• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive EVE online battle, 10 hours, 2000 players, 57 dead titans.

pulsemyne

I don't even understand what I'm looking at. Half the battle seems to be frozen in the background, lasers and all.
The big beams you see are the titans Doomsday weapon being fired. They dish out massive amounts of damage. The reason most of the ships look like they aren't moving is because titans are very slow and because most of the other capital ships on the field are using siege or triage modules to either attack or help repair. The use of such modules mean you cannot move.
The bubble looking things you see are called interdiction bubbles or warp disruption bubbles. They are there to trap the ships in the system and prevent them leaving. If you look closely at the video them you see a large number of titans covered in bubbles and another block of them not covered in bubbles. My side bubbled the enemy titans so they couldn't leave, ours though could escape (providing they weren't also trapped in the bubbles, some of them were). One guy got his titan out at 15 percent structure.

Subitai

http://www.merzo.net/

Also, not exactly to scale, but gives quick idea.
size_comparison___science_fiction_spaceships_by_dirkloechel-d6lfgdf.jpg

http://dirkloechel.deviantart.com/art/Size-Comparison-Science-Fiction-spaceships-398790051

CCP has some hilarious timing sometimes. Literally the day after the giant battle they released a patch updating capital ship wrecks. So now we get stunning new wreckage art like this:

Wreck_New_03.jpg

Wreck_New_10.jpg

Thankfully CCP is adding a memorial in game to the Titan Graveyard.

Titanomachy.png

There is more info about the art updates in their new blog entry!

dorkimoe

i have never played, nor even have a remote clue about understanding how this game is played. But i would love to hear a mumble/ventrilo recording of this going down

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
So, has it ended by now? Or are people still murdering each other?

Love reading about this.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CCP has posted a blog with final counts
http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-bloodbath-of-b-r5rb/

75 Titans, 13 Supercarriers, 370 Dreadnaughts, 123 carriers, 11 trillion isk.

I've only played the game for a week or 2 a few years ago, don't know much about anything except the occasional articles about espionage or these giant wars, but...

75 Titans sounds outrageously high, when I remember for the longest time, that it took forever to be able to kill Titans.

eot

Banned
is it possible that a new power can rise from this? ould CCP interfere if one faction controlled nearly all space?

CCP wouldn't intervene, however they might make some balance or game design changes to prevent stagnation.

As for the current war, the alliance that got all their assets trapped (Pandemic Legion) just cut a deal with CFC to get access to their members' stuff in exchange for pulling out of the war.

pulsemyne

CCP wouldn't intervene, however they might make some balance or game design changes to prevent stagnation.

As for the current war, the alliance that got all their assets trapped (Pandemic Legion) just cut a deal with CFC to get access to their members' stuff in exchange for pulling out of the war.
Yeah the PL deal basically means they have just thrown their best friends in N3 under the bus and slammed on the accelerator. Got to love eve politics.

Mindlog

Just caught up on the blog and that little bit. Funny stuff. Just out of curiosity a tally of all the assets that would have been locked up would be interesting.

Just caught up on the blog and that little bit. Funny stuff. Just out of curiosity a tally of all the assets that would have been locked up would be interesting.

If you think this is about the titans and not about the fact that some PL members had every fucking thing they'd ever owned in game trapped in that station then you are legitimately the retard that I've been calling you.

This is a quote from Grath Telkin, CEO of Sniggerdly, one of the main corporations in PL.

Be gracious about it, fuck's sakes. If we do a handshake deal and let their stuff out, it's a sight better than dealing with an enemy who never keeps his word. Happy to make deals with PL as they've stuck to their word (with minor hiccups on both sides) for 2+ years now.

The Mittani explained why he went for the deal to let PL evacuate.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Just heard an interview on NPR's Marketplace Morning Report with the leader of the winning coalition. Always crazy to have mainstream media talking about this

Edit: ^^ actually the interview was with the Mattani

I could never put in the time and effort to get into Eve, but it's one of those games I do like to read about from time to time... It's like real life politics, but it's okay to watch the train wreck and not feel bad about it.

Top Bottom