• TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(07-29-2009, 09:53 AM)
From their website:

Originally Posted by JPS Website

Boy, do we wish we could talk about what we're working on. Soon… Soon…

To quote Warren: "When we DO announce what we're doing, half the world's going to think we're crazy and half the world's going to think it's the coolest thing since sliced bread–how great is that?!"

Well, this certainly fits.
Danielsan
(07-29-2009, 09:54 AM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

Absolutely true. As of June 2009 it is confirmed to be a wii title. Also confirmed by an artist's resume.

Ahhh :(
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 09:54 AM)
Wait a sec... What if this is like A Boy & His Blob or Wario Land Shake? Aka a beautiful sidescroller?

Does it have a shot, or am I just dreaming?
Whimsical Phil
Ninja School will help you
(07-29-2009, 09:55 AM)

Originally Posted by cuyahoga

Oh my god, it's DIP!
gerg
Can't we just enjoy the fact that this is a really creative take on a completely unique IP, regardless of whatever platform it's on?
Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Originally Posted by HUELEN10

Wait a sec... What if this is like A Boy & His Blob or Wario Land Shake? Aka a beautiful sidescroller?

Wario Land Shake really didn't sell that great, and A Boy & His Blob probably won't sell that well either.

My guess would be it's 3D if for no other reason than market forces.
mujun
(07-29-2009, 09:56 AM)
If the game itself matches up to the concept art then this will be the game that finally forces me to crumble and pick up a Wii.
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(07-29-2009, 09:56 AM)

Originally Posted by Sinatar

Well hopefully there will be a PC version. Don't ignore your roots Warren, I don't want to fucking waggle.

Adapt or die.

Originally Posted by gerg

Can't we just enjoy the fact that this is a really creative take on a completely unique IP, regardless of whatever platform it's on?

No, if it's on the Wii it will be bad and you should feel bad.

Wario Land Shake really didn't sell that great, and A Boy & His Blob probably won't sell that well either.

My guess would be it's 3D if for no other reason than market forces.

I'd welcome a 3D platformer, actually. Strangely enough we don't have too many of those these days. I'm not complaining since the 2D rebirth has been quite awesome.
Sinatar
Official GAF Bottom Feeder
(07-29-2009, 09:57 AM)

Warren Spector making a side scroller? I really doubt it.
Shiggy
Banned
(07-29-2009, 09:57 AM)

Your sources please? No offense, but Google says your claims are absolutely specious.

I don't have it here right now. Try this in Google: "junction point studios" site:linkedin.com wii
There you should find your confirmation.
Ulairi
Banned
(07-29-2009, 09:58 AM)

Originally Posted by Sinatar

Well hopefully there will be a PC version. Don't ignore your roots Warren, I don't want to fucking waggle.

You'll need to accept the Waggle because I bet you that this game is leading on the Wii.
Rez
(07-29-2009, 09:58 AM)
a sidescroller would be a waste of an incredibly compelling world, in my opinion
Acosta
(07-29-2009, 09:59 AM)
Woah, awesome art.
Monocle
(07-29-2009, 09:59 AM)
I'd buy this. God, I'd buy this so hard. Make it happen, people.
cuyahoga
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
(07-29-2009, 10:00 AM)

Originally Posted by Shiggy

I don't have it here right now. Try this in Google: "junction point studios" site:linkedin.com wii
There you should find your confirmation.

Alright. http://www.tonypulham.com/Pages/resume.html

Junction Point/Disney Interactive Studios, Hollywood, CA June 2009 - Present

Development/Concept Artist
"Epic Mickey"(Wii Video Game)

THIS IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT! YAY!
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 10:03 AM)
I still can't believe Disney actually approved of this, wow. That's pretty ballsy, for Disney I mean.
GhaleonQ
(07-29-2009, 10:03 AM)

Licensed game of the forever!

Heulen, I bet you own at least 14 of the Disney Treasures tins. +/- 1. (Which is not to say that it isn't a great thing.)
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(07-29-2009, 10:04 AM)

Originally Posted by Sadist

I still can't believe Disney actually approved of this, wow. That's pretty ballsy, for Disney I mean.

Isn't Lasseter basically the one in charge now? Aside from butchering American Dog and approving Cars 2, he's been pretty on the ball.
clockpunk
(07-29-2009, 10:05 AM)
I don't know why the Steampunk aestheti has risen in popularity lately, but I for one am glad of it!

This game looks VERY interesting. I hope it comes into fruitition.
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:06 AM)

Well, it wouldn't be the first time. They did pull a Werehog of sorts...

Originally Posted by GhaleonQ

Heulen, I bet you own at least 14 of the Disney Treasures tins. +/- 1. (Which is not to say that it isn't a great thing.)

I sadly only own 2.
:(

I know of 6 at least hat I need to buy!
cuyahoga
Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
(07-29-2009, 10:06 AM)

Wait a sec, WAIT A SEC!

Is that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit on the rocket?!?!?!?!?!?!?
[IMG]http://i25.************/9kxpvd.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i30.************/2zrm3no.jpg[/IMG]
OMG IT IS!

Licensed game of the forever!

I agree with the sentiment expressed above.

Originally Posted by AniHawk

Isn't Lasseter basically the one in charge now? Aside from butchering American Dog and approving Cars 2, he's been pretty on the ball.

Isn't Chris Sanders now doing a comic strip with his canned characters?
elrechazado
(07-29-2009, 10:07 AM)

approving Cars 2, .

wot?

wow, just read the wikipedia entry for that. Shit looks terrible. My 3 year old son will be ecstatic though.
Leonsito
(07-29-2009, 10:10 AM)
I want a traditional animation movie from Disney with this art.
mujun
(07-29-2009, 10:12 AM)

Originally Posted by Leonsito

I want a traditional animation movie from Disney with this art.

Exactly.
Frawdder
(07-29-2009, 10:12 AM)
Wow, this looks really cool. Definitely keep my eye on this one.
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 10:14 AM)

If this is true, explains a lot then.
JMC
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:14 AM)

Alright. http://www.tonypulham.com/Pages/resume.html

THIS IS STILL IN DEVELOPMENT! YAY!

Looks like I'll be buying a Wii at Christmas.
Ulairi
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:15 AM)
I cannot wait for the official announcement, going to be epic crying.
gerg

If this is true, explains a lot then.

Lasseter has been the head of Disney for some time now. One of the best things to happen to the company, afaic.
GhaleonQ
AniHawk follows animation news? Cool. Of course, if you were Kricfalusi, that would make a lot of sense...

Isn't Chris Sanders now doing a comic strip with his canned characters?

Was. Now, he's doing a movie. Hopefully, he gets to take down Lasseter in a film 1 day, and that would be an awesome way to do it. (I say this as someone who admired Lilo And Stitch, but hated it.)

I sadly only own 2.
:(
I know of 6 at least hat I need to buy!

*shakes head* SHAME.
jiggle
(07-29-2009, 10:16 AM)
Wow these are beyond hawt
cuyahoga
(07-29-2009, 10:17 AM)

Originally Posted by GhaleonQ

Was. Now, he's doing a movie. Hopefully, he gets to take down Lasseter in a film 1 day, and that would be an awesome way to do it. (I say this as someone who admired Lilo And Stitch, but hated it.)

A movie based on the characters? Lasseter was already lampooned in Bee Movie, FWIW.
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:18 AM)
Out of curiosity GAF, what references would you like to see in the game?
I would KILL for this, my favorite old short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zh43KKl17Y&mt=18

Love the dance scene with Minnie, it's awesome, but so is the fail ostrich-thing. :lol
GhaleonQ
(07-29-2009, 10:23 AM)

A movie based on the characters? Lasseter was already lampooned in Bee Movie, FWIW.

Oh, no (legal troubles?), but it would be fun to see the original designs find their way into a cameo appearance in some other feature. And I did hear the Bee Movie thing.
Jet Grind Radio!
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:25 AM)
The more I see the concept art, the more excited I am for it. It's so nice to see Disney try something fairly radical with their stuff.
Sadist
(07-29-2009, 10:25 AM)

Originally Posted by gerg

Lasseter has been the head of Disney for some time now. One of the best things to happen to the company, afaic.

Gotta be honest here, I never followed Disney that much, I read it in a paper once. I already forget about it though. Can't even remember the last Disney movie I saw :P
SuperAngelo64
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:27 AM)
I need this.
DDayton
(more a nerd than a geek)
(07-29-2009, 10:29 AM)

I wouldn't have thought they would have released a PG-13-rated Pirates of the Carribean under the Disney label, but they did.

Oh, that's really something far different. This is a weird, overly dark take on classic animated characters -- I just don't see Disney letting it out the gate like THIS, unless something radically changes OR...

well, let me rephrase that, I COULD see someone giving this the okay depending upon the underlying story, but I find it highly unlikely that these pieces of art would represent the majority or main theme of the game.
JMC
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:32 AM)

Originally Posted by DavidDayton

Oh, that's really something far different. This is a weird, overly dark take on classic animated characters -- I just don't see Disney letting it out the gate like THIS, unless something radically changes OR...

well, let me rephrase that, I COULD see someone giving this the okay depending upon the underlying story, but I find it highly unlikely that these pieces of art would represent the majority or main theme of the game.

These are bad thoughts. :(
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:37 AM)

Originally Posted by DavidDayton

Epic Mickey isn't overly dark, or at least I don't see it as dark, it is awesome, with a dash of grim on the side!

THIS is dark!
[IMG]http://i26.************/27y4vad.jpg[/IMG]
Sykes gave me nightmares for weeks!
[IMG]http://i30.************/2ecls9h.gif[/IMG]
Let's not forget Chernabog!

Whether or not this project is dark is up to you. Regardless, Disney has done dark in the past, and they can do it again. If this is dark, then I want this kind of dark!
Send in the Clowns
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:38 AM)
Holy fuck, this some of the coolest shit I've seen, looks like the darkest thing Disney has done since Fantasia. It looks like it's on the Wii so the vision may not be as fully realized as these concept pieces but I'm seriously hyped.
BitchTits
(07-29-2009, 10:39 AM)
Dippy? Oswald The Rabbit?....

DieH@rd
(07-29-2009, 10:42 AM)
SHIT HOT
Amalthea
let's dance all the way down to Jewish history-town
(07-29-2009, 10:43 AM)
After seeing all those artworks I thought about Naoto Oshimas Sonic designs wich resembled those old cartoons pretty much.

So I came up with this:

[IMG]http://i31.************/b87r7n.jpg[/IMG]
sevenchaos
(07-29-2009, 10:44 AM)
Damn. I love this.
HUELEN10
Banned
(07-29-2009, 10:46 AM)

Originally Posted by Tyrant_Onion

After seeing all those artworks I thought about Naoto Oshimas Sonic designs wich resembled those old cartoons pretty much.

So I came up with this:

[IMG]http://i31.************/b87r7n.jpg[/IMG]

Found these on an imageboard a while back...
[IMG]http://i29.************/2whpoj7.png[/IMG]
Speedy The Hedgehog, Miles The Fox, & Fisticuffs The Echidna. Fun times.
[IMG]http://i31.************/2hovho5.png[/IMG]
That old Prospector Ivo is up to no good again!
Choppasmith
(07-29-2009, 10:47 AM)

Originally Posted by Whimsical Phil

Oh my god, it's DIP!

:lol I thought the same thing when I saw that! This really could be the best thing to happen to classical cartoons since RR.

By the way, I saved a screen cap of the website in case this sudden leak causes that resume to disappear.

[IMG]http://i26.************/wcdagi.jpg[/IMG]

Out of curiosity GAF, what references would you like to see in the game?
I would KILL for this, my favorite old short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zh43KKl17Y&mt=18

Love the dance scene with Minnie, it's awesome, but so is the fail ostrich-thing.

Fantasia is a MUST in my opinion. As far as stuff from the very early days though, I've always been fond of Skeleton Dance.
cuyahoga
(07-29-2009, 10:49 AM)
This is almost like that Beatles Rock Band trailer in how many references are loaded here.
Danielsan
(07-29-2009, 10:53 AM)

Epic Mickey isn't overly dark, or at least I don't see it as dark, it is awesome, with a dash of grim on the side!

THIS is dark!
[IMG]http://i26.************/27y4vad.jpg[/IMG]
Sykes gave me nightmares for weeks!
[IMG]http://i30.************/2ecls9h.gif[/IMG]
Let's not forget Chernabog!

Whether or not this project is dark is up to you. Regardless, Disney has done dark in the past, and they can do it again. If this is dark, then I want this kind of dark!

Old Disney films were pretty messed up and dark.
I remember some pretty dark scenes from the Rescuers.
ThatGuy
(07-29-2009, 10:54 AM)
Noooooooooooo, why this has to be on Wii, a platform which is damn limited. :/ Welcome Disney game that looks like some mid life cycle PS2 game.