• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Tokubetsu

You have me on ignore don't you :<

No, I was just too lazy to answer you (turn on your damn ps3 fam).

Okay wow, guess I'm not hitting 11 with Elise. I got her bar more than halfway to 11 before deciding to take a break. I turn the game back on and her bar is now back at the start. Fuck you SSX.

MMaRsu

Banned
No, I was just too lazy to answer you (turn on your damn ps3 fam).

Okay wow, guess I'm not hitting 11 with Elise. I got her bar more than halfway to 11 before deciding to take a break. I turn the game back on and her bar is now back at the start. Fuck you SSX.

My Ps3 is on a lot man!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
How are you people getting 100m + on Mt. Eddie.

What in the actual fuck? I'm not worthy.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So... what's the best config.

I'm not liking the sticks very much...

soultron

Banned
So... what's the best config.

I'm not liking the sticks very much...

I use Standard buttons. I'm an "SSX vet" and I prefer that set up to the Classic scheme.

The layout is great and I find the buttons to be infinitely more accurate than using the sticks.

My god, I love this game but whats the trick to the huge scores on trick it courses? I hate racing and survival but for the love of me I rarely break 15k total at the most on most tracks. I manage to keep my tricks going by using the x button when there aren't on jumps, I try to jump off of anything I see and do a long flip. I also rarely crash at all going down the courses and if I do I just reset but still... I see people in the GE's with 50-70k.

soultron

Banned
My god, I love this game but whats the trick to the huge scores on trick it courses? I hate racing and survival but for the love of me I rarely break 15k total at the most on most tracks. I manage to keep my tricks going by using the x button when there aren't on jumps, I try to jump off of anything I see and do a long flip. I also rarely crash at all going down the courses and if I do I just reset but still... I see people in the GE's with 50-70k.

How to get better at tricking:

Trick System Basics

How To Trick Better

I'm still confused, does using 3 trick multipliers mods (the ones with the crown symbol) on my level 11 character yield a higher score than using 1 trick multiplier? Or Should I use the trick mods?(the ones with the T not the crown?) Thanks

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I don't really like the reverse angle down the mountain stuff... I find the controls to be unintuitive and weird while in a reversed view, and it feels like a dumb minigame.

If it's just the one time, whatever... but I have a feeling it'll be a recurring theme. Hopefully not.

This game needed a free ride mode without all of the hud stuff and competitive junk everywhere for those times when I just want to cruise down a mountain and not think about my friend's scores and all the online stuff... it's a little overwrought at times.

But those are pretty minor complaints. Overall this is a great game and the button controls are starting to click for me. Probably will never get anywhere near as good with this as I was with Tricky (I'm older now and free time is harder to come by) but it's still fun to pick up and play.

I don't really like the reverse angle down the mountain stuff... I find the controls to be unintuitive and weird while in a reversed view, and it feels like a dumb minigame.

If it's just the one time, whatever... but I have a feeling it'll be a recurring theme. Hopefully not.

This game needed a free ride mode without all of the hud stuff and competitive junk everywhere for those times when I just want to cruise down a mountain and not think about my friend's scores and all the online stuff... it's a little overwrought at times.

But those are pretty minor complaints. Overall this is a great game and the button controls are starting to click for me. Probably will never get anywhere near as good with this as I was with Tricky (I'm older now and free time is harder to come by) but it's still fun to pick up and play.

There are only two tracks with reverse camera. So it's not a big problem.

Anyone else having a 60/40 crash ratio when connecting to RiderNet when this game loads up?

I haven't had any problem lately but yeah the game crashes way more than it should.

This game really needs a replay mode so I can see how the fuck my competition does so good, lol.

Oh and also, this game has never crashed on me, 360 version. I've had it since about 2 weeks after release. Works great.

JaseMath

This game really needs a replay mode so I can see how the fuck my competition does so good, lol.

Oh and also, this game has never crashed on me, 360 version. I've had it since about 2 weeks after release. Works great.

The PS3 version crashes a lot. Between having to "force quit" the game because you can't get past the initial login and the game outright crashing, it's pretty shitty.

global events are broken right now for me. I get a GLOBAL EVENT JOIN FAILURE error and the game freezes just as I press start to do a GE run.

And it keeps my money, damn it EA, get your shit together, IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING.

Minamu

global events are broken right now for me. I get a GLOBAL EVENT JOIN FAILURE error and the game freezes just as I press start to do a GE run.

And it keeps my money, damn it EA, get your shit together, IT'S ALWAYS SOMETHING.
Yeah mine crashes on Start Run with a message saying I'm not connected to EA. Andthis happens just after I think to myself that my copy never seem to crash, heh. Happens twice, the first time I got my money back. Haven't checked the second time (might've been a free run though). You sure about the money?

Edit: Of course, it was a 1.5 million run too xD

MMaRsu

Banned
Sweet! I broke my Big Wachowski trick it record! Instead of 100 mil it's now 101 mil lol :p

Good luck grassclipper :p

FtHTiny

Got some good times and tricky scores on all alaska tracks yesterday. Everything gold on that now.

Really liking some of the peaks but there are some really stupid ones too.

Sweet! I broke my Big Wachowski trick it record! Instead of 100 mil it's now 101 mil lol :p

Good luck grassclipper :p

Bah screw you. I'll get on it in the weekend.

I have a guy on my friends list who I guess added me through SSX, his trick it scores are insane. Was like 114 mil on Big Wachowski last I looked. Psychedelic something.

MMaRsu

Banned
Bah screw you. I'll get on it in the weekend.

I have a guy on my friends list who I guess added me through SSX, his trick it scores are insane. Was like 114 mil on Big Wachowski last I looked. Psychedelic something.

Hah..yup he's on my friends list too bro, he has the crash avatar.. Not sure if he's from gaf. Either way yes his trick scores are crazy but he just spams jump>trick everywhere and goes up every mountain, still pretty great. I'll beat some of his stuff sometime though.

Hah..yup he's on my friends list too bro, he has the crash avatar.. Not sure if he's from gaf. Either way yes his trick scores are crazy but he just spams jump>trick everywhere and goes up every mountain, still pretty great. I'll beat some of his stuff sometime though.

Yup thats the guy. I feel that if I try to be to competitive in the game a lot of the fun disappears. Like wingsuiting an entire track or abusing the trick system.

By the way, does anyone know if they fixed it so the signature tricks gives you the most points yet? If I recall correctly tweaked super ubers was worth more. And are the geotag bug fixed? (The one where if you collected 1000 the game would start freezing.) And the one where your save could be corrupted if you hid peoples scores/deleted them from your friendslist.

Bury

Neo Member
Ok, so I need more people to add me to SSX. Mostly people who do trick alot. Most of the people in my friends list are racer types and usually have shit trick scores. It's so lonely at the top ;_; and c'mon b-dex, I'm killing your trick scores on GE like it was nothing. Step up! By the way, my PSN id is remapthesoul

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yup thats the guy. I feel that if I try to be to competitive in the game a lot of the fun disappears. Like wingsuiting an entire track or abusing the trick system.

By the way, does anyone know if they fixed it so the signature tricks gives you the most points yet? If I recall correctly tweaked super ubers was worth more. And are the geotag bug fixed? (The one where if you collected 1000 the game would start freezing.) And the one where you save could be corrupted if you hid peoples scores/deleted them from your friendslist.

I hope this is fixed soon. I want to hide some people from my list, like the superachiever you mentioned. I have about 10 people who are around my level of skill so I like to attempt their scores, but I will never score on par with some of the topmost people. I could defriend them I guess, but I dont like doing that over one game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well I got 109 mil on the big wachowski.. damn that was almost a perfect run pretty amazing track really. I just wish there were more of those kind of tracks in the game from the start, but from how much I've played it it sure is worth the 60. There are a few great tracks in the basegame like Serenity, but why are there not more tracks like that :(. So many dumb tracks, I dont think I even set records on africa. Fuck that shit, I dont even wanna try.

Oh by the way I didnt spam jump>trick or anything but I did use a lot of natural mountains as well, follow my line and you'll see my performing my magic. No abusing shit here.

Well I got 109 mil on the big wachowski.. damn that was almost a perfect run pretty amazing track really. I just wish there were more of those kind of tracks in the game from the start, but from how much I've played it it sure is worth the 60. There are a few great tracks in the basegame like Serenity, but why are there not more tracks like that :(. So many dumb tracks, I dont think I even set records on africa. Fuck that shit, I dont even wanna try.

Oh by the way I didnt spam jump>trick or anything but I did use a lot of natural mountains as well, follow my line and you'll see my performing my magic. No abusing shit here.

Sweet. But yeah Mt. Eddie made it really obvious that we needed those kind of tracks in the game from the beginning. The event peak in Africa is actually kind of ok, at least for race it. The ceiling is high enough that you can trick but you are eventually going to bail, so you have to tone down the big jumps which sucks.

And there is no way I'm beating that score, I might get to 100 million but that would be it.

B-Dex

Ok, so I need more people to add me to SSX. Mostly people who do trick alot. Most of the people in my friends list are racer types and usually have shit trick scores. It's so lonely at the top ;_; and c'mon b-dex, I'm killing your trick scores on GE like it was nothing. Step up! By the way, my PSN id is remapthesoul

Hey I was getting DIAMOND bracket this morning. :p

Gotta level the rest of the crew up to 11 this weekend.

BIGG BALLING IN SSX THIS WEEKEND: ENGAGE LEVEL TWO OF HIGH ROLLER STATUS

"Everything is 5 by 5 here at SSX. In addition to our Double XP Weekend we're running our first 5x5 Event on Saturday and Sunday. That's a 5 Minute Global Event with a 5 Million Point Entry cost. Bring your credits and skill to win big."

Saturday

Range: Alps
Drop: The Hammer
Event: Trick

Range: Alaska
Drop: Old School
Event: Race

Sunday

Range: Rockies
Drop: JT2
Event: Trick

Range: New Zealand
Drop: Last To Hit
Event: Race

So the Big BALLIN' GE's are up:
iqElCGIeMSQJ0.png

Also, how can there be two people in platinum rank? This happened to me twice today:
ibjG0oLCC3IRe9.png

That's nothing I had 35mil reward on the hammer ;) Platinum :p

I should go back tonight and take some pictures :p

get on xbox live and i'll try my damnedest to make sure SSX is a nightmare for ya. :D

Edit: and I just did it again, I'm noW up to 224 Mill Credits, lol:
iwgeV5PoWxydy.png

Top Bottom