• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF NCAA Football 2005 Tournament I: A prelude to Victory (Xbox only! signup now!)

hgplayer1 said:
ugh you cant manually type in gamertags to add to friends list from the Live interface in game. sucks! hard enough to get logged in.

I accepted your invite. After my 1st game with some guy, I got kicked and couldn't reconnect. Damn, it was fun to!

hgplayer1

ive yet to play a game online. I even went into the main lobbies and sent a few challenges but they never went through. maybe its a router issue? might try direct connect out of desparation.

why is it always so hard to get football games to work properly online? they arent that complex!

hgplayer1

the thing I hate is this reminds me soooooo much of the issues we had last year with ESPN 2k4 on PS2. good games ruined by sucky ass servers

I don't think its a router issue. Its just they haven't made the servers stable. I got kicked off after my first game. I'm going to sign on again in 10 minutes (10:35) if you want to try and hook up.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok finally got to play online,it seems to be working nicely now :)

Good stuff - I had some lag,nothing major.Being able to hear my opponents voice through the tv even though I still dont have a mic,is weird but cool,lol.The interface and scouting report stuff is pretty damn cool and so is the ticker on the bottom.

Bad stuff - I scored a whooping 3 points in 2 games and playing in VT was a nightmare with its home crowd advantage shit :( I played the same guy twice,first game he beat me 14-0 in htown and I thought I did decent for my first game,atleast on D.Then we played in VT and he whooped me 40 something to 3...I couldnt do jack shit with my screen shaking,but the truth is HOLY SHIT DO I SUCK.

My xbox live name is matrixadw,so just send a friend request or whatever and you can have your way with me and my shitty Cougars.

I think I'm going to drop out of this tourny. ESPN 2K5 sounds too fucking good, and I have to buy an Xbox on the 20th with it... I'm poor with tuition and all. So I'll probably just get Madden later on when I have some more money available.

hgplayer1

seems to be way easier to log in now. had to agree to the terms and conditions again. my friends list still doesnt come up all the time in EA messenger and I tried to change some settings and save while signed in and it kinda hung up so I had to turn it off and back on. Im sure Ill be playing tonight.

TOURNAMENT INFO!!!

----------

1. The tournament stars IN 48 HOURS! PLEASE SIGN IN ASAP!
2. Time between rounds is: 24 hours
3. We are using "unique" teams, so no duplicate teams. Pick the team you signed up for!
4. I decided to make it a 16-man tournament, so first come first serve
5. tournament info below:

Tournament name: Gaf 1
Tournament password: Kbar

i tried searching for it myself, but it doesn't come up (yet). maybe it takes a few mins or maybe i can't search because im in the tourney already? i dont know, but sign in if you can

I seen no one else but DM and Matrix played online...where r the rest of u guys. Maybe because I don't have some of you guys on my friends list yet.

Taking care of that now. :D

Just finished playing this on guy who had PSU....was 7-7 in middle of the 3rd when I sacked his QB for a 4th straight 3 and out and he quits on me.

THE NURVE!!!

btw....DM 17 - Matrix 17 4th qtr.....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cmdr. Solrak said:
IT"S OVER!!!!

27-17 F

MATRIX!!!!!! :D

HAHA I love your play by play :D

Fifty, NCAA to me is "so so" playing offline but very fun online. If the servers get stable, you might want to check it out. But, with ESPN coming out I can understand if you pass. Still, I enjoy NCAA online more then last years ESPN. But, ESPN is supposed to be much better this year, so who knows how NCAA will stack up to it.

hgplayer1

its always lovely when the game locks up to that soothing buzzing noise. i think its only happened to me twice. both times on a football game while playing online. wtf?

Matrix

Ughhhh being booted from a game even when you're getting beat....sucks much ass.

Matrix

That sucks so much,sorry dude :(

Matrix

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Good news, seems the site is working fine too as I was able to link my gamertag to my EA account. Finally I can beat the hell out of FMT on NCAA like I have always done on Madden.

Fifty

I got the game! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in, babies!

Sweet sweet glory. UCLA will rise again!

Can anyone play now?!

Post your gamertag if you can,

Matrix

Fifty,I can play at like 3 pm eastern time if you want.

If you cant send me a friend request anyway...matrixadw

Fifty said:
I got the game! !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in, babies!

Sweet sweet glory. UCLA will rise again!

Can anyone play now?!

Post your gamertag if you can,

Lets rock homeboy. tag: biffhardbody

I don't have my mic (really), but I'll do a quick check for it.

Signing on now, I'' be waiting for you. You challenge me, take HFA (You'll need it sucka!).

Fifty

I added both of you to my list! I'm going to look for biff now...just logged off. (no router)

I'm going back on, and hopefully I can play my MVP pal, Matrix, afterwards :)

hgplayer1

I just played matrix in an OT drill game and it was pretty fun but I still have a couple complaints about the way EA is working with Live.

my friends list is still taking a while to come up. when i first booted up today it took a little while but it came up. i sent a challenege to matrix and we were in the team select but i wanted him to be home so we backed out. friends list was empty again but it came back after a minute or two. everything worked fine we got in a game and played and i got back to the main online screen without being disconnected. but now all the settings that I changed and saved in My NCAA before have all been set back to default.

though my friends list is coming up it sucks that it takes at least a good two minutes to come up. all the settings changes take a good minute at least to save. logging in and getting into a game seem to work fine now its mainly the friends list and settings that arent working like they should.

hopefully another day or so of tweaking will get everything working right.

Fifty

We need a "NCAA General Discussion" thread!

Man oh man. I just played a game with DM "I don't use a mic because I'm a giant pussy" czaf. I'll just tell you this: It was awful. I tried to fair catch a ball....I got a safety. It got worse. I'm sure he'll be in here for some giggles in a bit :( Dammit, UCLA, you suck!!!

Maverick

Goddamnit. I can't log in to the EA servers. I go to sign on and it keeps giving me the same "database error" message. Anyone know what the deal is?

This is bumming me out, man.

Matrix

Man Its really hard to win with the Cougars :( I'm on a 3 game losing streak.

Top Bottom