• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Was it only project scorpio edition xb1x up for pre-order or were regular ones up as well? I want a plain one.

Mostly Scorpio, but I thought I'd seen some regular editions via Gamestop. Not sure, can't check, Firewall at work blocking their site.

Amneisac

Anyone have any savvy ideas for how I could swing this:

I have a PS Project Scorpio Xbox One X preordered on GameStop.com with about $300 credit applied from a PUR card. I also have an Xbox One S I'd like to trade in for credit. Any way I can swing that? I didn't know if I waited until it came in and didn't open it and went to a store or something? Maybe I could kind of return and rebuy?

Called my local gamestop and they had pre orders up this morning for Scorpio editions (no bundle). Paid in full with my trade card from their previous mishap trade deal. Whoop, whoop. #it'shappening

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Seeing "PS Xbox One X" keeps tripping up my brain for a split second. PlayStation Xbox?

I know it stands for Project Scorpio

Daffy Duck

I have a PS Xbox X preordered on GameStop.com with about $300 credit applied from a PUR card. I also have an Xbox One S I'd like to trade in for credit. Any way I can swing that? I didn't know if I waited until it came in and didn't open it and went to a store or something? Maybe I could kind of return and rebuy?

Seeing "PS Xbox One X" keeps tripping up my brain for a split second. PlayStation Xbox?

I know it stands for Project Scorpio

Reading the above post I was like WTF is he on about?

Then the penny dropped lol

I keep looking at the pictures of the Scorpio edition console. I know it comes with a vertical stand. In addition to the green Scorpio logo on the system and controller, there is a subdued black to gray color gradient, right? Are those the only visual differences? I've read other people talk about a pattern or printed texture but if so I have not seen it from any of the pictures. Can someone clarify this and maybe link a good picture that shows this?

Crazy how my OG dinosaur PS4 got me more trade in credit than my shiny 1tb one s. Guess that comes with MS pretty much giving away x1's for free with how cheap the price is for what you get.

Theorry

I keep looking at the pictures of the Scorpio edition console. I know it comes with a vertical stand. In addition to the green Scorpio logo on the system and controller, there is a subdued black to gray color gradient, right? Are those the only visual differences? I've read other people talk about a pattern or printed texture but if so I have not seen it from any of the pictures. Can someone clarify this and maybe link a good picture that shows this?

Xbox-One-X-Project-Scorpio-Edition-3.jpg

Colbert

Banned

Watch this video, there a shots in there where you can see the texture and color. It is the unboxing video they showed on the stream yesterday.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne9vzevVdHc

And another unboxing video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_73U4M6bE

X-treme_Close_Up.jpg

Thank you. That dot pattern seems to disappear at a distance, or at least it does when you factor in JPG compression in the other pictures. It won't bother me. I just hope the system is quieter than my "S" is.

MS said its actually a little bit more noisy sometimes iirc.

It depends on the sound for me. I'm not as concerned about the sound of fans under load as long as it's a normal fan sound. My "S" fan makes that slight ticking noise the whole time it's on so that's what I'd like to avoid. If the overall volume gets too loud I'll just move it on the other side of the wall with my PS4 Pro and Gaming PC if I have to.

Colbert

Banned
Thank you. That dot pattern seems to disappear at a distance, or at least it does when you factor in JPG compression in the other pictures. It won't bother me. I just hope the system is quieter than my "S" is.

MS said its actually a little bit more noisy sometimes iirc.

MaulerX

Dominator

Was worried since I worked late today they GameStop stores would run out but I was able to snag a preorder. This store had an allotment of 20, and I know another store only got 15.

I would've pre-ordered already, but Game España have the exclusive rights for the Scorpio edition and are charging €20 for the reservation. I prefer to use Amazon or MS, so I'll wait for the standard edition to go live.

Given the form factor I am not surprised. No one should be really.

They've made good progress on that front i'd imagine. My Surface Pro 3 is super loud sometimes, it was notorious for heat throttling due to the form. My friend's 4 is a lot quieter (at least based on my limited time seeing it). Panos Panay had a hand in both and probably has it down to a science at this point.

Hopefully this goes back up for preorder on amazon since their stupid email alert never emailed me and I missed the preorder. Thanks Amazon.

Orcus

Walmart still has some, I just finished my preorder. I was checking the MS store and they have been out of stock most of the day, so i figured I would try Walmart since I don't have a BestBuy around me.

Ack, I just noticed Walmart has the estimated in store pickup date as the 10th, but the console launch is on the 7th!? Anyone know if that is normal for Walmart and if I'll be able to pick it up on the 7th, or do I need to start looking for a new preorder?

regs

Ack, I just noticed Walmart has the estimated in store pickup date as the 10th, but the console launch is on the 7th!? Anyone know if that is normal for Walmart and if I'll be able to pick it up on the 7th, or do I need to start looking for a new preorder?

Mine says in store pick up on the 13th, I guess I snooze I lose

Was going to preorder at my local GameStop, called them to confirm they still had them available and they did. I get there and they're gone... just my luck. Ah well, looks like I'll have to wait for the standard edition.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

I have a PS Project Scorpio Xbox One X preordered on GameStop.com with about $300 credit applied from a PUR card. I also have an Xbox One S I'd like to trade in for credit. Any way I can swing that? I didn't know if I waited until it came in and didn't open it and went to a store or something? Maybe I could kind of return and rebuy?

You can put the s towards the x.

TLZ

Banned
What does any of it matter. Even if you are the only person who buys a One X so what. As long as you are satisfied with your purchase who cares. Same mindset for anything entertainment. If it entertains me I could care less. about others.

Justifying the value of a purchase based one how many other people have it is nonsense. Do you.
Good post.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
So glad I was able to get a pre order for myself as well as my brother! The sad part is I had to sell my Xbox One S to get as much money for it as possible and will be without a console for 2 months!

Good thing I have a backlog on Wii U as well as cuphead and Forza 7 being Play Anywhere to keep me busy!

C4Lukins

That Jez thread should've been locked pages ago. It's really awful.

This place has gradually become a shit hole. And I am at around the ten year mark of being a member of this place.

And it is no longer fun.

You do not need to love what I love, but the mods need to moderate. This thread is like 50 pages with a ton of shit posting.

TLZ

Banned
I preordered two. Amazon and Microsoft. If there are no problems, and I receive both, the second is a gift. Mega hyped.

It's going to be really hard not to start Wolfenstein II while waiting for the X, but I have to wait. I can wait. It'll be easy. Easy.
I wish I could give gifts of that calibre :(

C4Lukins

I wonder how many of these will go through to completion.. Or if the people will back out/etc. I thought it was against ebay rules to do preorders more than 30 days in advance? I can't really remember.

I think that is bull shit.

I imagine that people with multiple accounts are buying in order to make a perceived market.

Within the next couple of weeks I imagine the non Scorpionversion will go on sale. And if those sell out super quickly then maybe a market for overpriced Xbox X could become a thing.

Top Bottom