hit scum? 5 different players were practically equal in votes.

Without a flip, no one can say it with confidence regardless. But I can't say with confidence that you're moving pro-town here, either. We need info.

Consider: it'd be great if we had a doctor who could protect you, but we might be out a doctor; then we turbo and you die before we get anything else out of you, true or not. Not great. Gives us a few things to go on but not much. And from the pressure I've seen on red checks before, I'm surprised that only FEP and I seem to be asking for anything at all.

Pearls of wisdom from the late bear.

late bear?
no no, burb died night 1, he couldn't be the dead scum.

D5:

I don't buy it.

there is the tiniest chance that it was LoC, like if scums kill was blocked and the arsonist lit up LoC.

tiniest.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

StanleyPalmtree (4) 3 more votes to majority
Christina Mackenzie 904
flatearthpandas 906
Verelios 924
kitsunelaine 968

nin1000 (1)
kitsunelaine 956 968
StanleyPalmtree 972

rac (0): hey_monkey 880 912

No active vote for Day 3: hey_monkey (has previously voted), isaacnukem, Muffin1611, nin1000, oreomunsta, rac, Sawneeks, Trigger

Day 3 Postcount: Christina Mackenzie 10, flatearthpandas 10, hey_monkey 31, isaacnukem 0, kitsunelaine 6, Muffin1611 11, nin1000 3, oreomunsta 0, rac 13, Sawneeks 8, StanleyPalmtree 7, Trigger 0, Verelios 13

Day 3 ends:
bla_1505761200.png

Automated vote tally here

7 votes for majority

Trigger

CM is lying. He's not the cop. I am, which is why I fought so hard to stay alive Day 1 and keep from being a low post/policy lynch. I'm not sure where's he's going with this. I just hope the doctor is alive to protect me tonight. This Gambit is an attempt at outing me.

CM is lying. He's not the cop. I am, which is why I fought so hard to stay alive Day 1 and keep from being a low post/policy lynch. I'm not sure where's he's going with this. I just hope the doctor is alive to protect me tonight. This Gambit is an attempt at outing me.

holy gawd damn thank you for still being alive

Well let's see if CM ever wants to claim his other check.

In the meantime, I'm curious about leaving them both alive. Keep getting cop checks from both. Mafia can't nk the real cop without exposing the fake and in the meantime we get more checks. Of course the neutral can fuck everything up but we're now in a position where we do have a fake claim for some reason. If Corn was scum, it will mess with our info if we get the wrong one.

I'm less likely to believe the counter to be honest. If Stan is scum this is a chance for a scum buddy to run in and spread confusion. If CM is scum, why do this? Really worth a scum to draw out the cop?

I found it pretty easy to believe Stan was scum but then CM has been so shady about the info he's given. Not sure where I'd rather lynch tbh.

Trigger

I was trying to survive long enough to have some more useful information. However I can't exactly allow CM to mislead town, even if I don't trust Stanley 💯

Verelios

Oh damn, what the hell?

Unvote

Now I guess we wait for CM to come back.

Trigger, why Hey Monkey and Verelios?

Why not Stan?
You two were both voting for each other d1.

We know the top two trains were both town so scum had plenty of time to be doing stupid shit like voting each other.

Top Bottom