• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Wii U, new Mario and Mario Kart @ E3 this year

F-Zero is not coming back, friend.

I'm so sorry.

You are gonna eat those words! Not only is it in Nintendo Land, its also an Ambassador game on 3DS and the way Miyamoto talked about it last was clearly a hint at something in the works. I really expect F-Zero 3DS to be announced soon in a Nintendo Direct or possibly will hold it for an e3 surprise.

daxy

Not surprising. Out of these three I'm only hopeful for Mario to bring something somewhat fresh to the franchise. Surely it won't be another in the NSMB line.

Looks like a bunch of remakes, rereleases and rehashes to me.

WHERE IS F-ZERO FUCKYOU

A Nintendo Land minigame is all we get. GX was too perfect.
Would instantly jump on the Wii U train for an F-Zero, even if they just HD remake the damn thing and add online multiplayer :')

^ really don't hope it's gonna be (only) a 3DS game. The visual fidelity GX brought at the time is something I'd like to see it replicate on Wii U.

Sandfox

Mario, Smash and whatever game Retro puts out has me interested in Nintendo's conference. I probably won't be picking up Mario Kart but I'm interested in seeing what they do with the franchise.

Retro

With new hardware from Sony and Microsoft appearing along with whatever NEW ips they introduce? Hell no.

Games are always more interesting to me than Hardware. I just don't get hot and bothered by tech specs and plastic case design.

As for the new IPs, aren't we still waiting for the IPs they already have to come out? Last Guardian, for example?

RoKKeR

Why do I feel that I'm going to end up with all of the next gen consoles by 2014's end.

C'mon Nintendo, you aren't making it easy.

Akey

Banned
I would imagine this either means Retro is working on one of those 3 titles or an original IP? Here is hoping for a new IP.

Games are always more interesting to me than Hardware. I just don't get hot and bothered by tech specs and plastic case design.

Well it’s a good thing that a whole heap of new games are gonna be announced along with the consoles eh? It's not just new consoles.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
christ, bombs dropped, world is aflame

now I just need to see a single screenshot of Mario U and my juice will fly to the stratosphere

Alex

Really want to see Mario Kart the most, oddly. I don't play many racing titles but 7 really pulled me back into the franchise in a big way. Had a lot of fun doing little quick burst online matches. Would love to see something bigger and more expansive, now.

Darryl

Banned
Mario Wii U won't be in 2013. WW HD, Mario Kart and pokemon will be the Holiday line up.

if it's not in 2013 than it's in holiday of 2014 and that's a long time to be showing off a playable demo at E3. they still have Retro's game for Holiday of 2014.

Ezalc

XXMQ0X5.jpg

lol

That twitter account lmao.

Can't wait for the Smash unveil, hopefully it won't disappoint this time.

73V3N

Banned
This E3 is going to be awesome, they didn't say Zelda because they want a surprise announcement like in 2004

Sandfox

I'm really curious as to what Retro is going to announce given that Yoshi turned out to be a Good-Feel game. I'm guessing its going to be either a new Metroid or Star Fox given the hints we have and either of those would be pretty interesting.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Retro is probably making Mario Kart.

Roo

Mario Wii U won't be in 2013. WW HD, Mario Kart and pokemon will be the Holiday line up.

Actually, I think it will the other way around.
Mario Kart U/8 till 2014 (April or so, just like Mario Kart Wii)
and Mario Wii U with a 2013 Holiday release date

ChaosXVI

I will weep with absolute despair if Retro's title is the new Mario Kart...I am not all that into racing games, and I don't see any Mario Kart topping Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed.

Still, I am hyper excited about new 3D Mario, Galaxy 2 is my game of this generation, without a doubt.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Not surprised, but definitely hyped. Just show me Takamaru in SSB already!

guek

Banned

Shut your filthy mouth you piece of-

*coughcoughrubblerabblecough*

I meant to say, nay! Certainly not, good sir!

Really, either they're making StarFox, Metroid, or a new IP. That's the only reality I'm willing to live in! la-la-la-la-la-la

Sandfox

I kinda doubt that since they've been working on a game that people have been wanting them to work on apparently and that wouldn't make sense given the people they've hired for the game(though I could be wrong). Nintendo has a group just for Mario Kart games so Retro making MK8 would be disappointing.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Shut your filthy mouth you piece of-

*coughcoughrubblerabblecough*

I meant to say, nay! Certainly not, good sir!

You listen here punk, and you listen good. You know what I wanted out of this direct? Just one thing. Just one. A new The Wonderful 101 trailer. I didn't expect anything else because fuck Nintendo's unpredictable bullshit. All I wanted was that.

And I got it.

Then I got a Bayonetta 2 developer diary and I was like "okay cool something extra, my expectations have been exceeded!", because that game is second to TW101 as my most anticipated Wii U title. Smooth sailing, with a bonus.

Oh but no. Nintendo couldn't stop there. They had to pull some bullshit and do the whole Xenoblade 2 thing, a spiritual sequel to the only traditional JRPG I really loved over the previous generation. And on top of this they went and confirmed Smash 4, Mario, and Mario Kart for E3. And showed some new Yoshi thing that might be cool.

I've got nothing left to bitch about and that makes me upset. So I'm gonna spread bad joojoo regarding Retro because that's all I've got.

You listen here punk, and you listen good. You know what I wanted out of this direct? Just one thing. Just one. A new The Wonderful 101 trailer. I didn't expect anything else because fuck Nintendo's unpredictable bullshit. All I wanted was that.

And I got it.

Then I got a Bayonetta 2 developer diary and I was like "okay cool something extra, my expectations have been exceeded!", because that game is second to TW101 as my most anticipated Wii U title. Smooth sailing, with a bonus.

Oh but no. Nintendo couldn't stop there. They had to pull some bullshit and do the whole Xenoblade 2 thing, a spiritual sequel to the only traditional JRPG I really loved over the previous generation. And on top of this they went and confirmed Smash 4, Mario, and Mario Kart for E3. And showed some new Yoshi thing that might be cool.

I've got nothing left to bitch about and that makes me upset. So I'm gonna spread bad joojoo regarding Retro because that's all I've got.

And Wind Waker HD remake ;)

Frillen

Already an awesome E3 for Nintendo then. Retro's game should be there as well (they might be the ones who actually make Mario Kart Wii U though). I also expect a 3DS Zelda game to be showcased at E3.

ASIS

Lol @ people saying this isn't big news because its expected.

I mean we might as well not hype next gen uncharted or halo because... They are coming?

kinggroin

Banned
How can you be a gamer and not be excited for...well...everything that's happening (about to happen) in our hobby this summer?

I'm in a very good mood.

guek

Banned

And I got it.

tumblr_m0val3wGkn1r0kx5qo1_500.jpg

All I hear is the sound of baby mario wailing.

In all seriousness, I'm glad that we have some assurance that nintendo's E3 conference will be at least worth watching. It's sad that that's the bar but it is what it is!

Bgamer90

Banned
Lol @ people saying this isn't big news because its expected.

I mean we might as well not hype next gen uncharted or halo because... They are coming?

Or maybe because those games will more than likely be bigger steps up from their predecessors on older consoles in comparison to the upcoming exclusive Wii U Nintendo games.

You are comparing "AAA movie spectacle-like" games to "typical" video games.

Top Bottom