• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

That's Space Knight Venom, not Agent Venom...but I guess the real Agent Venom will end up being a Uniform.

At this point I'm ready for that Spider-Carnage, original Agent Venom, and Toxin (or Anti-Venom) uniform update. Gimme dem symbiotes!

I wish there was a native t2. I have 8k bam, 3 k norns, and almost 100m gold I want to spend.

I'm actually glad there isn't one. It'll let me catch up on the lesser BOs I haven't bothered with yet. Then again, I'm sure they'll drop another 8800 native T2 on us the week after I'm drained on bios.

I might wait a couple weeks to see if they do end up releasing a "part 2" GotG2 update with the rest of the characters in the movie and possibly a native T2 alongside them.

Early info-mining is looking super disappointing. Gamora isn't getting any new skills (HOW do you mess this up NM? Where's the cannon?), and Star-lord and Rocket have minimal skill changes. We've seen the Groot and Sharon changes already in the videos. The one nifty thing is that Sharon's 5th skill now seems to pierce either barriers or immunities.

Also of note, Agent Venom's T2 buffs his passive to double the stat gain and a 15% heal. Very nice for a character that already has invuln and shield.

I'm utterly loving Mantis's playstyle. I'll be using the tickets to instantly put her at 6* and my built up bios selectors to 20 her. T2 Ticket decision I'll wait on. Starlight Armor was an instant-buy and it's absolutely a blast to play with.

Baby Groot is really fun as well and appears to have a ton of iFrames. Certainly gonna get him. He should provide some much needed power for my Green roster. Glad I had him T2'd already.

Star-Lord and Rocket seem like ok improvements, but IDK if I'll get the outfits or not. I don't play either, and am unsure if I would just because of the outfits.

WTF @ zero changes for Gamora. Maybe she's getting a rework after the move hits?

For as much as they focused on the Guardians for this update, the stuff related to them are easily the most disappointing parts of it. It's actually killing my hype seeing how lackluster Star-Lord and Rocket's uniforms are in play, and the utterly baffling joke that is Gamora's. They didn't even attempt to do anything for her. I love the way she looks in the uniform, but I can't bring myself to buy that lack of effort.

On the flipside Baby Groot turned out better than I hoped. He's actually good enough that I'd recommend gearing him fully for offense and making him a legitimate part of teams. Also Agent Venom is a monster at T2, and may very well be right up there with Carnage in the Combat class.

Pejo

Man, what a bummer on the Star Lord costume. It was the only thing I was looking forward to from this update, but the bonus and especially the change to the move seem very meh.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I mean, at least we got a comic out of the update? And Mantis plays neat. And Agent Space Knight Venom is good, if not what was advertised.

The new UI bothers me, though. It's ugly.

My Captain America somehow got downgraded from 6/6/60 to 4/0/40.

All his gears and skills have been reset.
Yeah I got that too. Freaked out a bit at first but like someone else said, I restarted the app straight away and it was back to normal. Guess it's something to do with the tutorial that popped up.

Guardians themed anniversary stage will be up from 5/4-5/18. Don't miss a day.

1493358030997.jpg

Two year anniversary infographic:

I'm curious to see the payouts for Conquest mode, because so far it feels like an overengineered Pokémon Arena system. Nevermind that sooner or later we're going to face well coordinated alliances where everyone has a huge roster of strong characters, and plays assiduously.

But hey, we're giving that Japanese alliance a run for its money at least (time zones might help lol).

Also, I'm nitpicking but they could show you the usual team bonus screen, instead of relying on you to remember every synergy available.

After adding three T2's to my roster I somehow did worse in Shadowland this week and got stuck on 22.

SLhE4o7.png

You can't explain that.

Did you use all your villains too early? lol

I'd recommend setting specific teams for the last five floors and not using any of those characters beforehand. You want to guarantee they'll be there where you know you'll need them.

The Kree

Banned
I have Yellowjacket and Hela left, but they're not getting it done. I did that floor with Proxima the last couple of weeks, but I used her a few floors earlier this week for some reason.

How the hell does Alliance Conquest work? I select set characters and it says every character cannot be used to conquer this region? I have no idea what I'm doing.

So the Guardians special stage starting up later this week offers a chance at a T2 ticket with the tokens you earn like usual, but it looks like it'll also be a the only way to get the limited edition Guardians card. This is the first offered outside of Korea with three fixed stats. Assuming it can be earned without spending money, it will actually be a better investment for the long-term than the T2 ticket.

kqn9xxuhsiuy.png

MAX HP ↑,

ALL ATTACK ↑,

ATTACK SPEED ↑,

CRITICAL DAMAGE ↑, COOLDOWN DURATION ↓, CRITICAL RATE ↑, FIRE RESIST ↑, Activation Rate:5% chance when attacking: MOVEMENT SPEED ↑ 20% (15 Sec.),

ENERGY ATTACK ↑, ENERGY DEFENSE ↑, IGNORE DEFENSE, DODGE ↑, MIND RESIST ↑,

ALL DEFENSE ↑, PHYSICAL ATTACK ↑, PHYSICAL DEFENSE ↑, CROWD CONTROL TIME ↓, LIGHTNING RESIST ↑

I underlined the ideal stat rolls. Getting even two of these stats will make this card better than most of the stuff available from rifts.

Drayco21

I finally finished getting my Strange, and decided to test him out in WB. All his gears at 5, no iso set at all. He wrecked Black Dwarf without even struggling, in even less time than uniformed Sharon Rogers, and I don't even know what buttons I was pressing.

This fucking game :lol, holy shit

Several people already posting they got the Guardians card in just a few tries, and some already posting they dropped several thousand crystals without getting it. Crazy.

Oh man, I don't know if I want to take the risk!
I'll probably just go for the T2.
I mean it's not like I'm rolling with the big boys anyway where that card would really make a difference to my game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Looks like you have to apply every round for alliance conquest.

Yeah, I'm going for the ticket, too. I have one right now that's going to be used on Agent Venom. I'm not sure who I should T2 after that. I have Mantis, Jane, Luke Cage, Baby Groot, etc. I could use it on.

Sagatron

Neo Member
I going for the card, T2 tickets come around all the time (sitting on 2 now), limited cards do not. I tried yesterday to get it, but was unsuccessful, but I'll have a lot more chances in the next few days. Wish me luck!

The Kree

Banned
Shadowland teams that work for me every time:

Mordo, Kaecilius, Wong for early Blast Rumbles - I use Kaecilius' leadership for physical safety. I've tried using him and Mordo solo, but I've only been able to win with the both of them together. Wong is just there for the additional team bonus. I switch to Mordo and use a skill rotation of 2-5-2-4-2-3 - basically, I just keep returning to 2 between 5 and 4 as much as possible because it has the fastest cooldown. The match barely lasts a minute.

Lincoln, Daisy, Lash for any Blast Rumbles and Relays - Lincoln's leadership boosts his own damage significantly and all his skills keep everyone stunlocked. I open with his Protective Dome skill (3) and just do a random skill rotation from there until everyone is dead. Zero thought goes into it, that's how easy it is. I could probably save Daisy and Lash for another floor.

She-Hulk, Totally Awesome Hulk, Hulk for early Combat Relay - I only have She-Hulk and TAHulk fully built, so I just tag between them frequently with little thought put into their skill rotations. She-Hulk's damage leadership and their combined team bonuses are the winning factor here. I'm not using this team much anymore because her leadership is more valuable on later floors. This is an easy win.

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil for Combat Relays - I use Luke's leadership for safety and switch frequently between him and Fist. I try to make frequent use of Lukes 4th skill because it stuns enemies. Since I T2ed them both recently I've been saving them for later levels in the teens, but at T1 they're super effective on early floors. If I decide to buy Danny's new uniform I'm probably gonna break up this team.

Deathlok, Ms. Marvel, Lady Sif for early Combat Relays - This team is a little harder to win with, but still doable. Deathlok is only there for his damage leadership. I tag out frequently between Kamala and Sif, relying on Kamala's 2 and 5 skills for stunning enemies. I haven't landed on a skill rotation for either one yet.

Wiccan, Vision, Hulkling for Blast Relays - Wiccan is the leader and damage dealer here, with the other two just there for team bonuses. I use a skill rotation of 1-3-5-1-2-4. Wiccan is really fragile and easy to hit if I'm not perfect with with skills, so sometimes I'll die and have to finish the last enemy with Vision, who's only partially built. Still an easy team to win with overall though.

Ronan, Thor, Ghost Rider for early Universal Relays - Ronan's mostly here for his leadership, though I do switch frequently between all three characters. Ronan's 5 skill is good for herding enemies into corners when pressing at a diagonal.

Singularity, Jane Thor, Robbie Ghost Rider for early Universal Relays - Mostly the same deal as the above team, but a lot easier, with Singularity there for leadership. I use a skill rotation of 4-3-5-2-1 with her before tagging out. Jane and Robbie are both really great on their own, so when I eventually T2 them, this team is dead.

Shadowland solo characters from floors 1-20:

FLoki - I hate Loki, but there isn't anything he can't do. He's just a chore to play with.

Crystal - I love using her on later floors because her crowd control ability is insane. I team her with Gorgon and Karnak, but it's not even necessary. Skill rotation: 5-3-1-2-4.

Mantis - I soloed Iron Fist Boss on floor 13 this week (the one with the absurd dodge ability) without even trying - and it was my first time using her.

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) T2 - A guaranteed win on any floor that allows the use of a speed character. I like using her against the team of Lash, Nico, and Wiccan, rotating between skills 2-4-5.

Gwenpool T2 - Same as Kate Bishop. I like to team her with Squirrel Girl (in case she dies) and Modok (for the team bonus), but it's usually not necessary. Skill rotation: 5-3-2.

Captain Marvel T2 - She's literally unkillable. Just make sure to maximize her damage output because she's a little slow to win. Skill rotation: 4-5-3-2-1.

Black Panther T2 - I use him on early Combat Rumbles against Agent 13, Black Widow, Elsa, and Gamora. I just have to make sure I take out Agent 13 first because she's the most deadly. Skill rotation: 5-2-3-1-4.

Black Bolt T2 - I save him for later stages where applicable, like the fire relay (Angela/Ghost Rider/Red Hulk/Goblin). Skill rotation doesn't matter so long as I open with his 5th skill.

Wasp T2 - I save her for the Hulk Rumble. Bubble, buff, attack, attack, attack, repeat. Easy win so long as you don't slip outside the bubble. Team bonuses are helpful but not necessary.

Ancient One T2 - Also useful for the Hulk Rumble. Even at T1 it's an easy win so long as you keep his invincibility and healing going. Also good for the fire relay.

Elsa T2 - I save her for Loki Boss. Needs a Guard Break Immunity obelisk to protect her 5th skill from getting interrupted. Skill rotation: 5-1-3-4. Easy win.

Silk T2 - I use her for Rocket Boss. Rocket's healing skill makes this fight longer than it should be. I could team her with the other spider people, but it's not necessary. Sometimes I never get hit. Skill rotation: 1-3-5-4-2.

Moon Knight T2 - I save him for the Male Relay against Iron Patriot, Falcon Cap, and Captain America. This team does a stupid amount of damage, but luckily Moon Knight is self healing at T2. Skill rotation: 2-4-3-5.

Songbird T2 - I save her for the Female Relay. I use her 1 and 2 skills to keep them stunned and the 4th skill for burst damage between normal attack volleys. Slow and steady for the win.

White Tiger T2 - I save her for the Hawkeye Boss. Keeping her shield up and using her 1 and 5 skills to keep Hawkeye stunned is the key to winning.

Solo characters for floors 21-25:

Hulkbuster - The only use I can find for him in Shadowland is against Venom on floor 21. Apparently his uniform is key to keeping Venom stunned while being hit. I rotate between 1-2-3 until it's safe to use 5, then 4. Been teaming him with Iron Man and War Machine for the bonuses until he's at T2, but they don't do anything otherwise. If I still have She-Hulk available, I'll use her leadership here.

Proxima Midnight - I save her for the Villain Relay on floor 22. Her damage output is so absurd that all I have to do is make sure I make good use of her iFrames and keep moving so I don't get hit. I use Hela's damage leadership to speed things up, but it's not even necessary.

Doctor Strange - I save him for floor 23 against She-Hulk and Jessica Jones. I was originally using FLoki on this floor. Strange destroys, obviously.

Yellowjacket T2 - I use him on Floor 24 against Luke Cage. I don't have an attack ISO-8 set on him so this fight takes longer than it should, but it's still an easy win.

Sharon Rogers T2 - The Daredevil fight on floor 25 is annoying because he does that stupid roll move that cancels your active skill. I just wanna get it over with at this point and Sharon completely shreds in seconds.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
The mode is garbage. You're not missing anything.

I.. don't get this. The way the AI plays your troops at times is definitely garbage (not juggling I-Frames well, forgetting to use certain strong specials, avoiding off-screening / status effect attacks, etc), but the mode has made our alliance EXP bolt up quite handily. Even if only a few people on your alliance donate the coins obtained, they can make up for those who aren't participating in the mode. Getting more alliance medals and badges helps buy things like the daily alliance store bios and EXP boosters.

And once again, it's a mode that actually gives use to the whole roster, rather than just your 6*s and T2s.

Considering it's just one more thing to stack atop all the rewards one can get from alliance, world boss, invasion, battleworld, shadowlands, and other modes, I rather like it. It's something new that a F2P person can use to get once premium-only stuff at a more consistent rate, or for those with a lot of time on their hands to boost up the alliance-wide rewards for everyone.

I still have no idea what I'm doing in conquest.

There's just too much going on in the game at the moment, I can't keep up with all the different modes, events etc.
Anyone paying attention to the ranking event with Ronan and Nebula?

Thanks for the SL advice Kree!

The Kree

Banned
I.. don't get this. The way the AI plays your troops at times is definitely garbage (not juggling I-Frames well, forgetting to use certain strong specials, avoiding off-screening / status effect attacks, etc), but the mode has made our alliance EXP bolt up quite handily. Even if only a few people on your alliance donate the coins obtained, they can make up for those who aren't participating in the mode. Getting more alliance medals and badges helps buy things like the daily alliance store bios and EXP boosters.

And once again, it's a mode that actually gives use to the whole roster, rather than just your 6*s and T2s.

Considering it's just one more thing to stack atop all the rewards one can get from alliance, world boss, invasion, battleworld, shadowlands, and other modes, I rather like it. It's something new that a F2P person can use to get once premium-only stuff at a more consistent rate, or for those with a lot of time on their hands to boost up the alliance-wide rewards for everyone.

You have to make an appointment to use it and it's boring as shit. If filling bars is important there are less boring ways to do that.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You have to make an appointment to use it and it's boring as shit. If filling bars is important there are less boring ways to do that.

A guild leader Opts his group in. Not like every member needs to do so. Plus you have hours upon hours to be opt in. And even if YOU find it boring, the fact that others can play it and get you rewards (as those things apply to everyone) is a nice way to funnel more "free" items into the community. The only cost you pay for that is 3 or 4 button clicks. There's not even serious load time involved!

In a full guild, 1 or 2 guys can give all members who care to click a few menu buttons, a chance to get items they didn't do a thing to earn.

And there really aren't other ways to get bonus alliance EXP and Tokens like this mode gives. Alliance tokens don't drop anywhere else, and they're the only way to give more on a daily basis than the 1mil donations. Daily access to 24hr EXP boosters, 20 bio packs, and more, is nothing to scoff at.

This week has been the first since inception that my Alliance hasn't had an easy time staying relevant in the mode. The main guild we're up against is very active, and is crazy aggressive. While we're reclaiming 1 area, they're swooping in sneakily on the next, and using the group skills to deny our rights to even fight back, while we're using fire bombs and alliance wide stat-ups to bring down their teams full of 6 Tier 2's all stacked on single zones.

I don't think anything else in the game has made us try and coordinate tactics with alliance chat like this. While strong opponents somewhat punish you for not over-obsessing with the mode, the fact you still globally get something useful, even when losing, is nice. Basically, no matter what you do, it's all positive gain, and no real loss. It doesn't even cost energy or items to participate.

The mode definitely has, once again, added more value to my lower, weaker cast. Being a max level 4 or 5 star with decent upgrades is a bit more rewarding here, than it is in Shadowlands. Having a body that can tank a few hits, keeping a key enemy busy so that a strong character can finish them off without taking attack-stopping debuffs, can change the entire flow of a match. 1 Tier 2 and a team of 4 stars has a better chance than a tier 2 and some 1-stars.

Everything in this game can be pretty "boring" once you get tired of it. I've been burnt out on alliance battle and world bosses for weeks. But the amount of options that keep getting offered to let you earn stuff in different ways... is pretty nice. There's not many games, mobile or otherwise. that go as far as this one to find different ways to repackage and re-incentivize their gameplay. And the old stuff still remains. I'm constantly surprised they don't do like, say, Overwatch, and entirely remove special modes, to keep the ease of getting free stuff down.

While strong opponents somewhat punish you for not over-obsessing with the mode, the fact you still globally get something useful, even when losing, is nice. Basically, no matter what you do, it's all positive gain, and no real loss.

You actually don't get anything if you don't control a zone aside from the starting one. And the majority of the game is decided during the first attack phase, which many may not be ready to play in, or have to time to (as you need to set a crazy amount of teams). Don't do well there and it's an uphill battle the rest of the way, which most aren't going to find is worth the time.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
You actually don't get anything if you don't control a zone aside from the starting one. And the majority of the game is decided during the first attack phase, which many may not be ready to play in, or have to time to (as you need to set a crazy amount of teams). Don't do well there and it's an uphill battle the rest of the way, which most aren't going to find is worth the time.

Yeah, that first rush definitely seems the most important, right alongside having lots of active guild mates. But one or 2 players can usually get at least 1 zone for a group, and that's enough to earn something while you have that control.

I also like how it's not personally all-or-nothing when taking over an area. Guild mates can jump in and take over some of the required 10 spots, and damage and kills are actually updated between players (so I can throw my stragglers in to weaken an enemy, and then a mate can kill the last character I couldn't.)

It really reminds me of the Asynchronous wars in something like Grand Kingdom, or even Chromehounds. It's a weird mix of earning stuff while you're not even playing, and also demanding SOMEONE to put some time into it, in order to do well.

The A.I battles in Injustice 2 should offer something similar.

Servers down or something?

Yeah they finally acknowledged it with an official notice. Are you on Android?

Also, does anyone ever get this issue where when the game is "calling home" (like after clearing a mission and it's communicating with the server), it hangs for almost 30 seconds? When it happens during my special missions it pisses me off so much.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
FYI if you switch your language to both Korean and Japanese you can get 40 clear tickets each for free.

Top Bottom