• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin |OT| D.Brine collects his P45

RBH

There's an issue wearing socks with sandals?

I always wear socks with my Adidas sandals.

Batmansad.gif

Khrno

I'm at the O2. Hell of alot of CM Punk shirts and YES! chants in the lobby. No Daniel Bryan shirts at the merch stand though. :(

That's ridiculous, I can't believe (actually I can) the WWE underestimated the sales potential of YES/Bryan.

The shirt was sold out from their first shipment and put in backorder on WWEshop.com, my shirt was shipped from the second shipment, but in the website is sold out again, it has probably been like that since last monday, and they are just trying to fulfill pre-orders.

They did have some shirts for the Euro tour, but they must have sell them all in the first house shows. Vince must be cursing (himself) the merchandising team for all the lost euros and pounds.

Batman wears a cape and he can't fly. He has no reason to be shaking his head.

Batman's cape makes more sense than capes on flying characters.

Socks and sandals are bad, but I don't get "the blacks" the same way Vince does so maybe you get special rules. I do know you get away with wearing purple a whole lot easier.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's ridiculous, I can't believe (actually I can) the WWE underestimated the sales potential of YES/Bryan.

The shirt was sold out from their first shipment and put in backorder on WWEshop.com, my shirt was shipped from the second shipment, but in the website is sold out again, it has probably been like that since last monday, and they are just trying to fulfill pre-orders.

They did have some shirts for the Euro tour, but they must have sell them all in the first house shows. Vince must be cursing (himself) the merchandising team for all the lost euros and pounds.

They made and starting selling these shirts less then a week from WrestleMania, it's in high demand, ofcourse they don't have millions of shirts yet.

It's a good sign.

Kyoufu

The Rock says:

"BREAKING NEWS: Wrestlemania 28 sets all time PPV buys & one day global gross record. #TeamBringItWorldwide THANK YOU!"

Aiii

So not worth it
With Brock, Rock and maybe Austin vs. Punk and Cena vs. Taker next year I expect that record to not hold for long.

rvd2kewl

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/wrestlemania-ppv-record

WrestleMania XXVIII sets pay-per-view record

WWE announced that WrestleMania XXVIII, held April 1 at Sun Life Stadium in Miami, set new records for pay-per-view buys and gross sales.

Preliminary estimates show that WrestleMania, featuring the historic “Once in a Lifetime” Match between The Rock and John Cena, garnered 1.3 million pay-per-view buys with global gross sales in excess of $67 million including the live event.

WrestleMania was seen around the world on pay-per-view in more than 105 countries and 20 languages.

Next year’s WrestleMania will take place Sunday, April 7, 2013, at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. Ticket information will be announced later this year.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Punk doesnt deserve Austin, Orton does.

I like this poster.

Ortono vs. Austin seems interminably better than Punk/Austin only because of the build of the match. If Punk was still his 'summer of punk' self, then I'd enjoy the match, but since he's John Cena 2.0, I'd much rather Orton/Austin.

Ultratech

Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather had 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

somedevil

I find it weird that they broke the buy record but you wouldn't know that by the ratings they were getting up till the show.

Also, this wrestlemania made Daniel Bryan in a weird way by losing in 18 seconds because whats happening now with the new Yes shirt and it selling like crazy. Would of this happened if he lost a 15-20 minute match with Sheamus?

Looking at the records, they sure as hell didn't get the all-time PPV buys at 1.3/1.4 mil.

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather has 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

I think they mean they broke their own pay per view buy record not the all time one.

DKehoe

Gold Member

De La Hoya vs. Mayweather has 2.4 mil PPV buys from 2007 with around $120 mil generated in revenue.

I was guessing he was meaning the Wrestling PPV record which was held by Wrestlemania 23 (the trump one) which I think got 1.25 million buys.

UberTag

Vince plays the long term game. We may think that he never books a month in advance, but that's just because no one can understand his genius.
I have high expectations for D.Brine's match at Extreme Rules especially seeing how he hasn't wrestled for any length on television or pay-per-view since March 26th when he was tagging with GAF's Favorite Wrestler vs. Boreton & Too Many Limes.

No... last week's joke match against Mean Gene Okerlund doesn't count.

Chopper

R-Truth just beat Swagger on Superstars. Long match. Alot of the London crowd chanting for Swagger. Nice match.

EDIT: Crowd is hot. Raw should be fun.

WWE announced the match stipulation for Brock vs Cena

Exteme Rules Matches are no-disqualification and no-countout in nature. With virtually all rules out the window, the only way to win such a contest is by pinfall or submission.

At least it looks like we won't have to put up with a bs finish.

Top Bottom