• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

JaseMath

So now that they'll be patching in Lvl.11 riders (...), does this mean they'll finally patch in other fixes as well when this patch hits?

red731

So now that they'll be patching in Lvl.11 riders (...), does this mean they'll finally patch in other fixes as well when this patch hits?

I HOPE SO!

I hope its one beefy patch with everything community suggested - at least that, what can be patched in.

Like pressing start and changing music, being able to press, lets say square on the mod buying screen, press R2 and buy another one....

edit: :lol, trampolines in the death holes - and when in caves, jumping in hole and being teleported somewhere else(mario)

soultron

Banned
I HOPE SO!

I hope its one beefy patch with everything community suggested - at least that, what can be patched in.

Like pressing start and changing music, being able to press, lets say square on the mod buying screen, press R2 and buy another one....

edit: :lol, trampolines in the death holes - and when in caves, jumping in hole and being teleported somewhere else(mario)

I know a bit about the level 11 cap increase stuff but let me see what I can tell you first.

So are a lot of the upper tier (gold/platinum/diamond) scores/times in Global Events basically unreachable if you don't have the lvl. 10 boards? Because my highest level character is at like 7 currently (haven't had much time to play lately) and the best I can ever really do is silver.

red731

Yay! Got my badge! #happyfriday

So are a lot of the upper tier (gold/platinum/diamond) scores/times in Global Events basically unreachable if you don't have the lvl. 10 boards? Because my highest level character is at like 7 currently (haven't had much time to play lately) and the best I can ever really do is silver.

I think that higher tiers are unreachable without the best boards and mods.
I wasnt competing in GEs until I had my char at lvl 10. Now I have chars none below level 9.

But for most of the time, it falls to having luck and finding the fastest line - if we are speaking about race it.

For RACE IT have two best boost mods and char with speed or boost.
For TRICK IT, two trick mods. They really do help if you dont fall or rewind short after.

Also dont you guys forget that the "impossible" times at races are done with wingsuits.
I know what I am talking about. My friend is only flying.

Pro tip: Get tricky, flylandfly to aleluja.

red731

Me too! *high five*

I thought that I will receive it automaticaly since I was in that GE earlier and set score,
but you have to race it again to get it.

ed: five back!
Jason, what about some custom chill event right about now?
ed2: I hate to restart to get my song playing. Duh.
ed3: And why the hell doesnt it bypass the restriction of equipment? Why do I have to put it down...weird choices when creating this game..

JaseMath

^^^ Yeah this is important for EVERYONE trying for the 50K event badge.

ie: It's not enough to take part in an event before it hits 50K, you have to compete in it after it hits the 50K mark to get a badge. Stupid, but whatever.

How much longer will it be up for?

It ends on Sunday I think.

And I am so down for a custom chill event, but how would we moderate that kind of event? I mean, how do you make it chill? Zero/low point trick event on Serenity?

Yeah this is important for EVERYONE trying for the 50K event badge.

ie: It's not enough to take part in an event before it hits 50K, you have to compete in it after it hits the 50K mark to get a badge. Stupid, but whatever.

Good to know, I thought it would just pop up for me automatically.
Thanks

red731

And I am so down for a custom chill event, but how would we moderate that kind of event? I mean, how do you make it chill? Zero/low point trick event on Serenity?

I think something without dead drops, maybe even trick it and then I will be following you or hell, lets fly with wingsuits if you like them!

Serenity sounds ok and yeah, lets get to tricky soon and then get down. Lets make it like Journey...I will be close D:

:D

soultron

Banned
Alright, SHREDDING BROS.

So the level 11 content is a server-side deal. It's ready to go and does not require a patch. When the devs decide to "flip the switch," it'll be live when you restart the game. Expect official details (SSX twitter, SSX FB group, etc.) within the next few days.

The level 11 stuff is separate from the patch, which is still coming. I don't know what stage it's currently in -- even if I did, I'd not be able to talk about it. The level 11 stuff should keep us busy while we wait! c:

red731

c:

RiderNet is great, isn't it?

rainbow.gif

But still, there is so much to do.
I believe in Todd and EAC that they can patch the game to near perfection..

Minamu

The Peak-a-Boo trophy, do I actually have to get bronze or better in each event I attend on each peak? Because I've done all but Alaska and Rockies but it seems I got demoted from Bronze to nothing on a couple and I obviously have no idea on which mountains :S

Alright, SHREDDING BROS.

So the level 11 content is a server-side deal. It's ready to go and does not require a patch. When the devs decide to "flip the switch," it'll be live when you restart the game. Expect official details (SSX twitter, SSX FB group, etc.) within the next few days.

The level 11 stuff is separate from the patch, which is still coming. I don't know what stage it's currently in -- even if I did, I'd not be able to talk about it. The level 11 stuff should keep us busy while we wait! c:

Now you can try and retake your cheesed Rolling Thunder RACE IT time, legit... so I can beat your time afterwards, lol.

soultron

Banned
Now you can try and retake your cheesed Rolling Thunder RACE IT time, legit... so I can beat your time afterwards, lol.

Yeah, but once Todd sees that time he'll go in with a wingsuit and I'll be forced to reclaim my turf using a wingsuit.

Sorry, CL. I had to fight flyer with flyer.

Yeah, but once Todd sees that time he'll go in with a wingsuit and I'll be forced to reclaim my turf using a wingsuit.

Sorry, CL. I had to fight flyer with flyer.

Oh well. If you do that then I'll have to come in after you and ruin everyones fun on that run. Choice is yours. :p Btw That run is also now my fav race it.

ominator

Neo Member
so, my copy arrived yesterday (after 19 days of delivery). after i popped it into my xbox it asked me whether i want to accept the term & conditions for online play. but after i klicked "yes" it told me that i wasn't old enough. i even contacted EA and they responded that i don't have an underage account and should contact the xbox-support. but before i want to do that i wanted to ask you, gaf. so did anybody had the same problem?

MMaRsu

Banned
so, my copy arrived yesterday (after 19 days of delivery). after i popped it into my xbox it asked me whether i want to accept the term & conditions for online play. but after i klicked "yes" it told me that i wasn't old enough. i even contacted EA and they responded that i don't have an underage account and should contact the xbox-support. but before i want to do that i wanted to ask you, gaf. so did anybody had the same problem?

Yeah, you're not gonna be able to go online until you create another gamertag. EA are a bunch of shitheads, I've read more topics about this issue on gaf.

ominator

Neo Member
Yeah, you're not gonna be able to go online until you create another gamertag. EA are a bunch of shitheads, I've read more topics about this issue on gaf.

well, that would be possible if it was on the ps3. but on the xbox i must buy gold again, which i really don't want to.....
also i just called with both xbox and ea support. but they didn't had a clue either. right now i'm downloading the fifa 11/12 demo because that fixed the problem for some people... if not: never ever an ea game für xbox again...

red731

Soultron,

could you tell Todd, that it would be really awesome to have some MOD FILTERING?
You see, I am wingsuit man when friend is here and we are setting times and booster, when I am alone.

I would appreciate the one click of a button in mod select screen to have fly, boost, speed, armor, solar, ice pick and battery mods close to each other. My eyes are scanning the screen for the mods I need right about now.

...and when you finish the race, I would like to press R2 to scroon through times to see where I am...not just 5 best and no option to turn pages.

Yup, thank you.

And I will be online now so if anyone would like to play some chilloout custom GE, let me know.

JasonMCG, sorry that we havent played - situation here wasnt acceptable for GE xD

red731

patch 1.02 out

from dognamedmoses@MC

http://www.merqurycity.com/ssx_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10341&sid=b94302aab1289c07d52e9c93d2d54b6d

from posts from people at MC
It adds RiderNet Radio - at rivals/badge page.
After 1 run I'd say the classic controls are definitely better in terms of spins and flips
Classic controls definitely feel better now.
What is rider net radio? AND bulldog has a daytime trick as well as serenity daytime. Mt Wakefield looks AMAZING with the sun!!!

HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET DAYTIME

will keep you updated since this is my number one work@work priority now haha

another edit: gondee@MC

Ridernet Radio is cross-mountain chat! Now you can talk to your friends while you play different events!

Major, MAJOR props to Batty and the development team for creating this!

sparks@MC

The classic controlls are FREAKIN AWESOME since the patch.

Totally smashing all my previous scores. Easily getting at least 2+ more flips per trick.... and miles more height on jumps.

All in all, just amazing the difference!!!!

Midian@MC

Minor note: The patch appears to be v1.01 in the UK (possibly all of EU).

whitehawk

Banned
Ridernet Radio is cross-mountain chat! Now you can talk to your friends while you play different events!

Major, MAJOR props to Batty and the development team for creating this!
Why is this so special when we have party chat?

SadAli

Neo Member
Why is this so special when we have party chat?

Party chat is a luxury that we will never know on the PSN.

Nice they've implemented it though it was never near the top of my desired improvements list for this game as each run requires the kind of concentration levels that don't allow idle chit chat. On the plus side I can now share my bail out potty mouth with all the new friends I have made through SSX.

Any news about the size of the patch?

Nice they've implemented it though it was never near the top of my desired improvements list for this game as each run requires the kind of concentration levels that don't allow idle chit chat. On the plus side I can now share my bail out potty mouth with all the new friends I have made through SSX.

Yeah, this is my reaction as well. When I'm playing SSX my wife understands she can talk at me as long as she doesn't expect me to engage in any actual conversation ;p

So I don't see myself using this all that much

Still sounds like a great patch though, excited to try it out.

Top Bottom