• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Bieber stops traffic in LA to confront paparazzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver

Paparazzi are scummy people but that was a pretty lame "confrontation". Just pull over and say your piece, no need to hold up traffic. Some of those people were probably trying to get to work.

Opiate

I'm more amazed by how many people seem to envy his wealth and view it as the end goal -- as if Justin Beiber has reached the finish line and accomplished life's missions.

It's as if people actually live by the phrase "fuck bitches, get paid" seriously. I sort of thought people were being ironic when they said that, but I suppose not.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm more amazed by how many people seem to envy his wealth and view it as the end goal -- as if Justin Beiber has reached the finish line and accomplished life's missions.

It's as if people actually live by the phrase "fuck bitches, get paid" seriously. I sort of thought people were being ironic when they said that, but I suppose not.

His fame and money might actually prevent him from achieving a lot of those goals...others he will have unimpeded access too. Such is the beast.

shaowebb

He can't even go for a drive without stalkers. He tries to get them to leave him alone and they try to say "You driving crazy. You should stop. We got it all on tape man." Seriously, the paparazzi are horrible. They harass a dude on the road until they can get some footage. Any attention is good attention to these guys and its crap. I may not listen to his music, but I respect the fact that he earned what he's got and that he does have talent for what he does and that he has a right to a little personal space.

Opiate

His fame and money might actually prevent him from achieving a lot of those goals...others he will have unimpeded access too. Such is the beast.

Absolutely. There is no statistical correlation between money and happiness beyond ~70k/anum in US dollars; the best hypothesis I've seen is that this is approximately the amount which covers having transportation, having food, owning a house, having insurance for everything important, and then making sure none of those are in immediate danger of repossession (i.e. a huge mortgage). Beyond that, it is not obvious that income and wealth matter.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I appreciate the spirit of the message he was trying to send, but the execution could have been a lot better. Scratching your chin and throwing out snide comments doesn't really teach the paparazzi any lesson. When the one guy said "You're holding up traffic", he should have shot back with "Am I? If my car was the only one stopped, there are lanes on either side to go around me."

bort

Damn why can't Miley and Biebs be BFFs

Miley Cyrus Destroys Photographer at LAX

they both hate the paps a lot

bA3Dx.jpg

Absolutely. There is no statistical correlation between money and happiness beyond ~70k/anum in US dollars; the best hypothesis I've seen is that this is approximately the amount which covers having transportation, having food, owning a house, having insurance for everything important, and then making sure none of those are in immediate danger of repossession (i.e. a huge mortgage). Beyond that, it is not obvious that income and wealth matter.

"Everyone knows money won't make you happy....but everyone wants to find out for themselves."

$70k annually might as well be $100 million for the majority of the world's population though; more than a third of the world population lives on $2 a day.

The median in the US is $44k, and to make $70k you'd need to be in the top 30% of earners. Considering that MOST Americans make less than this and deal with the reality that it entails, it's very presumable that they are going to envy wealth, and not put an arbitrary cutoff on $70k and just "want to be rich like that Beaver kid."

All I'm saying is: Of course most people envy wealth because most people don't have it.

I doubt that well-compensated GAF is looking at Bieber and feeling jealous, more likely it's students and those working low to average wage jobs (which is likely the majority of the board).

Acerac

Banned
I think the most notable part of this thread is that people are accusing Beiber of holding up traffic like it was solely his fault.

.GqueB.

Banned
JGL got pretty close.

I'm still surprised papparazzi exist. Who do they sell their pictures to? Do people really still buy tabloids? Anyone can snap an iPhone photo of Justin Bieber walking down the street. Seems like their jobs would be fading away considering the sheer access we have now.

They sell them to websites, tabloids, newspapers etc etc. And yes people still buy tabloids. You can snap a photo of a celeb but the papparazzi are mostly there for the shots you can't get. Which is why you often hear of them camping outside of houses and at beaches.

This wouldn't bother me at all if I were rich as hell like him.

Lol yes it would.

Acerac

Banned
I'm an attention whore though , i would probably end up conversing with the paparazzis.

I think you underestimate how often they would be following you. At first I'm sure most people would be able to deal with it, people who love the attention might get a kick out of it for a few months.

That said, I don't think there's anyone who would be happy if they couldn't walk out of their front door or go for a casual drive without being swarmed with cameras over the long term. You could be the exception to the rule though.

Zee-Row

Banned
People say , "Oh, you couldn't handle the type of life that these celebrities go through!" Just give me one chance to live a life like this and i will take it and smile!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was a three lane street. Paps was in one lane, Beibers was in another and a minivan was in the last lane. They all seemed open and there was no bottleneck down the road. So, why is paps trying to make it out like it's Beibers' fault alone traffic is getting held up? Also, what the hell was the minivan doing, were they paparazi too?

akira28

he acts like he can't hire a Heavy to corner one of the Paparazzos, beat the ever living crapshit out of them, and then tell them to go warn their friends. It's not like he can't make that problem go away...

kaioshade

Car is crazy. Would love to have something like that as a daily driver.

To anyone saying money isn't everything, youre wrong.

i wish nothing but awful things to happen to paparazzi. truly scum and when im supreme ruler of the milky way, im sending all of them to a faraway planet to rot

Chiggs

He's kind of a douche for stopping traffic.

I appreciate the spirit of the message he was trying to send, but the execution could have been a lot better. Scratching your chin and throwing out snide comments doesn't really teach the paparazzi any lesson. When the one guy said "You're holding up traffic", he should have shot back with "Am I? If my car was the only one stopped, there are lanes on either side to go around me."

Actually, that would have been perfect.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
He's kind of a douche for stopping traffic.

THe only people he "stopped" were the paparazzi... and they had the option to go around him, but didn't, so he wasn't really stopping them, either?

You want to know why they stopped? Because they're scum that stalk people for a living. If Justin stops, they stop, regardless of whether or not they need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom