• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azure Striker Gunvolt: Striker Pack (both games) coming to Switch, Aug 31st

radcliff

Seems a physical release for the west is being considered:

"We have a physical version confirmed for Japan," he says. "It's going digital for America. We're looking to work with different publishers to get a physical release for America and Europe, but at the moment nothing is set." However, Aizu confirms that the Striker Pack makes the most of Switch's lack of region-locking by including multiple language options: "If you buy the Japanese version, you can play it in English."

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/mighty-gunvolt-talk-to-inti-creates

radcliff

Yup, August will be a busy month for my Switch with this, Sonic Mania, and Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. Plus more Splatoon 2 and Ultra Street Fighter II.

RootCause

Seems a physical release for the west is being considered:

"We have a physical version confirmed for Japan," he says. "It's going digital for America. We're looking to work with different publishers to get a physical release for America and Europe, but at the moment nothing is set." However, Aizu confirms that the Striker Pack makes the most of Switch's lack of region-locking by including multiple language options: "If you buy the Japanese version, you can play it in English."

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/mighty-gunvolt-talk-to-inti-creates

Please get a physical English version :(
Sorry for the bump, but it looks like it's getting a physical release.
Amazon has listed a physical copy. :0

Coda

Sorry for the bump, but it looks like it's getting a physical release.
Amazon has listed a physical copy. :0

Nice! Release date says October 31st. I'm assuming that's just a mistake? I have the Japanese version pre-ordered through Amazon Japan. Wondering if I should cancel it or just keep it to be safe.

RootCause

Nice! Release date says October 31st. I'm assuming that's just a mistake? I have the Japanese version pre-ordered through Amazon Japan. Wondering if I should cancel it or just keep it to be safe.
No idea if it's a mistake. I'm on the same boat as you. Already have it preordered from Japan. Hopefully we get more news throughout the day. Need to cancel before I get charged.

Coda

No idea if it's a mistake. I'm on the same boat as you. Already have it preordered from Japan. Hopefully we get more news throughout the day. Need to cancel before I get charged.

Yeah if you hear anything about the US release let me know, I think I'm just gonna keep the Japan pre-order as Amazon Japan ships pretty fast and I don't think I want to risk it.

Protome

EU eshop's coming soon page has this listed now. 31/8/2017, so maybe the October date showing up around is just for physical release?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was so disappointed in ASG after the Zero games and MM 9. The fundamental game loop is flawed, it like MN9 just isn't fun to play how the creators wanted it to be played.

ZeroX03

Banned
Yeah just saw it's $40USD on the US eShop which is fucking bonkers considering the games are $15 on 3DS and Steam and the pack was $30 on 3DS. Switch tax really turns me off a game, never bought Cave Story because of it.

$40 digital is too high, but I'll be in for physical. $40 is a fair price for a boxed version. Looks like price isn't too big of a concertn though. Game shot to the top 10 on the eShop ranking.

Are they not good games? Not even worth 20 each?

They are good, but its hard to justify 20 each when they originally released at 15 each. They just ported the double pack from the 3DS over, which was 30$ there. All things considered, its a straight money grab, hence switch tax. I was going to be in, but the CAD price is $55, which is a pretty hard out for me. I expected $40 CAD ($30 USD), which is fairly reasonable considering the exchange. Oh well.

AetherZX

They are good, but its hard to justify 20 each when they originally released at 15 each. They just ported the double pack from the 3DS over, which was 30$ there. All things considered, its a straight money grab, hence switch tax. I was going to be in, but the CAD price is $55, which is a pretty hard out for me. I expected $40 CAD ($30 USD), which is fairly reasonable considering the exchange. Oh well.

Well, it's about $35 on the South Africa Eshop if that helps.

Yeah, I do think $40 for this on the eShop is pretty nuts. I can understand the retail version that's releasing at the end of October being $40, but not the digital version.

Hero

Agree that 40 for the digital release is greedy. Will wait until physical and get it with GCU discount.

me0wish

Do these games have the black bars on the side like Master Blaster Zero?

Nope, the game looks great on the Switch on both portable and docked, plays millions of times better than on the 3DS, just not worth the 40$ asking price.

I bought it with out looking at the price because I was sure it's 30$. Yeah, I'm stupid sometimes.

Top Bottom