• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

Silav101

This is the question I want answered (because Thanatos comes out next week and Daaaaaaaamn)

Izanagi Picaro gets Null Phys and Growth 3, which are pretty useful things to fuse onwards.

Orpheus Picaro gets Maragion and Agidyne and Fire Boost, Matarunda and Matarukaja, pretty nifty to pass on, too.

Mine was made using Izanagi Picaro, so it ended up with Cadenza (amazing party heal), Maragion, Agidyne, Null Phys, Growth 3, Matarunda and Matarukaja, and some other stuff I forget.

Edit: Agidyne with Fire Boost at low levels (due to the Fool slink leveling up rather quickly) is pretty bonkers. Izanagi Picaro with Cross Slash is a spectacular single target killer, if the enemy is not resistant/immune to physical damage.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Raidou dlc accessory surprised me. Decreases skill cost by 25%. Wew lad. Thats not a bad early game accessory until you get level 3 sp adhesives. And even then its pretty good.

marmoka

Banned
How does the BGM-part work in those costume-packs?

For SMT IV, you hear the game's battle theme, and the battle over theme.

If you fight against bosses and minibosses, default P5 themes, instead of SMT themes.

Cool costumes, but the soundtrack content is disappointing.

duckroll

So now that all the DLC is out, what's everyone's final haul? Did you grab some? None? All?

I ended up pumping 50 bucks worth of credit codes from Amazon into my US account to buy:

- Persona 3 Costume Set
- Dancing All Night Costume Set
- Catherine Costume Set
- Orpheus and Orpheus Picaro
- Kaguya and Kaguya Picaro
- Thanatos and Thanatos Picaro
- Izanagi and Izanagi Picaro
- Magatsu-Izanagi and Magatsu-Izanagi Picaro
- Ariadne and Ariadne Picaro
- Asterius and Asterius Picaro
- Tsukiyomi and Tsukiyomi Picaro
- Messiah and Messiah Picaro
- Morgana Dynamic Theme

Might buy the Makoto Dynamic Theme too.

Overall I feel that there's good effort put into a lot of the costumes I bought in terms of modeling and design, but I'm pretty disappointed by the game's implementation of the outfits. Not only are they only visible in dungeons and battles, but they aren't even consistently in all dungeon scenes. Most story scenes revert to the default outfits, and they didn't go the extra mile to have different portraits for the costumes when they're talking. Furthermore, Futaba really gets shafted because the only time you will ever see her costumes are when she's standing around at the entrance of a dungeon, or chilling in a safe room/rest area. Even when she pops up to do her buffs in battles, she is in her normal outfit. Really disappointing there. But when they do show up in battle for the party characters, the Dancing All Night and Catherine costumes are really great and add great visual variety to the game.

As for the DLC Persona, I think they're all fantastic, very strong, very useful, but totally pay2win DLC. Hard to see it any other way. Each one comes with a special unique skill that doesn't exist in the rest of the game, and it cannot be inherited because it is completely broken. Aside from that they also have very strong skills available at much lower levels than usual, which can hence be easily inherited into fusions for that Persona tier making even stronger Persona really quickly.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
These DLCs are everything that is wrong about video game DLCs.

Very overpriced for what is offered, lazy implementations, pay2win.... ugly all around :/

So now that all the DLC is out, what's everyone's final haul? Did you grab some? None? All?

Current Haul for me:

- Persona 3 Costume Set
- SMTIV Costume Set
- Raidou Costume Set

The DAN set is incredible, it's easily my favorite purchase. Love how it went the mile to make original designs for each of the P5 characters, unlike the other crossover sets. Planning on picking up the Catherine costumes down the line, and grabbing one of the themes (probably Makoto as well). Might also pick up a couple of Personas (Thanatos and Messiah, probably) for my NG+ runs.

Kvik

Why can't they consolidate these costumes into a megapack with a lower total cost, to make it more attractive? XSEED has the right idea with the CS costumes megapack only costing $20.

$60 is way too much when the costumes can only be seen sporadically for some characters.

CSX

Just bought all the persona dlcs but no cosmetics outside of the free ones.

DLC whoring to see my boys Izanagi and Jesus in 1080p

Sub_Level

My haul

- Persona 2
- Persona 3
- Raidou

Not interested in the personas. I like how the game is balanced and don't wanna mess with it too much. Although of course the costumes have new accessories.

tsundoku

bought all the skins
get fuuucked cheapskates

bought izanagi and orpheus on day 1 and had to throw all of them out except for regular izanagi to make room for low level personas to fuse

izanagi has been super useful for equipping to have high defense to suss out a monster's tricks or if i get stuck in a healing loop slowly damaging some enemy down i'll just switch to it and smack stuff

still mostly just use normal personas for their cheaper spells and hit weaknesses and still get swept by the red mobs if i get careless/too many misses and they spam their full party nukes

duckroll

Totally missed that Catherine is on sale for 7 bucks and while I love so much of what I've seen from the game, I never actually played it through before other than the demo. So... this means with 4 bucks in my wallet, I will be funding another 10 bucks via Amazon and picking it up.... along with the Raido costume set that I decided not to get yesterday. Atlus finds a way to squeeze that money out of me anyway! RIP!

- Persona 3 Costume Set
- Persona 4 Costume Set
- Catherine Costume Set
- Devil Summoner 2 Costume Set
- SMT4 Costume Set
- Thanatos and Thanatos Picaro
- Magatsu-Izanagi and Magatsu-Izanagi Picaro
- Messiah and Messiah Picaro
- Protag Dynamic Theme
- Makoto Dynamic Theme
- All free DLCs

I could've bought 2-3 games on sale with that money. I felt bad for not getting my boy Orpheus.

I wish there is a PE uniform DLC. Its such a shame that we only got to wear it once the whole game and never see it again except for Haru wearing it on the rooftop. It looked so good on the MC and Ryuji.

Are the other Dynamic Themes going to be available in the US Store? I think they are from the japanese store. I saw this full team one with Life will Change as the music. That is hype as fuck.

Gator86

Finished the game a couple days ago and didn't spend a dime. I don't like anything about this DLC. The staggered release, unique Persona skills not available elsewhere, the price, etc. Thanks, but no thanks. The personas bother me more than the costumes because they just feel like cut content to make extra DLC cash.

That said, if people want to spend extra money, helping ensure another Persona game, I'm not going to heckle them for it.

Sub_Level

Finished the game a couple days ago and didn't spend a dime. I don't like anything about this DLC. The staggered release, unique Persona skills not available elsewhere, the price, etc. Thanks, but no thanks. The personas bother me more than the costumes because they just feel like cut content to make extra DLC cash.

That said, if people want to spend extra money, helping ensure another Persona game, I'm not going to heckle them for it.

If you ever play through the game again don't forget to get the 4 free costume DLCs!

Casual set, swimsuit, maid/butler, and christmas.

Atolm

I have Izanagi & Izanagi Pícaro from the digital pre-order and yeah it's almost P2W. He's so overpowered with Growth 3 (and really early too, at lvl28) and Null Phys he carried me all the way from lvl1 to almost 50 playing on Hard difficulty. By then you can max the Twins Confidant and fuse lvl80+ Persona so the game loses any semblance of difficulty.

I bought Thanatos because it's my favourite Persona in the series and he's useful on NG+ with Doors of Hades since it's insta-kill on trash mobs.

Haven't bought any of the cosmetic ones but now that I'm almost at the Platinum I don"t think I will. Pity because they seem to add a much-needed variety to music and outfits.

RPGCrazied

None. Just because of the fact it only shows up in Mementos/Palaces. For something so pricey they should show up everywhere except maybe school and FMV obviously.

Top Bottom