• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Ruff

Episode Gladio question: how the hell
can you beat Cor?
I mean, my counter is not consistent enough and I often got wrecked in some seconds, even when I manage to successfully counter, 98% of the time he dodges my attack. One potion and one phoenix down, even the full special moves does nothing since he dodges ALL attacks.
Plus, how can I do 1 million points in the score attack? My best was 560k on my first run.

Tactic that ended up working for me is not be aggressive and bait out his attacks, only throw in 1-2 hits when he is stuck in long animations. Try and counter every move he does that follows a blue glow around him and block/avoid the rest. Do that right and you will stun him for a few hits. His long wind up (glows blue too) gap closer attack where he immediately follows with a red attack is the best one to counter as he seems to stun long enough for 4 good hits. Once you've built up maelstrom, get him vulnerable again to make sure he won't dodge and activate it, going into duel wield art and finally make sure you don't fail the QTE parry after. Repeat if needed and just keep your distance when he phases into red mode since you can't block anything he does without taking damage.

Slaythe

No but...

The only reason the jumping was so bad, is because in the JP version, confirm is O.

They added the buffer on O near items to make sure people don't attack randomly when trying to pick things up. (and why O doesn't attack in towns etc..)

The localization team went on their butchering spree (hello Kingdom Hearts) and didn't know about this.

But I'd say they corrected this because as I said, it happened only once while it would happen basically every single time for me before.

So, in a somewhat non-surprising reveal, you can't actually access the Episode Gladiolus dungeon as Noctis and Co. You can get to where it is on the map (Scotham Clough, west of the Taelpar Rest Area in Duscae), but I did get a Moon Pendant and some Coeurl corpses for my troubles.

As for the rewards, well, I've only got the one so far, still got other things to do. I'll spoiler it, if anyone's curious, seeing as I've not seen it elsewhere in the topic..

Greatsword: Genji Blade
Attack: 426
HP +357
"A young man dueled with the Blademaster and suffered defeat. This was jis katana. Forged in a foreign lang, this glaive ends a flurry of attacks with a deadly coup de grace."

Episode Gladiolus' final boss is trash.

Done about 7 attempts and for at least 5 of them he only does unblockable attacks. I can't build rage or deal decent damage to him. His attacks seem random, on the rare attempts I did well it's because he only used unblockables when I'd gotten to 3-4x Rage so it was fine. On top of that the game has no form of a checkpoint system so I have to make the trek all the way back from camp to give it another shot. Wish I knew how cheap it was going to be so I could save my items.

Gonna give it a shot on Easy, ugh.

SoulUnison

Banned
Um... How do you access Episode Gladiolus?
Is this out on the West Coast yet?

I own the Season Pass, I'm updated, I restarted the game, but I only get the option for Ch13V2.
Selecting "Downloadable Content" gets me "This content cannot be accessed at this time."

Um... How do you access Episode Gladiolus?
Is this out on the West Coast yet?

I own the Season Pass, I'm updated, I restarted the game, but I only get the option for Ch13V2.
Selecting "Downloadable Content" gets me "This content cannot be accessed at this time."

You have to grab it on the PS Store. I got it via web browser.

Toth

So, in a somewhat non-surprising reveal, you can't actually access the Episode Gladiolus dungeon as Noctis and Co. You can get to where it is on the map (Scotham Clough, west of the Taelpar Rest Area in Duscae), but I did get a Moon Pendant and some Coeurl corpses for my troubles.

As for the rewards, well, I've only got the one so far, still got other things to do. I'll spoiler it, if anyone's curious, seeing as I've not seen it elsewhere in the topic..

So this confirms those recent rumors were completely fake.

DNAbro

Episode Gladio was okay. The focus on countering and actually timing dodges was nice. Story was pretty lackluster though. Seriously short though. I guess there is more content if you do the other stuff but I was hoping for way more in the core story.

Edit: ohhh okay secret boss
Cor, god damn this is difficult. In a game that has zero bosses that are about learning the in and outs of every move, this feels totally different. Only have gotten him down to like 2/3 of his health. Figuring out when it's okay to attack and when to dodge rather than block is pretty cool.

Just finished the final trial. Literally the most challenging thing in FFXV. Not going to spoiler my tips since there's no real spoiler there, but if you don't want to read the strategy, skip my post.

I found it useful to stay at a distance. He'll stand still and then rush at you and it's not too hard to learn how to counter. Every time you counter that move, he'll go into vulnerable state and you can get a full four hit combo off. At half health he'll start going into unblockable red state pretty often. He'll outright murder you in seconds in that mode, but you can bypass almost all his attacks if you just double tap square to keep rolling away from him. Don't forget that using a potion or phoenix down buys you a few seconds of invulnerability if you're desperate.

Keep counter-blocking his knife throws and that rush attack and you'll build up enough rage to get a 3-4x damage multiplier and really put the hurt on him. Use your full tech bar at 3x damage when he's vulnerable and you'll get rid of like half his health (don't forget to hit triangle for the extra attack).

The fight is pretty intense, but not too bad when you learn those tricks. I really love how Gladio plays in this DLC.

Ourobolus

Banned

BlondeTuna

I finally started playing this game. Here are some quick pros and cons of my experience; currently on chapter 4:

+ Love the open world
+ Driving around with the guys, hearing their banter, and stopping at the rest stops really does feel like a mini road trip
+ Combat, after I stopped mashing attack and started experimenting with the controls, movement, and techniques

- Story. So far at Chapter 4 it isn't awful, but it also isn't interesting. Hope some things get explained more about the world (why the hell can Noctis warp??)
- Press X to pick up. I've fucking jumped in place so many goddamn times.
- Side quests. Go here, pick up trivial item, return, repeat.
-
Magitek Soldier
encounters. I'm hoping these
air drops
stop soon, because it's getting old.

kaitain19

I've only reached chapter 14 since I'm a slow player and I don't want to fight the final boss without getting all the royal weapons first, and currently there are only two left for me to collect. I assume there are royal weapons hidden deep inside
Daurell Cavern and Costlemark Tower?

Falk

that puzzling face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxeYt5frQWI

mqAcJGN.png

2l5ZzLi.jpg

These guys are amazing.

edit: Spoiler warning. Sorta.

Branson

I finally started playing this game. Here are some quick pros and cons of my experience; currently on chapter 4:

+ Love the open world
+ Driving around with the guys, hearing their banter, and stopping at the rest stops really does feel like a mini road trip
+ Combat, after I stopped mashing attack and started experimenting with the controls, movement, and techniques

- Story. So far at Chapter 4 it isn't awful, but it also isn't interesting. Hope some things get explained more about the world (why the hell can Noctis warp??)
- Press X to pick up. I've fucking jumped in place so many goddamn times.
- Side quests. Go here, pick up trivial item, return, repeat.
-
Magitek Soldier
encounters. I'm hoping these
air drops
stop soon, because it's getting old.

Did you watch the anime/movie before playing?

edgefusion

Just downloaded Episode Gladiolus....I cannot get over his walking and running animations. :s He's like a giant robot with too long legs.

His whole entire upper body is incredibly hot though.

sam777

Just finished the game. Being my first FF game I enjoyed it quite a bit, deciding whether to go for the platinum now.

I also liked the way they did the final credits

Ruff

23ndrt2.jpg

tfpUeow.jpg

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FFXVJP/status/847992699101650944[/tweet]

The fking Armiger LMAO. Finally the GOAT DLC

Lnds500

I really enjoyed it, and it is meant to be made easier and faster now I believe.

So....

I got to the point
where the train car falls and you are alone. The game asks if you wanna follow Ignis and Gladio (Easy) or Noctis (Normal)
. I chose Noctis and it said Verse 2 is now available. I am in the original path now, right?

sackninja

So....

I got to the point
where the train car falls and you are alone. The game asks if you wanna follow Ignis and Gladio (Easy) or Noctis (Normal)
. I chose Noctis and it said Verse 2 is now available. I am in the original path now, right?

Yeah, you will be able to play verse 2 later from extra content in the main menu.

Top Bottom