• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Crash Bandicoot site is down, all references removed from activision website

JawzPause

excited.gif

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale must really hit it home for Sony how much Crash is affiliated with the Playstation brand. That was the catalyst.

if this buy out is true then I would agree with this

Sony was like "Uh Activision we would like to have Crash in PSABR"

Activision "Okay but you'd have to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$ money"

Sony "o_O..... :( ...... >:("

buyout

Dukey

Banned
Crash wasn't great because of Sony. It was great because of Naughty Dog. If it comes back to Sony, ND better be developing it. It's been long enough, time for a new Crash Team Racing.

BigDug13

I wonder if due to the popularity of the Super Mario 3DWorld franchise where they basically take a more 8 way digital player movement direction route instead of pure analog platforming to better simulate 2D platforming greatness in a 3D open space, I wonder if they'll make a similar style game with Crash?

Could Crash be outfitted with power-ups in some way to better diversify his move set? (I haven't played a Crash game since PS1, so maybe his move set has already been augmented with power-ups before...)

hitme

Wait a minute, which ND teams are doing Uncharted 4 and TLoU DLC?

I'm assuming whoever is doing the DLC is also doing the new Crash game.

kiguel182

Only played the first one on my cousins PS1, man I loved that game. So many memories.

Please let this mean what I think it means.

Couldn't it just be that they don't want to have the website up anymore since they have no plans for the series? It could just be a money savor thing

Garraboa

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give CRASH BANDICOOT PSONE GAMES FOR MY US VITA

Before they do anything else. PLEASE SONY GODDAMMIT IT'S BEEN MORE THAN ONE YEAR FINISH YOU PSX-VITA COMPATIBILITY FUCK FUCK FUCK.

Activision was literally the worst publisher Crash (and Spyro) could've landed on.

Bebpo

Banned
Does anyone really want a new crash game? The old ones were great, sure. But it's pretty much the kind of franchise that can't work today unless the gameplay is dumbed down and the art style is made terrible. Would score about as well as Knack.

However an HD edition of Crash 1-3 + Racing would be cool, sure.

Amir0x

Banned
Oh man if Sony bring back Crash Bandicoot and it's a real platformer and not a Knackformer I will swoon so hard :O

Bebpo said:
Does anyone really want a new crash game? The old ones were great, sure. But it's pretty much the kind of franchise that can't work today unless the gameplay is dumbed down and the art style is made terrible.

YES. And no, that's wrong. A Crash game designed today as well as the best Crash games would be great, full stop. Whether reviewers want to acknowledge is something I don't give a shit about.

Top Bottom