• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 DLC Price and Release Dates

Jeels

I'll get the Catherine pack and that's it. Not worried about it releasing so late since I still have FFXV and Zelda to finish before I start P5.

Catherine and P4 sets are a definite, DAN and P3 maybes, can skip the rest.

Thankfully the only Persona's I'd really way are the Izanagi ones, and I'm pretty sure I get them free for preordering digitally.

I'm confused, that's missing three additional sets that Japan got for free (Christmas outfits, Casual outfits and Maid/Butler outfits), I wonder if they included them in the game instead of making them DLCs.
The SMT If and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax sets are also missing.
The Persona 1 set is free in Japan too, but I think that was to appease angry fans because of the music so whatever :p

kewlmyc

I guess I'm one of the few not freaking out on the prices because I'm used to Namco's DLC prices of the Tales games, which are just as bad and even worse sometimes.

Gestahl

I really liked that P4G had different sets for Winter as well - do they do this here too?

There are school and casual costumes labeled "winter" but I think those might just be the basic ones you start the game with, never bothered to check.

Matsukaze

For those prices, naw.

giphy.gif

brawly

I want this game to have its own identity, so I'm not interested in dressing the gang up in costumes of days past or listen to old jingles.

Thankfully it all looks like stuff I'll be skip- oh wait, I see persona 2 in there, guess I'll be getting off dlc. I better be able to dress up my waifu as Maya...

213372bu

Banned
Is there free unlockable costumes? Google brings up nothing.

Weird, because IIRC there's different costumes in the trailers.

hampig

Would maybe think of getting one if they came out at launch. Kind of dumb they're coming out staggered like that, I hope to have the game beat within the first 2 or 3 weeks.

It's really depressing how costumes have to bought in every JRPG these days. It wouldn't be so bad if the prices were more reasonable but.... They aren't.

Ponn

Banned
I've already got your Take Your Wallet Edition. You can't even give me that stupid controller skin with that and you want me to fork over $7 for sets of costumes? Piss off. I'm fine with playing the game with the characters you designed for it, don't even have any Christmas outfits in your dlc for crying outloud.

D-Man

Why the hell are these so expensive? I wanted the P2, P3, and SMT IV costumes but I might actually skip 'em now.

I'd recommend that people look into the sets they're interested in before buying them. Raidou description spoilers (if that's a thing)
If I remember right, in the Raidou DLC only the protag has a unique look. Everyone else has mostly generic Raidou school uniforms. No one looks like Tae, or Narumi, or any other important character. I think it's a lot harder to justify buying it because of that.

ramyeon

I'd recommend that people look into the sets they're interested in before buying them. Raidou description spoilers (if that's a thing)
If I remember right, in the Raidou DLC only the protag has a unique look. Everyone else has mostly generic Raidou school uniforms. No one looks like Tae, or Narumi, or any other important character. I think it's a lot harder to justify buying it because of that.
Is there anywhere we can see the complete sets?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$56 to own all 8 costume sets. Ugh, I love the idea & the fact they change BGM is a great touch, but waaay too much. Guess I'll have to be content with the swimsuits or wait for Atlus to put them on sale because Atlus does a sale about every other month.

MrBS

Some dates and prices missing from the OP

11/04 Izagnagi & Izagnagi Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Orpheus & Orpheus Picaro Set USD$2.99
11/04 Persona 3 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
11/04 Persona 4 Costume & Special BGM Set USD$6.99
18/04 Kaguya & Kaguya Picaro Set USD$2.99
18/04 Persona 2 Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
18/04 Thanatos & Thanatos Picaro Set USD$2.99
25/04 Persona 4 Dancing All Night Costume & BGM Special Set USD$6.99
25/04 Persona 5 Swimsuit Set Free