• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PROMETHEUS Full Theatrical Trailer (2:32) + International UK trailer (2:47)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

1OW5I.jpg

Danielsan

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the hype for this thing. It looks like a well put together summer blockbuster, but I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about aside from the fact that it's Ridley Scott trying to recapture his Alien days.

Zeliard

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the hype for this thing. It looks well put together, but I don't see what all the hullabaloo is about aside from the fact that it's Ridley Scott trying to recapture is Alien days.

First of all, Ridley Scott returning to sci-fi should be enough to get excited. :p

Secondly, look at the visuals and the sheer scope of the thing. Those aspects come through strongly in the trailer.

And Idris Elba is terrified.

nomis

fffffuuuuuu dat lighting

First of all, Ridley Scott returning to sci-fi should be enough to get excited. :p

Secondly, look at the visuals and the sheer scope of the thing. Those aspects come through strongly in the trailer.

And Idris Elba is terrified.

Infinite scope

Infinite budget

Is what this trailer looks like.

Replicant

Ether_Snake said:
Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:
Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

WTF? That sounds like the plot of Mass Defect.

I do feel that they revealed way too many plot points though
This was my first thought as well (well, second after "holy f*ck this is AMAZING"); it's a trailer that gives away too much if you're paying attention at all. And since this looks to be shoe-in for "Movie of the Year" you are definitely paying attention.

I think I'm going dark after this one. See you guys in the theater! :D

Zeliard

Looks like a fun movie. So I read some stuff. This is like a sequel to Alien? wtf

It's not a sequel, but they're clearly related. Ridley Scott keeps trying to pretend they barely have anything in common but nobody is buying that.

Post #57 in this thread also features a hilariously conspicuous capture from the trailer.

Forkball

Looks awesome.

Really think the plot is as the title implies:

Aliens left "beacons" throughout the galaxy, so that if humans stumbled on them, it would send something to Earth to attack humans and bring them back to a primitive state, and this would happen again and again forever. Basically, some sort of weapon that prevents intelligent species from becoming too advanced, without having to keep tabs on them 24/7. This fits with the Prometheus myth, who gave the forbidden fire to mankind and was punished by being tied to a mountain where a bird (logo seen in the trailer, and original alien concept had wings) would forever eat his self-regenerating liver (symbolizing life forms constantly being reduced back to primitive forms when they "heal").

You know, this is almost certainly the story. I can't think of any alternatives.

Also:

Giorgio-A.-Tsoukalos.jpg

I've got to wonder if this can break the R-rated opening weekend that's been held by Matrix Reloaded for nearly a decade (this will be R-rated, right?). That trailer blew my balls off, and having IMAX 3D is going up the gross a huge amount.

Dead

well not really...yet
I'm probably never going to see any zinger bigger than this.
I highly doubt this film would be made as it is, if at all, if it weren't for Cameron's previous film and his return to filmmaking. It takes one of the juggernauts of the genre to inspire another to return, thats all there is to it.

rififi

Can't believe I still have to wait until June.

One thing I love about Ridley Scott is that he would rather film the actual thing than rely completely on CGI:
I’m a great believer in filming the real thing if you can and so I did a lot of building the real thing.
which I always found has much better results (Avatar always seemed a little off to me despite the impressive tech):

The art direction especially, the score, the cast, the director- all of that is why people should be excited (unless you don't like sci-fi, then I can't help you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom