• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Sophie |OT| The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book

Arthea

Thinking about buying this game. I already have the entire Arland series (Rorona, Totori, and Meruru) but have not completed them all yet. I heard this one has new mechanics and doesn't pressure the time as much. Is that true? Even if not, is it still an OK place to start, even if I haven't finished the Arland series (or even played the Dusk series)?
There are no time limits in this game, although it might seem there are at the start, but there isn't really.
You can start with Sophie, yes. It's the first game in Mysterious trilogy, not really related with Dusk or Arland subseries.

Thinking about buying this game. I already have the entire Arland series (Rorona, Totori, and Meruru) but have not completed them all yet. I heard this one has new mechanics and doesn't pressure the time as much. Is that true? Even if not, is it still an OK place to start, even if I haven't finished the Arland series (or even played the Dusk series)?

What you heard is correct. There's only one missable trophy in the entire game, and it's not difficult (you just need to show up when your friend tells you to); everything else can be done at your own pace. It's a great place to start and requires no knowledge of any previous games.

pariah164

There are no time limits in this game, although it might seem there are at the start, but there isn't really.
You can start with Sophie, yes. It's the first game in Mysterious trilogy, not really related with Dusk or Arland subseries.
What you heard is correct. There's only one missable trophy in the entire game, and it's not difficult (you just need to show up when your friend tells you to); everything else can be done at your own pace. It's a great place to start and requires no knowledge of any previous games.
Awesome to hear. Thanks guys.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Pretty early in the game.

This is my first Atelier game and got recommended by a friend.
So far so good.

What does the yella note mean, checked the encyclopedia didnt find anything mention that on the UI.
P.S I was very very tired so it might have been explained like seconds prior to me noticing it...but thought id just get info quick fast and get back to the game on Sunday

g3ZiHvY.jpg

Lelcar

This was my first Atelier game and I loved it, it takes a little while for the game to open up its options to the player, but it gets way better as the game goes.

I played Escha & Logy afterwards and it's not nearly as good, but it was still a nice Vita game to play.

Top Bottom