• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

bs000

Ok for some reason I see every single one of these baords available for my LVL10 Eddie with a 150 hour time limit last night. All three showed up in a row @ 2MILL(c) each. I bought the first one and the second immediately took it's place, etc... so I bought them all.

The 1st one is a Legendary Rocket Board w/Boost Bonus
The 2d one is a Legendary Trick Board w/Trick Bonus
The 3rd one is a Legendary Speed Board w/Boost Bonus

Also... I checked my other characters (they are @ various levels) and the boards showed up for every single character (even travis rice) with the same 150 hour countdown, starting with the 1st board. Is this some sort of promotion?

Here are the prices I noticed:
  • LVL10: 2,000,000
  • LVL09: 1,500,000
  • LVL07: 200,000
  • LVL06: 100,000
  • LVL05: 60,000
  • LVL04: 45,000

I tried to get a LVL9 Elise to LVL10 and when I did the Legendary N7 boards dissapeared...

Anyone (devs?) have an explanation for this? It's a waste to buy them at any level below LVL10 but when you LVL up they dissapear...

I think how it works is characters of the same level share the same store. If you have 2 level 10s they'll show the same boards for both chars when you go to the store. So when you buy the boards for one char they're no longer available for the other chars.

winstano

Anyone having issues with the Ridernet iOS app logging in on the Playstation side? I can log in fine to the 360 server, but every time I try and get my PS3 info it says "Cannot connect to server"

I fucking hate Rolling Thunder.

Every hott 2 milli Trick It is on Rolling Thunder.

I hate Rolling Thunder.

P.S. We unlocked Travis?!? NOW I CAN'T FIND THE LINK. HALLLLPPPP.

So each board has a speed and boost stat, is it fair to say that the boost stat is more important because in races getting into tricky early means your using the boost stats rather than the race stats?

EDIT: I love the way they did this lobby, but I really wish they had a search option in the game, where you could filter drop types, entrance costs etc I am at the stage where I only really want to enter drops between 500k and 1 million, but finding them is pretty damn hard.

Enough with all this Travis Rice talk, I want Eddie! The Travis Rice code never worked for me even though I got one, and now it's gone. Loving the game though, it's pretty awesome

gate777

Finally started today and just wasn't feeling it. The armor/health mechanic is hugely disappointing to me and the invisible pits just completely take away the feeling that SSX had in prior games. Instead of going nuts off of everything, I'm paying more attention to not falling into a run-ending pit. Was hoping those comments were overblown, but man, they weren't.

Does that kind of thing get better? Only tolerated the first Deadly Descent and have a feeling it's only going to get worse (first race in Patagonia was when I turned off the game in disappointment).

Agreed. It sucks always looking out for pitfalls and using rewind all the time. I have to do a course over and over until I memorize it.

I'm going to grind for credits tonight to buy some gear and level up :p

Numpt3

The game is brilliant but who ever came up with the idea of removing Eddie for pre order dlc deserves a massive kick in the balls.

Speaking of Travis Rice talk, has anyone heard him talk in game? He seems to be silent when I played as him, outside of a few grunts of pain.

From the looks of it he is just a Mac reskin? He does have his own signature move, but his helicopter movements are the same as Mac's. I dont actually have him and am just judging based on Youtube so may be wrong!

whitehawk

Banned
OH my god. I hate the darkness levels. It was an ordeal finishing Africa. I hate those levels where you can't see anything and you can drop off any second. It wasn't fun at all and they should have scrapped Africa.

I think how it works is characters of the same level share the same store. If you have 2 level 10s they'll show the same boards for both chars when you go to the store. So when you buy the boards for one char they're no longer available for the other chars.

Yeah i unfortunanely figured this out on my own as I leveled up Elise and Zoe to LVL10... >_>

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Anyone??? I still can't connect this morning. I push start at the splash screen, it goes through saving and loading, and then hangs on Connecting to Ridernet.

I've been stuck with this same issue for the past couple days. I've tried everything I can on my end to fix it and nothing has worked. The only way I can get to play the game is if I sign out of PSN to do it, and I see several people playing it on my friends list with no issue.

I was really enjoying the online in SSX until it just stopped working for me. I"m really hoping this is just a temporary issue on their end and not a glitch on the user end.

OH my god. I hate the darkness levels. It was an ordeal finishing Africa. I hate those levels where you can't see anything and you can drop off any second. It wasn't fun at all and they should have scrapped Africa.
Africa's not as bad once you get the pulse goggles, they work a lot better than the head lamp.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I was weak, I walked into GS and gave them $65 for SSA after playing the demo yesterday. I never buy from B&M stores, it feels dirty.

I'd love some SSX friends, is their a list?

Edit: Found the list, I edited it, I guess "share" is save?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Anyone having issues with the Ridernet iOS app logging in on the Playstation side? I can log in fine to the 360 server, but every time I try and get my PS3 info it says "Cannot connect to server"

Yes, been like that since the day it came out for me. Reading a few of the reviews on itunes shows some others are having the problem too.

colinp

Banned
Ok for some reason I see every single one of these baords available for my LVL10 Eddie with a 150 hour time limit last night. All three showed up in a row @ 2MILL(c) each. I bought the first one and the second immediately took it's place, etc... so I bought them all.

The 1st one is a Legendary Rocket Board w/Boost Bonus
The 2d one is a Legendary Trick Board w/Trick Bonus
The 3rd one is a Legendary Speed Board w/Boost Bonus

Also... I checked my other characters (they are @ various levels) and the boards showed up for every single character (even travis rice) with the same 150 hour countdown, starting with the 1st board. Is this some sort of promotion?

Here are the prices I noticed:
  • LVL10: 2,000,000
  • LVL09: 1,500,000
  • LVL07: 200,000
  • LVL06: 100,000
  • LVL05: 60,000
  • LVL04: 45,000

I tried to get a LVL9 Elise to LVL10 and when I did the Legendary N7 boards dissapeared...

Anyone (devs?) have an explanation for this? It's a waste to buy them at any level below LVL10 but when you LVL up they dissapear...

The price seems to be dependent upon how many credits you have. I had ~1,600,000 and my lvl 9 Kaori had one of the boards show up for 1,500,000. I didn't want to blow all my credits on it, so I went for a drop that cost 1,000,000 instead. I check the store before taking the drop with just 600,000 credits left in my account and the price of the board dropped to ~357,000. I picked it up for cheap!

Sleazy marketing tactics in game reflect EA's sleazy marketing tactics IRL- Game as Life as Art... Good stuff!

PS3, PSN-nick Zanosuke : )

Ah im on Xbox unfortunately!

The price seems to be dependent upon how many credits you have. I had ~1,600,000 and my lvl 9 Kaori had one of the boards show up for 1,500,000. I didn't want to blow all my credits on it, so I went for a drop that cost 1,000,000 instead. I check the store before taking the drop with just 600,000 credits left in my account and the price of the board dropped to ~357,000. I picked it up for cheap!

Sleazy marketing tactics in game reflect EA's sleazy marketing tactics IRL- Game as Life as Art... Good stuff!

Are you sure you didnt end up with a lower ranked version of the board? From what I noticed the level 10 versions are 2 mill each, the level 9 versions are 1.5 mill each. It drops with each rank (as do the stats)

Has anything been said yet from the devs if the PS3 version is going to get some love for the 50,000 Global Event badge (called Bandwagon)?

Week 1 it ended around 45,000, thanks to the PSN downtime we were cut short.

End of week 2 here and it's not even near 50,000...

Curufinwe

I have the Connecting to RiderNet glitch on PS3.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/45/8247779.page

Try the following: sign out of PSN and start the game, dont connect to PSN when the game prompts you to do so and continue to play SSX in Offline-Mode. Hit Explore Mode (still offline) and set a personal best on one track. The game will then ask you if you want to upload your ghost data, choose yes and connect to PSN. Normally SSX should now connect to Ridernet.

How I do sign out and still be able to get to XMB to start the game? When I sign out it just takes me back to the sign-in screen.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I figured out how to turn off auto sign-in.

But when I set a personal best it didn't ask me if I wanted to upload my ghost data and connect to PSN.

Africa's not as bad once you get the pulse goggles, they work a lot better than the head lamp.

Only problem with Africa's feature peak is the damn ceiling. You just CAN'T get big air because touching the roof mid-trick will make you bail. It's stupid because in Antarctica's ice caves you can hit the roof and keeping going no problem. Inconsistency makes me unhappy.

The backcountry and deadly peaks, those are a whole different can of worms.

Tawpgun

I use Elise for racing and Mac for tricking.

Can someone explain how boost stats vs speed stats work?

Is speed the max speed you have without boost? Or is it max speed with boost?

Does boost make you get boost faster? Keep boost longer? Have faster boost?

I haven't touched Tane since World Tour. Can you hear AI riders in this game? Never really noticed before.

Yeah, you heard Tane. Eddie and Travis both have dialogue though. Well, Travis at least has grunts and cries. I only used him on one drop and got pissed at how awful it felt compared to my level 10s so I never picked him again.

I use Elise for racing and Mac for tricking.

Can someone explain how boost stats vs speed stats work?

Is speed the max speed you have without boost? Or is it max speed with boost?

Does boost make you get boost faster? Keep boost longer? Have faster boost?

Boost makes you go faster when boosting. Speed is your speed when not boosting. Since you're boosting more than you're not during a race, the boost stat is more important and it's why when you ask the game to recommend the optimum board for a race it will pick the one with the high boost stat over speed.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Has anything been said yet from the devs if the PS3 version is going to get some love for the 50,000 Global Event badge (called Bandwagon)?

Week 1 it ended around 45,000, thanks to the PSN downtime we were cut short.

End of week 2 here and it's not even near 50,000...

I read on Merqury City they have plans for this badge. They'll probably end up filling the mountain with bots.

Woah, I love the fact my Ghost earns me money, I just went on and had 26 ghost wins to bank lol. I wish it told me who and where those wins were from though!

Bollocks

just finished world tour, ok game, nowhere near the glory of the previous games but still cool for the most part.
It took me 10 tries to clear the first big jump at the last race, I thought because I had head lamps on I had no wingsuit so I tried to clear it without and always fell a few inches short lol

the gadget stuff was tedious and I don't want to see it again in a new game, now off to explore mode

Teach me how to talk to the devs :eek:

Seems like alot of extra time and effort to do that though :|. It only takes one event in explore to get from 1 to 5 without doing anything special. Then one more to get from 5-6. :p

I think you're crazy, youre saying you level up from 1 to 6 in two events? I find that very hard to believe. My Zoe who I used for much of the campaign by necessity was only level 7 by the time I was done.

Also you don't get bank like this from just doing regular events, this was after a few geotag runs and got my Zoe from 7 to 9 and 1/3. Short of the million credit snowflake I think this is the best way to rank up.

82g5Hl.jpg

Plus cruising around looking for geotags also happens to be a lot of fun.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think you're crazy, youre saying you level up from 1 to 6 in two events? I find that very hard to believe. My Zoe who I used for much of the campaign by necessity was only level 7 by the time I was done.

World Tour went like this for me on every episode:
1. do a race to unlock the new character - very modest XP gain.
2. use the new character on a trick/race mission - shoot from 1-4 or 5 based on how well you destroy the competition.
3. use the new character on a couple more race/trick/survivals - go from lvl 4 to 5 or 6 by the end of the deadly descent.
4. rinse repeat on each deadly descent. So in the end everyone is lvl 4-6 with griff being lvl 1 and the facebook unlock being level 1.

And then going into explore nets you one more easy level each within 1-2 events so in the end they are all 5-6 with minimal time investment (too little for more than half of the rank levels).

World Tour went like this for me on every episode:
1. do a race to unlock the new character - very modest XP gain.
2. use the new character on a trick/race mission - shoot from 1-4 or 5 based on how well you destroy the competition.
3. use the new character on a couple more race/trick/survivals - go from lvl 4 to 5 or 6 by the end of the deadly descent.
4. rinse repeat on each deadly descent. So in the end everyone is lvl 4-6 with griff being lvl 1 and the facebook unlock being level 1.

And then going into explore nets you one more easy level each within 1-2 events so in the end they are all 5-6 with minimal time investment (too little for more than half of the rank levels).

I wont disagree with you but the higher you get though the longer it takes to get to the next level. Going from 9 to 10 is particularly time consuming.

Top Bottom