• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Yeah, I'm tired of coastline. They do seem to be pushing it more than other maps.

Thanks to H2O and crew I'm finally a platinum rank for the first time.

Hopefully I can move up the ranks now.

Yeah, really good matches. I honestly think the chatting helped, we were dominating games whilst talking about Zelda, Horizon etc. haha

No, in fact we got absolutely decimated in the first two games: two 1-4s in a row.

Then we went 4 or 5 Ranked Wins to 1 loss.

Clearly my Zelda talk just inspires others to do well. While I sit at that tactical 0 kills reaping in the rewards.

Getting on now if anyone is around.

I'm bummed I missed out today. I got stuck helping the wife reorganize furniture which took way longer than I anticipated. I was really hoping to make a solid push towards plat.

Ah well, leave it for another session another day.

Ugh, it's not that I don't like the game, I still think it's the best shooter around. But I'm definitely taking a week off after that (possibly a break until the next Operator/Bug onslaught).

I shouldn't have to feel like my damage is randomized when I shoot someone in the head from behind and they can whip round (sometimes with KB+M) and snipe me between the eyes. Then to add insult to injury, you see in the killcam, blood spurt out their head or the head kicks back. All because Ubisoft can't get servers in South America or the Middle East or sort out Ping and actually kick people who have ridiculous pings. Or be playing in Gold II/I and come up against a team who are clearly Diamond Smurfs.

Playing with GAF is the best part about the game but if Ubisoft just continue to show negligence towards the game's network-based issues then it's going to continually feel more trouble than it's worth.

Disgraced

giphy.gif

For those on PC, what's the deal with the in game mouse sensitivity? I set my mouse to 400 DPI, I'm a low DPI player on all FPS. The default sensitivity in siege (50) seems much higher than 400 DPI. Anyone know what would equate to un-altered sensitivity in game? Something around 30 feels right, but still a bit off compared to other games.

OG Kush

Haven't got a link, but the released some new info about the upcoming season and patch... they've changed hitboxes so extra stuff on the head like earmuffs, helmets etc don't count. You have to actually hit an area of the 'human head'. Will help Blitz and a few other operators.

andycapps

For those on PC, what's the deal with the in game mouse sensitivity? I set my mouse to 400 DPI, I'm a low DPI player on all FPS. The default sensitivity in siege (50) seems much higher than 400 DPI. Anyone know what would equate to un-altered sensitivity in game? Something around 30 feels right, but still a bit off compared to other games.
I'll have to check next time I play and post back here. Fair warning, most of the PC players don't post here, they're chatting on the Discord server rather than post here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yc3wyuCiQNs

The important thing here is the MouseSensitivityMultiplierUnit. The default is crazy high. Kix is confused a little as to the exact purpose of the number he uses, it's a number someone came up with to normalize sensitivity settings with Battlefield I believe. Anyway setting it that way made it easier for me to get a sensitivity I liked, just because with my relatively high sensitivity the default setting wasn't granular enough.

Keihart

I've finally gotten around to play this regularly with friends, it was damn hard to gather 5 but we are finally there and it's so damn fun. This game has so much legs if they keep supportiing it as they are.

The "OH SHIT" moments haven't stopped happening yet and i've been playing since the last beta before release, never expected to be playing this that much.

Auctopus

Seems like a surprisingly non-deadly weapon for an Operator. If people are willing to move through barbed (and sometimes electrified) wire, I'm not really sure what caltrops could do.

Edit: Oh, they might throw them at enemies, I was thinking of laying them down.

Auctopus

What if dazzler has like 10 flashbangs

Someone on the sub-reddit suggested an operator who could leave Flashbang "traps". Similar to Kapkan but when they are set off, multiple flashbangs are activated. If the Operator's name is Dazzler, that does suggest something bright/blinding - perhaps it's a defensive Blitz sort of thing.

I'll happily take a new Operator that isn't about directly killing/hunting someone.

Yeah, I like the idea of a flashbang "trap" operator. Been thinking about that one for a little while now. As a defender, seems like it would be a killer combo with Mira. Trap the room, trigger it to flash attackers, bust open Mira window, blapblapblap. Of course, no defender has had flashbangs before, so it may not be likely.

If an Op is named Caltrop, it seems obvious what the ability would be but curious about their take on it. Maybe they "stick" in your feet and slow you down for X number of steps? That seems very limited though.

Caltrops could be useful, situationally, even if they had just basic advantages over barbed wire.

Something like requiring more melee hits to destroy plus damaging any attacking operator that walked over them as well as on each melee hit when they are attempting to destroy them.

Would basically require a trade-off in utility to more safely clear the caltrops vs. barbed wire.

KodaRuss

I think it is going to be pretty tough for them to top Mira and Jackal. Best two new operators since Blackbeard and Valkyrie imo.

Loved how they both changed the game a bit and added another element to the meta.

Stolen from Reddit. This is hilarious...

zxghewwc8zpy.gif

I think it is going to be pretty tough for them to top Mira and Jackal. Best two new operators since Blackbeard and Valkyrie imo.

Loved how they both changed the game a bit and added another element to the meta.

Stolen from Reddit. This is hilarious...

zxghewwc8zpy.gif

That's the most savage thing I ever saw.

KodaRuss

Can't even begin to get hyped for a new season after this one being such a mess.

It hasnt been too bad compared to other seasons?

I mean we had much bigger bugs to deal with in the past that were borderline game breaking. However, still depressing with all of these bugs popping up over a year later.

Auctopus

Can't even begin to get hyped for a new season after this one being such a mess.

Same. Whilst I'm always excited for new operators and maps, the first 2-3 weeks of this season were a nightmare. We're still dealing with stuff like certain weapon's ACOGs not lining up properly and it sometimes being near impossible to headshot Ash.

CrayToes

It hasnt been too bad compared to other seasons?

I mean we had much bigger bugs to deal with in the past that were borderline game breaking. However, still depressing with all of these bugs popping up over a year later.

I can deal with bugs. I can't deal with awful netcode, shoddy matchmaking and a deplorable community.

Same. Whilst I'm always excited for new operators and maps, the first 2-3 weeks of this season were a nightmare. We're still dealing with stuff like certain weapon's ACOGs not lining up properly and it sometimes being near impossible to headshot Ash.

Agreed. You around this evening?

Erban1

If I am an old SOCOM fan but find COD SnD lackluster will I like this game?

It'll probably scratch that itch, but its different. You're probably a bit more fragile than in SOCOM and have to contend with all the possibilities that comes with destructible environments but if you're looking for an intense, one life per round experience this is it bruh.

Just be prepared to deal with some occasional technical issues and terrible teammates in public matchmaking (at least on ps4), but the game is still probably the best multiplayer shooter this gen.

KodaRuss

I am tired of playing with randoms. Anyone want to play tonight on PSN? I am still a little rusty.

Friend me or send me a message, ill be playing this or Persona 5 all night tonight starting in a couple hours.

PSN: Longhornbevo

Top Bottom