Originally Posted by Darkpen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbT7lhl9kpU#t=3m46s

hurrrr

Oh my, it all makes sense now:

∀ Narayan
the carnival of stupid
(07-29-2009, 06:13 PM)

Originally Posted by gerg

I think it's quite clear that this project is so unashamedly epic that to put it on any of our filthy current-gen consoles would be a waste. In fact, the game's design is so gloriously mind-blowing that to even consider putting it on a PC would be a sin against the game's true worth. In fact, these designs are far too epic to be a game at all! Rather, they shall be screened onto sky scrapers from the sky in the highest of high-definitions! This will be no game nor movie, but an event. It shall last forty days and forty nights. People shall die! Angels will weep! It will be epic.

On the Wii.
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:14 PM)
[IMG]http://i27.************/wc0f10.jpg[/IMG]
This is going to be AWESOME.
Vinci
Danish
(07-29-2009, 06:16 PM)

Originally Posted by HUELEN10

[IMG]http://i27.************/wc0f10.jpg[/IMG]
This is going to be AWESOME.

That, or the most insane thing Disney has ever directly financed.
jrricky
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:20 PM)
OMG!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(07-29-2009, 06:21 PM)

Originally Posted by Vinci

That, or the most insane thing Disney has ever directly financed.

That would be Fantasia.
mjc
(07-29-2009, 06:27 PM)
So do we know if this has been cancelled or something?
DDayton
(more a nerd than a geek)
(07-29-2009, 06:29 PM)

Epic Mickey isn't overly dark, or at least I don't see it as dark, it is awesome, with a dash of grim on the side!

Whether or not this project is dark is up to you. Regardless, Disney has done dark in the past, and they can do it again. If this is dark, then I want this kind of dark!

Perhaps "dark" isn't quite the right term... but, well, that's only one concern... the other one is the weird mishmash of "styles" present. The game appears to be showing the aftermath in the real world, with remnants of smelly swapwater Disney theme parks.

All I'm saying is that I doubt the artwork, as we see it now, will directly reflect the game. I find it hard to believe we'll see a mixture of "broken down real world" mixed with animation.

If anything, this art seems to point more towards a "feeling" for the game than for any guaranteed game concepts.

We'll see, though... I suppose.
Vinci
Danish
(07-29-2009, 06:30 PM)

Originally Posted by HK-47

That would be Fantasia.

I don't know, man. Give this project time. We've only seen a bit of concept art.
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 06:31 PM)

Originally Posted by mjc

So do we know if this has been cancelled or something?

It's in development right now.
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(07-29-2009, 06:33 PM)

I don't know, man. Give this project time. We've only seen a bit of concept art.

Do you realize how risky Fantasia was? Howe out there it is? Certain parts are probably more abstract than anything Spector will come up with.

And I dont think it will have naked female spirits dancing in fires of hell around a massive satanic god figure.
Vinci
Danish
(07-29-2009, 06:34 PM)

Do you realize how risky Fantasia was? Howe out there it is? Certain parts are probably more abstract than anything Spector will come up with.

I get that, but it never felt as dark as this does. Perhaps my perspective on Fantasia is different from yours, but it never felt grim to me.
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:35 PM)

Originally Posted by DavidDayton

Perhaps "dark" isn't quite the right term... but, well, that's only one concern... the other one is the weird mishmash of "styles" present. The game appears to be showing the aftermath in the real world, with remnants of smelly swapwater Disney theme parks.

All I'm saying is that I doubt the artwork, as we see it now, will directly reflect the game. I find it hard to believe we'll see a mixture of "broken down real world" mixed with animation.

If anything, this art seems to point more towards a "feeling" for the game than for any guaranteed game concepts.

We'll see, though... I suppose.

You bring up a good point, art does not always reflect a finished product.
There was a time where this was Rosie
[IMG]http://i26.************/29pcfn8.png[/IMG]
& that was Werehog.
[IMG]http://i30.************/987m1f.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i28.************/2ptngqw.jpg[/IMG]
We will just have to wait and see. Personally though, I am rooting for the final product to look at least mostly like what we have seen so far.
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(07-29-2009, 06:38 PM)

I get that, but it never felt as dark as this does. Perhaps my perspective on Fantasia is different from yours, but it never felt grim to me.

Night on Bald Mountain? The T-Rex/Stegosaurus fight? The bubbling magma?
Wizpig
(07-29-2009, 06:42 PM)

Regardless, Disney has done dark in the past, and they can do it again. If this is dark, then I want this kind of dark!

Not with Mickey and Goofy like... those artworks.
I mean... damn.

"Darkest" [which obviously WASN'T "dark"] Mickey we had was this

and it's not as creepy as some of those artworks.

Sorry, it's just that i still don't know if i like what i've seen.
Artworks are awesome, but why Mickey and Goofy? it seems they are trying too hard to please people that want a mature version of everything.
puebla
(07-29-2009, 06:42 PM)
this looks so amazing. it'd be a shame if it's only for wii.
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(07-29-2009, 06:43 PM)

Originally Posted by tenritsu

Is that Oswald the rabbit?! Can they do that?
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:44 PM)

Originally Posted by SovanJedi

YAY ANOTHER OSWLAD FAN! Yes, that is Oswald, and yes they can!
[IMG]http://i28.************/o0v15d.jpg[/IMG]
Vinci
Danish
(07-29-2009, 06:46 PM)

Night on Bald Mountain? The T-Rex/Stegosaurus fight? The bubbling magma?

Okay, yes. You win. That said, this is still pretty damn creepy.
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 06:47 PM)

Okay, yes. You win. That said, this is still pretty damn creepy.

I like it :]
FoneBone
(07-29-2009, 06:48 PM)

Yeah, Disney bought the rights to the character a few years ago.
Viewtiful Joe
Banned

Originally Posted by puebla

this looks so amazing. it'd be a shame if it's only for wii.

Is also a shame when games like Bioshock or SFIV are released for every system except for the Wii.
Graphics Horse
graphics horse
graphics horse
does whatever a
graphics horse does

Originally Posted by Shiggy

[IMG]http://i25.************/2aq70p.gif[/IMG]
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback

http://i28.************/o0v15d.jpg

Blimey, fair enough. I wouldn't say I'm an Oswald fan per se, it's just quite a major part of Disney's history for it to be ignored. I've never seen anything Oswaldish before.

^^ Oh shit. :lol :lol
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Graphics Horse

Why did you post that?!?! That is actually scary!
HK-47
Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
(07-29-2009, 06:50 PM)

Yes. Best body horror movie ever.
Chaos Dragon
Banned
(07-29-2009, 06:51 PM)

Originally Posted by icecream

Actually, yes. An adventure game in the vein of Heavy Rain/The Dig would actually be a pretty good idea.

No

Especially not Heavy Rain
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 06:54 PM)

creepy pic

:lol
Fanboydestroyer
(07-29-2009, 06:57 PM)
This looks really freaking awesome. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical when I first heard about it. But wow, those concept pictures, man they really are something. Hopefully more info about this game gets revealed soon.
Gomu Gomu
Wait, so this is really happening? :o
Epic Tier 3 Engineer
Banned
Disney lets people do this?

I'd feel much better if we were getting this art for a PS3 exclusive Kingdom Hearts or something, but awesome art is awesome.
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Gomu Gomu

Yes, it is. :D
wsippel
Banned

Looks like it:

Graham Hopper [General Manager, Disney Interactve]: Warren's hard at work. He has a team working on a great project. We're going to show it when it's right and ready. We're very encouraged by what we're seeing. I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised. [...]

The project that Warren's working on is something that we've had creative ideas about for a long time before we found the right guy to make it -- which was Warren.

Warren has taken that and changed it a lot along the way and made it better, and we've given him the time to do that. We're into a very, very extensive prototyping and technology phase on the game. Right now he's building levels. To get to that point took a long time. That's why we've been quiet. But that's what the game needs to be successful.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=23916

That was not even two months ago.
Father_Brain
Banned
Is there any truth to that rumor someone (Shiggy?) posted that this was almost unveiled at Nintendo's E3 conference? I just hope a magazine gets an exclusive on this soon.
AceBandage
Banned

Disney owns the studio that is making the game, and Spector has been hyping this game up for a while now, so it seems so.

Originally Posted by Father_Brain

Is there any truth to that rumor someone (Shiggy?) posted that this was almost unveiled at Nintendo's E3 conference? I just hope a magazine gets an exclusive on this soon.

Would have been awesome, but also, kind of out of place.
I think at their own event would be better. Use it to get huge media coverage from just the real gaming press.
wsippel
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:05 PM)

That's a weird one. Several people posted that rumor (not Shiggy, though, if I remember correctly), but it was never clear if the rumor was about this title or the next Kingdom Hearts.
jett
D-Member
(07-29-2009, 07:05 PM)
Is this really a Wii-only game?
Shiggy
(07-29-2009, 07:06 PM)

I didn't post it, but I heard of it. Though I have some severe doubts as JPS was still staffing up earlier this year. I don't think it's fleshed out yet.
cuyahoga
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
(07-29-2009, 07:07 PM)

Can someone please repost the rest of the art from Post #109? Hosting it on Photobucket wasn't the best idea, apparently.

I took those down pre-emptive out of fear overreaching Disney legal might shut down my whole Photobucket account, but their back up at Tinypic. Enjoy.
AceBandage
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by jett

As of right now, we only know of a Wii version.
wsippel
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:09 PM)

Originally Posted by jett

All the developer CVs only mention Wii and you only see Wii controllers at Junction Point. So yes, it most likely is.
FoneBone
(07-29-2009, 07:12 PM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

I didn't post it, but I heard of it. Though I have some severe doubts as JPS was still staffing up earlier this year. I don't think it's fleshed out yet.

Yeah, that interview makes me think that we won't be seeing anything official until 2010. Too bad -- I really want to know more.
Dark Octave
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:12 PM)

[IMG]http://i28.************/o0v15d.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, never heard of Oswalt the Rabbit before.

And this Epic Mickey, Walt is probably spinning like a top right now. Actually he probably has been since they announced Tiana in The Princess and the Frog.
tenritsu
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:15 PM)
Alright guys, I've been scouring Glover's page (he's a great artist, but man his site could use some work :lol ) and I'll be posting every image I think is related to Epic Mickey. Keep an eye out for this post if you wish.

WARNING, MASSIVE IMAGES ALERT. Tell me if you want me to just link them and I'll do so.

Alright guys, here I go:

http://web.mac.com/askbotboy/Site/Ne...ach_attack.jpg
The image filename is called beach_attack.jpg,

Now look towards the right side of the picture... notice a castle like thing? Well...

http://web.mac.com/askbotboy/Site/Vi...e-filtered.jpg

http://web.mac.com/askbotboy/Site/En...pt_castles.jpg
SovanJedi
provides useful feedback
(07-29-2009, 07:19 PM)

Originally Posted by Dark Octave

Wow, never heard of Oswalt the Rabbit before.

If you haven't looked a more accurate version of the story up on Wikipedia already... Basically he preceeded Mickey Mouse, and when Walt Disney had to give the rights to Oswald up he made a duplicate character with rounded ears instead of the long ones Oswald had. That character became Mickey.
schuelma
Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
(07-29-2009, 07:20 PM)
Anyone read the Walt Disney bio that came out a few years ago? Pretty fascinating.
Cowie
(07-29-2009, 07:22 PM)
holy shit. I'm in awe that something this awesome is allowed to exist.
Zoramon089
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:22 PM)
IT'S WII ONLY. STOP ASKING
Can we not have this "It's a shame it's coming to the Wii" crap in every thread where there's a cool/promising/interesting looking game/concept for the system?!
HamPster PamPster
(07-29-2009, 07:25 PM)
I'm going need the game, an art book, a strategy guide, a behind the scenes dvd, tin case...

I NEED the super duper deluxe enhanced limited special collectors edition of this game

... and a wii

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype
Dark Octave
Banned
(07-29-2009, 07:26 PM)

If you haven't looked a more accurate version of the story up on Wikipedia already... Basically he preceeded Mickey Mouse, and when Walt Disney had to give the rights to Oswald up he made a duplicate character with rounded ears instead of the long ones Oswald had. That character became Mickey.

That's awesome. I love hearing about behind the scenes and historic things like this. Kind of makes you think "what if". I'm going to go check out the Wiki on Oswalt now, thanks.