• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation Thread 2: Can't take anymore of this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadist

I'm not expecting a lot at GDC, because it's confirmed that the booth will have a lot of 3DS units.

Guess they'll be showing off Kid Icarus/Luigi's Mansion 2/Spirit Camera and possibly Paper Mario/Mario Tennis.

Rhod

I'm not expecting a lot at GDC, because it's confirmed that the booth will have a lot of 3DS units.

Guess they'll be showing off Kid Icarus/Luigi's Mansion 2/Spirit Camera and possibly Paper Mario/Mario Tennis.

You are wise.

Hopefully something emerges from this Nintendo/AMD/Crytek partnership.

GDC sales rep contacts Nintendo events rep: Same booth this year? Sure! OK cool. Repeats for Crytek. The end.

Haha, ;)

Seriously though I want them to spill the beans on some basics myself, but to spill too much so close to E3 would kind of ruin the impact E3 would have. They don't want to have information overload at E3 either so sometimes they announce things ahead of E3 to get it out of the way before the main event. Maybe they will announce they are using Steam/Origin for the backbone of the Nintendo Network. That would be exciting no? That's been speculated before and it's wouldn't come as a big suprise to get it out of the way before E3. The Re-revealing of the Wii U at E3 has to have maximum impact to make people forget how awful last E3 was when it was first shown. To do that the big guns aint coming out till then imo.

I do agree that they wont share that much at GDC but they do need something saving everything for E3 is not as important as keeping a fever high hype on a launch year.

I think hardware launches are more fun than E3 anyway so I am looking forward to any info I can have on the hardware. You can always have a bad E3 Presentation no matter how good your products are. I much rather have consistant news.

z0m3le

Banned
Speaking of which, I reckon Nintendo at GDC may show some new stuff for 3DS - i.e. launch dates, footage and details for already announced games and new unannounced games - keeping secretive about WiiU until E3.

I would like them to show off WiiU just because I cannot stand the hype anymore, but thinking of it rationally, right now it's 3DS that needs more steam in order to keep the momentum - that's to say they need to announce some big titles for Q3 and Q4 2012 - furthermore IIRC they stated it clear that they were going to reveal WiiU at E3, so I wouldn't put my hopes too high.

I think Nintendo will do fine with the games we know about this year for 3DS, the competition in the handheld market isn't a problem really, 3DS has already started to roll down the mountain, by this time next year, it will be an unstoppable cartoon-ishly big snow ball, all they really need to show us is a new Zelda for the thing, and I think people will be more than happy.

Wii U on the other hand, has to win over the PS360 users as much as it can in the 18months following this e3, if it can hit ~12m units before Xbox3 comes, Nintendo has a high chance of leading next gen, especially if PS4 is a 2014 console, but Nintendo will need that head start, so devs can focus on creating their new tools for it, and down porting to the HD twins and cross porting to the Xbox3, it's the only logical route for the devs to take at that point, unless I'm overlooking something.

-Misread your post, thought you meant they should focus on 3DS at e3, I agree with you 100%

11redder

You don't think they'll stop by $129? GameCube skipped it, but that was disaster mode, not end-of-generation coasting.

Sony going away wouldn't mean a long-term monopoly any more than when Sega went away. Hell, if we went to the extreme and pretended every PS3 sale was instead an additional Wii sale, it would still only be ~PS2 level dominant.

PS2 took 5 years and 9 months to reach 100m units, which gives Wii until Aug 19th 2012 to catch up, which it won't do at the pace its been selling since the start of 2011. The weird thing about the PS2 was that it sold an additional 50m units after the then next gen started.

If you're taking percentage of sales, if this generation ended right now and not a single additional unit of PS360 was sold going forward, Wii would have to sold more than 420m units ltd to match the PS2's level of dominance or 230m ltd to have the same unit lead over the competition combined.

wsippel

Banned
Does it really matter?

http://source.theengineer.co.uk/ele...rovide-high-speed-performance/2005836.article

Spec talk, a polish company blew intel tech out of the water. 56 percent faster then intel at the same clock frequency.

It may be too late for Wii-U to impliment this but what about ps4 or xbox3?
It's not 57% faster, it's 57 times faster. But it's an 8051 clone - an 8bit microcontroller from 1980. Those things are still in use, as USB controllers and such, but completely irrelevant here.

z0m3le

Banned
Speaking about CPUs, I assume the rumor about IBM making 1 CPU for consoles and trying to sell it to Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony makes the most sense... I am pretty confident that Nintendo would buy a CPU that is being used by Xbox3, and I don't think Microsoft would have any real problem with it, as long as it can easily emulate 360... We know Wii U is easy to port from 360 games, so this wouldn't surprise me in the least... Sony however, will probably continue to push Cell, and maybe it's smart to do so, PS3 was under powered GPU wise, but it came out slightly more powerful thanks to Cell. -Does anyone know where this IBM rumor came from, I read it here in this thread or the previous one, maybe bg posted it? (since he does love IBM CPU talk)

btw, pretty sure Xbox3's hardware is pretty much locked in at this point, setting side very minor adjustments, they already have dev kits out if IGN is to be believed.

I think Nintendo will do fine with the games we know about this year for 3DS, the competition in the handheld market isn't a problem really, 3DS has already started to roll down the mountain, by this time next year, it will be an unstoppable cartoon-ishly big snow ball, all they really need to show us is a new Zelda for the thing, and I think people will be more than happy.

Wii U on the other hand, has to win over the PS360 users as much as it can in the 18months following this e3, if it can hit ~12m units before Xbox3 comes, Nintendo has a high chance of leading next gen, especially if PS4 is a 2014 console, but Nintendo will need that head start, so devs can focus on creating their new tools for it, and down porting to the HD twins and cross porting to the Xbox3, it's the only logical route for the devs to take at that point, unless I'm overlooking something.

-Misread your post, thought you meant they should focus on 3DS at e3, I agree with you 100%

As for now 3DS's outlook for 2012 is good, but aside from Animal crossing - but mainly in Japan to some extent - there are no games expected to be big sellers like Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Monster hunter 3G.

Luigi's mansion and Paper Mario and may turn out to be great games and Kid Icarus has got the potential to grow up to be a popular IP, but they're hardly appealing to mass market and Nintendo should have more tricks up its sleeve if it wants to keep steadily the lead in the handheld market; OK, for the time being 3DS is faring well but Nintendo cannot rest on its laurels, by November-December 2012 3DS will need something else than Mario kart 7 and SM3DL, and the new 2D Mario game could do the trick, and I expect them to make some other surprise between GDC and E3.

On the other hand, WiiU supposedly isn't going to launch before June, so simply they don't need to hurry to leak anything until E3, by the way I suppose they don't want to give away any informations beforehand not to give their competitors time to take the appropriate steps to counter them with their new consoles - i.e. they may implement some WiiU's new features on the fly on PS4/NextBox - so most likely they'll have their lips sealed until E3.

Salvadora

As for now 3DS's outlook for 2012 is good, but aside from Animal crossing - but mainly in Japan to some extent - there are no games expected to be big sellers like Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land and Monster hunter 3G.

Luigi's mansion and Paper Mario and may turn out to be great games and Kid Icarus has got the potential to grow up to be a popular IP, but they're hardly appealing to mass market and Nintendo should have more tricks up its sleeve if it wants to keep steadily the lead in the handheld market; OK, for the time being 3DS is faring well but Nintendo cannot rest on its laurels, by November-December 2012 3DS will need something else than Mario kart 7 and SM3DL, and the new 2D Mario game could do the trick, and I expect them to make some other surprise between GDC and E3.

On the other hand, WiiU supposedly isn't going to launch before June, so simply they don't need to hurry to leak anything until E3, by the way I suppose they don't want to give away any informations beforehand not to give their competitors time to take the appropriate steps to counter them.

Monster hunter 4?

It's not that hard for the 3DS to keep the lead in the handheld market, since there is no competition ;-). I know there is the Vita, but I doubt that it will ever be a threat to Nintendo, Sony knew this as well, that's why they've decided to cater to a different (niche) market.

z0m3le

Banned

On the other hand, WiiU supposedly isn't going to launch before June, so simply they don't need to hurry to leak anything until E3, by the way I suppose they don't want to give away any informations beforehand not to give their competitors time to take the appropriate steps to counter them with their new consoles - i.e. they may implement some WiiU's new features on the fly on PS4/NextBox - so most likely they'll have their lips sealed until E3.

Yeah, I see it just as you do, until E3, Nintendo should just push 3DS, at E3, they should give us something like Zelda 3DS and DKCR3D, even if these games hit around this time next year, that should secure the steam for 3DS, with NSMB coming this year and paper mario, kid icarus and luigi's mansion is perfect. I am interested to see what Ubisoft does with AC, if they bring it over to 3DS in all it's glory, it's possible for the first time on a handheld from nintendo... also COD and some other games will sow up the western market well.

I think you could be right about Wii U, but Sony and Microsoft are so far out, I think they will be able to add stuff even after Wii U launches, remember six-axis... nothing is going to stop those companies from copying, Microsoft already has a tablet controller that they might sell separately, which to honest makes a ton of sense as Devs will code all their ports with the option, since the coding will basically already be there from the Wii U version.

Monster hunter 4?

I don't think they'll launch Monster hunter in 2012.

First of all, enough evidence of it methinks is that MH3G is going to be launched in Western countries in fall 2012 - it would make more sense for several different reasons to release MH4 worldwide instead if it was about to be released in a few months - so I think in the meantime they'll probably keep milking it in Japan releasing a budget edition to prepare the ground for Monster Hunter 4, that may hit the shelves in Japan by May 2013 - but it could be even later than that.

Aside from this speculation, just think that pretty much all we have from MH4 is just a short teaser; for all we know it could have nothing to spare with the final build, and if we have to assume they're doing it up from scratch, with a completely new engine and new gameplay features from Tri, in my understanding they're going to need more than only a year to complete the game's development, unless they rushed it(and I think that's not the case).

Salvadora

I don't think they'll launch Monster hunter in 2012.

First of all, enough evidence of it methinks is that MH3G is going to be launched in Western countries in fall 2012 - it would make more sense for several different reasons to release MH4 worldwide instead if it was about to be released in a few months - so I think in the meantime they'll probably keep milking it in Japan releasing a budget edition to prepare the ground for Monster Hunter 4, that may hit the shelves in Japan by May 2013 - but it could be even later than that.

Aside from this speculation, just think that pretty much all we have from MH4 is just a short teaser; for all we know it could have nothing to spare with the final build, and if we have to assume they're doing it up from scratch, with a completely new engine and new gameplay features from Tri, in my understanding they're going to need more than only a year to complete the game's development, unless they rushed it(and I think that's not the case).

They have 2 teams. MH4 was developed alongside 3G, Its entirely possible.
Edit: I expect a Pokemon game in september.

It's not that hard for the 3DS to keep the lead in the handheld market, since there is no competition ;-).

Nintendo can't be too much self-confident and take the success for granted, and the supposed lack of competitors should not be an excuse for a poor effort software-wise, people are not going to buy 3DS without games just for the sake of it - even if Vita was discontinued theoretically - it takes more than that.

I know there is the Vita, but I doubt that it will ever be a threat to Nintendo, Sony knew this as well, that's why they've decided to cater to a different (niche) market.

It's not just the Vita - by the way many of us, me included, considered back in the day PSP doomed for good, yet it fared quite well in Japan overall, so I wouldn't write it off too early - or IPhone, IPad, smartphones or tablets; regardless of what its competitors do, in order to keep the lead, Nintendo ought to bring out new good-quality games on a regular basis, never leaving any hole in 3DS's line-up schedule like they did with Wii, that was the best selling platform yet it has had a very embarassing lack of software for some long periods.

z0m3le

Banned
Nintendo can't be too much self-confident and take the success for granted, and the supposed lack of competitors should not be an excuse for a poor effort software-wise, people are not going to buy 3DS without games just for the sake of it - even if Vita was discontinued theoretically - it takes more than that.

It's not just the Vita - by the way many of us, me included, considered back in the day PSP doomed for good, yet it fared quite well in Japan overall, so I wouldn't write it off too early - or IPhone, IPad, smartphones or tablets; regardless of what its competitors do, in order to keep the lead, Nintendo ought to bring out new good-quality games on a regular basis, never leaving any hole in 3DS's line-up schedule like they did with Wii, that was the best selling platform yet it has had a very imbarassing lack of software for some long periods.

I think they are doing that, and I think they have a zelda and possibly something like DKCR3D for next year, I forgot about Pokemon, that should be coming this fall "grey" right? so I think 3DS is actually covered, I'd also be surprised if a Monolith game didn't come out before the end of 2013, so we should see a pretty solid line up for the next 20 months from now., but i think we are hearing you loud and clear, it's just that Nintendo's competition in the handheld market should allow them to focus on their home console this year for launch, because Wii U being a success could be control over the entire game industry.

No we don’t, but seeing as they’re supporting normal Wii Remotes, and there’s already two iterations of that one, I can’t see them making a third. Also Wii Remote Plus is fine as it is, they just need to make Motion Plus a requirement (also won’t happen).

Normal remotes aren't compatible, only the new ones with MotionPlus built-in or old remotes with a MotionPlus expansion...pretty sure I heard that but can't remember where now.

You may be right there, I am not dismissing any possibility it may be out by end 2012 altogether, although to say it all I am not even expecting any footage of MH4 at E3: way too early, moreover they still have to make the most out of Monster hunter 3G, building up too much hype on MH4 right now may divert attention from the game that's been selling already better than Capcom's expectations and may keep selling for more months to come, unless a new game should be drawing near.

Edit: I expect a Pokemon game in september.

A new main Pokemon? I don't think so.
A sort of port from DS, like rumoured Grey? Maybe.
A Pokemon spin-off(Pokemon dash, Pokemon A/R, Pokemon snap)? Maybe

people say that about everything that isn't E3. "guys don't expect much, it's just an investors briefing" lol. I expect plenty more details on the wiiU regarding anything that isn't about games.

Salvadora

You may be right there, I am not dismissing any possibility it may be out by end 2012 altogether, although to say it all I am not even expecting any footage of MH4 at E3: way too early, moreover they still have to make the most out of Monster hunter 3G, building up too much hype on MH4 right now may divert attention from the game that's been selling already better than Capcom's expectations and may keep selling for more months to come, unless a new game should be drawing near.

A new main Pokemon? I don't think so.
A sort of port from DS? Maybe.
A Pokemon spin-off(Pokemon dash, Pokemon A/R, Pokemon snap)? Maybe

It will be 2 years since the last big Pokemon game, It's coming.

It's not just the Vita - by the way many of us, me included, considered back in the day PSP doomed for good, yet it fared quite well in Japan overall, so I wouldn't write it off too early - or IPhone, IPad, smartphones or tablets; regardless of what its competitors do, in order to keep the lead, Nintendo ought to bring out new good-quality games on a regular basis, never leaving any hole in 3DS's line-up schedule like they did with Wii, that was the best selling platform yet it has had a very imbarassing lack of software for some long periods.

You're right, but I hope Nintendo has learned their lesson, the line-up looks pretty good so far, there's Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear, Kid Icarus, Tekken coming in the next weeks. We know Monster Hunter 4, Zelda, new Marios, Pokémon, Animal Crossing are bound to come and if the DS is anything to go by, third parties probably won't abandon the 3DS either.
As for the Vita: I know the PSP did surprisingly well, but even as the surprise hit that it was it still sold less than half of the DS. And since the Vita is doing worse now and targeting a different demographic - and since Nintendo took a big slice of that demographic with games Monster Hunter (one big reason why the PSP did so well in Japan) or Resident Evil - there's really not much for them to worry about from Sony's side IMO.

Btw: I don't consider phones real competition, they are everyday devices that everyone owns/needs. Until I can play Nintendo games on an iPhone it will never be a substitute, especially not when the only way of input is the touch screen. Sure, iOS and Android may take some sales from handhelds, but a cellphone and a dedicated gaming machine are still different things.
And as long as there are kids, there'll be a place for Nintendo handhelds - I bought two 3DSs for christmas for my little brother and my little cousin, if I had given them an iPhone instead they would have thrown it against the wall since they can't play Nintendogs, Pokémon or Mario Kart with their friends on a phone.

Console Specs: (am I up to date?)

CPU: 3.5ghz 3 cores? IBM power7-based custom /w 32MB edram.
GPU: If 40nm; based on HD4870 ~1.2Gflops / If 28nm; based on HD7770 ~1.2Gflops
Ram: >1GB; most likely looking at 1.5GB GDDR3 (unless GDDR5 prices work out better in the long run as GDDR3 will likely be scarce during this consoles life span.
HDD: Minimum 8GB flash, my best guess however is 16GB flash to ensure Gamecube downloads + DLC.

I do believe the 32MB of edram was associated with the GPU and not the CPU. The CPU supposedly has 3MB of L2 Cache broken up in an asymmetrical way. IE something like 1.5MB to the main core and 756KB to each of the other cores. Though we've had no word on how it breaksdown and those amounts are just examples.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I know I read it somewhere... can't find it.
If Nintendo doesn't reveal any new information about Wii U at GDC, I wonder what Reggie was referring to when he in interviews with CNN and GameTrailer at CES said they would share more information between then and E3. It's unlikely however that they won't bring any news to GDC, seeing the wonderful opportunities they are being given.

If we look at the roadmap of industry events Nintendo is attending, this is the rundown (of more prominent events anyway):

WonderCon
16th of March 2012 - 18th of March 2012

This show (which is connected to Comic-Con International) is mostly for comic books, major Hollywood movie studios and stars of comics, movies, and television. But there is a department for gaming as well. Last year 3DS was featured there in several ways. Exhibiting game companies include Nintendo, Capcom and Namco Bandai. This is a potential place for news.

http://comic-con.org/wc/

MCM Expo Birmingham
31st of March 2012 - 1st of April 2012

Nintendo itself isn't exhibiting here, but they sponsor the event, and there is usually much Nintendo merchandise (comic books, plush dolls etc.) for sale. Not expecting anything here.

http://www.birminghamcomiccon.com/

PAX East 2012
6th of April 2012 - 8th of April 2012

While exhibitors and sponsors are yet to be announced, it is extremely likely for Nintendo to exhibit here. Last year they had a fairly large booth where several games for 3DS were available for play, including Pokémon Black/White, Steel Diver and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Many other gaming companies exhibit here as well, many of Nintendo's partners. A likely spot for news.

MCV Industry Excellence Awards 2012
19th of April 2012

This is an award show where new games aren't normally revealed, so I doubt we'll hear anything here. Nintendo (UK branch of Nintendo of Europe GmbH I suppose) has qualified as finalists in these categories: Games Publisher, Marketing Team, PR Team, Sales Team, Trade Marketing Team.

http://www.mcvawards.com/

MCM Expo Londo
25th of May 2012 - 27th of May 2012

This is the same format as the Birmingham event, but much bigger. And here we see multiple game companies, including Nintendo, Capcom, Microsoft, Tecmo Koei, Warner Bros. Interactive and more. For example, Nintendo showcased Xenoblade Chronicles last year at the event. Here I can see some kind of revelation regarding Wii U, though the chances are slim.

http://www.londonexpo.com/

I may have forgotten some events, but the above is what I have found listed. If you know of any more event Nintendo is attending, gimme a shout.

Now, they could of course distribute more information in a press release, just like they did when the Wii name was revealed on April 27th, 2006. I think however a simple press release wouldn't be enough. A theme site perhaps where new features are explained through articles, images and videos could be something. I doubt Nintendo wants to submit information in a surreptitious way after the confused turmoil that arose in conjunction with their media briefing at E3 2011. An inscrutable reveal of let's say a GPU based on ATI FirePro V9800 (this will never happen, it's just an example) would probably incite us readers of NeoGAF, but the mass market and the casual gamers would probably be disgruntled.

It will be 2 years since the last big Pokemon game, It's coming.

He said Grey, which is almost certainly what is coming. ;)

The question is whether it will be for 3DS or not. Given Game Freak's hiring's last year (people with experience in 3D graphics) and that the company will have had 3DS kits for around 3 years come September, 3DS would seem to be more likely, but logic and GF do not always go hand in hand. Anyway, an announcement will be made in/around the release May's Corocoro (~April 15th).

Rösti;35274564 said:
If Nintendo doesn't reveal any new information about Wii U at GDC, I wonder what Reggie was referring to when he in interviews with CNN and GameTrailer at CES said they would share more information between then and E3. It's unlikely however that they won't bring any news to GDC, seeing the wonderful opportunities they are being given.

You see, despite the multiple appearances, Nintendo simply will not announce anything at any of these events. Many are too discrete for the majority gaming public to notice, and thus any announcements would be missed.

This is why it's likely we'll see new information emerge at either a) GDC, b) Nintendo's own event/conference/talk or c) nothing will be announced at all till E3 - the latter here being the impossible, clearly.

So seeing as Nintendo have a large booth at GDC, have announced information/games at the event in the past and will have the appropriate amount of attention/exposure, I think it's highly likely we'll be getting Wii U news at GDC this March.

spekkeh

Banned
In that case I'm going with the impossible. Perhaps some things will be announced (new online service etc), but E3s where it's going to be at. The final form, the new name, the price and release date and the games will all be revealed there.

In that case I'm going with the impossible. Perhaps some things will be announced (new online service etc), but E3s where it's going to be at. The final form, the new name, the price and release date and the games will all be revealed there.

Yeah, totally.

Don't get me wrong, we're not getting anything like a new name reveal, price, launch period or major changes at GDC. It's more likely we'll hear about a few new games, some more 3rd party support, and like you say, some online infrastructure details.

Salvadora

Usually Nintendo rolls out the bad news before E3 like the Wii name so we can get used to it, so this time I think it might be the price :/

I have no problem with a higher price than the Wii launch, As long as i see worth. I hope it isn't just 'Oh look guys we have HD multiplats'.

Luigison

I want a sequel using the U pad.
Untitled.png
Awesome game, but at first glance I instantly thought of Super Rub-a-dub on PS3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6e-dCHLGh0 Which is also an awesome game.

Super_Rub_a_Dub.png

spekkeh

Banned
Is this actually their most secretive console release yet? Or is it just me that's much less hyped about it than previous releases? (I'll get it launch day, no question about it, just not a nintendo fanboy anymore like I used to be). I mean we know about the wiipad/subscreen, and we've seen some techdemoes and some third party games that aren't even exclusive (just the experimental thing by Ubisoft). What else? Zilch. And it's going to be with us in eight till ten months time.

Salvadora

Is this actually their most secretive console release yet? Or is it just me that's much less hyped about it than previous releases? (I'll get it launch day, no question about it, just not a nintendo fanboy anymore like I used to be). I mean we know about the wiipad/subscreen, and we've seen some techdemoes and some third party games that aren't even exclusive (just the experimental thing by Ubisoft). What else? Zilch. And it's going to be with us in eight till ten months time.
Its been a long time with little to no information. I couldn't care less really about its power, I just want to know about games.

Power is no longer a concern for me.

Seeing what developers have achieved using current generation hardware, and how far they can push the systems and their component parts, I am in full confidence that we'll get some amazing looking games (especially first party titles) on the Wii U.
Having a system that's, say, only 2x as powerful would be incredible regardless of competition.

I keep saying it, but it's true: HD Zelda and Mario! For games that are consistently outstanding gameplay wise, we're going to have a real visual treat when Nintendo reveal what their EAD teams are working on.
It honestly won't matter to me if we see the power of the NEXTBOX being 6x the current generation and Nintendo's efforts turn out to be weaker than expected, because the results will still be phenomenal.

AntMurda

I keep saying it, but it's true: HD Zelda and Mario! For games that are consistently outstanding gameplay wise, we're going to have a real visual treat when Nintendo reveal what their EAD teams are working on.

Don't forget their SPD teams. While they may not make the huge blockbuster titles, they make some of the most inventive - original stuff. Rhythm Heaven, Band Brothers, Tomodachi Collection, Kiki Trick, Metroid, and WarioWare.

z0m3le

Banned
I do believe the 32MB of edram was associated with the GPU and not the CPU. The CPU supposedly has 3MB of L2 Cache broken up in an asymmetrical way. IE something like 1.5MB to the main core and 756KB to each of the other cores. Though we've had no word on how it breaksdown and those amounts are just examples.

GPU getting the edram would be better, so that makes sense, I remember IBM or maybe it was a developer mentioning that the CPU had a lot of embedded memory though, and if it's shared between the cores, wouldn't it be L3 type memory? if it's Asymmetrically set up, I would imagine something like 8MB, 4MB for primary and 2MB for the others, seems like a 4core with a disabled CPU, but that just wouldn't make any sense, so I assume that we probably just need more info on the CPU to really work out what it is.

NeoRausch

I just had a thought (i guess averybody else but me thought about it)

a day off, beeing home, open up a beer, play a game on my wii u, fiance comes home, just put that fully fledged hd game on the tablet, put headphones on, more beer.

BEST.THING.EVER.!

Salvadora

a day off, beeing home, open up a beer, play a game on my wii u, fiance comes home, just put that fully fledged hd game on the tablet, put headphones on, more beer.

BEST.THING.EVER.!

What if the game has 2 screen features??

Cramoss

Power is no longer a concern for me.

Seeing what developers have achieved using current generation hardware, and how far they can push the systems and their component parts, I am in full confidence that we'll get some amazing looking games (especially first party titles) on the Wii U.
Having a system that's, say, only 2x as powerful would be incredible regardless of competition.

It honestly won't matter to me if we see the power of the NEXTBOX being 6x the current generation and Nintendo's efforts turn out to be weaker than expected, because the results will still be phenomenal.

This man speaks the truth.

BEST.THING.EVER.!

Yup.
Wii U is gonna ruin a lot of relationships.

z0m3le

Banned
Didn't someone a few pages back say that Nintendo has it's own event in march? he speculated that they would give more info there, which makes sense if there is such an event, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Didn't someone a few pages back say that Nintendo has it's own event in march? he speculated that they would give more info there, which makes sense if there is such an event, anyone know what I'm talking about?

They have a Nintendo Direct in March, but I dunno how much Wii U info I'd expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom