• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman Day' Sale on PSN

Earendil

Looks like a bunch of Batman games are on sale this week. I picked up Return to Arkham since I missed it last gen.

Injustice 2 Ultimate Pack: $27.99
Injustice 2: $41.99
Arkham Knight: $7.99
Arkham Knight Season Pass: $7.99
Return to Arkham: $11.99
Lego Batman 3: $7.99
Arkham VR: $13.99
Injustice Ultimate Edition: $7.99
Lego Batman 3 Season Pass: $5.99
Lego Batman 3 Deluxe Edition: $13.99

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-MSF77008-BATMANWEEKGAMESG?emcid=pa-st-111690

Mark me down if old.

UPDATE:

There are quite a few other deals going on as well: (Add to OP?)

-Nier Automata: $38.99
-Battlefield 1 Revolution (Game+Season Pass): $40.19
-Battlefield 1 Season Pass : $29.99 (40% discount)
-Everything Assasin Creed discounted.

The story mode alone in Injustice 2 is worth it for that price!

That game is incredible!

EDIT: Read the wrong price lol! Still worth getting.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I would get Arkham Knight again if it had Pro support. The game was a looker on OG PS4. I would love to see it in 4k HDR.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I've watched lots of DC stuff that are better than Bats vs Supes :V

Oh yeah, for sure for DC in general. I meant that the game itself also has a much more enjoyable story and more compelling character interactions than the movie.

Tizoc

Oh yeah, for sure for DC in general. I meant that the game itself also has a much more enjoyable story and more compelling character interactions than the movie.

My one gripe with IJ is the whole 'Batman is right' approach. I'm a Supes (and Supergirl) guy :S

adamsapple

My one gripe with IJ is the whole 'Batman is right' approach. I'm a Supes (and Supergirl) guy :S

This we disagree on I guess. I think Superman as a 'boy-scout' character is extremely dull and boring. Evil/Dick Supes is much more entertaining.

.J.

Banned
Is Return to Arkham still having performance issues on the PS4 pro? Would love to fiddle with these games again, but even at 11.99 I don't want to pay for a broken experience.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

adamsapple

Is Return to Arkham still having performance issues on the PS4 pro? Would love to fiddle with these games again, but even at 11.99 I don't want to pay for a broken experience.

Return to arkham didn't have any specific problems on the Pro, it just didn't have any Pro updates they promised. The game runs 1 : 1 to a normal PS4, even dropping resolution on the same spots according to the last DF video on it.

Originally City ran with an un-capped frame rate and would tend to stick to 50's and above but the last patch capped it to 30 FPS like OG PS4. It's a really weird situation there.

Ahasverus

How much for the Ezio Collection?

.J.

Banned
Return to arkham didn't have any specific problems on the Pro, it just didn't have any Pro updates they promised. The game runs 1 : 1 to a normal PS4, even dropping resolution on the same spots according to the last DF video on it.

Originally City ran with an un-capped frame rate and would tend to stick to 50's and above but the last patch capped it to 30 FPS like OG PS4. It's a really weird situation there.

But I've seen a lot saying the 1.02 update added pro support but that the game ran worse afterward.

bman94

Hmmm...contemplating Return to Arkham since I never played Asylum.

Also is Arkham Knight PS4 Pro enhanced? I have it already on Xbox One but haven't gotten around to playing it yet so I wonder if there's any big graphical difference for a 1080p set.

Ahasverus

Hmmm...contemplating Return to Arkham since I never played Asylum.

Also is Arkham Knight PS4 Pro enhanced? I have it already on Xbox One but haven't gotten around to playing it yet so I wonder if there's any big graphical difference for a 1080p set.
It doesn't, but it's still one of this generation showcases. I can't think of anything a PRO patch could add.

Compbros

I'm a Supes guy too to the point where I always main him in any game I can play with him but the story is really good. It's like "Supes v. Bats" and more about trying to get Superman out of jail and toppling The Society while a bigger threat looms. There's also the ending where you can choose whether Superman or Batman wins.

Earendil

I'll update, thanks for the info.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Bought Return to Arkham during an EU sale awhile back, was quite satisfied with its performance on Pro.

Looked and played considerably better than it did on PS3, and you really can't fault the sheer amount of content in the package, especially at sale prices.

Compbros

This we disagree on I guess. I think Superman as a 'boy-scout' character is extremely dull and boring. Evil/Dick Supes is much more entertaining.

Agreed. That's why I never got into superman. Too dull.

Oh.....and Batman is always right

I always say, why do people uphold this idea of Superman that they got from the 70s of him being a boyscout but accept modern day Batman instead of the hokey 70s Batman? Superman is far from boring and far from a boy-scout, he's stiflingly heroic.

spad3

Holy crap you can get the 3 main series Batman games for 20 bucks.

Impressive. I might just bite even though I've played them all.

watdaeff4

I always say, why do people uphold this idea of Superman that they got from the 70s of him being a boyscout but accept modern day Batman instead of the hokey 70s Batman? Superman is far from boring and far from a boy-scout, he's stiflingly heroic.

Because my opinion is fact.

And he's boring.
:p
Is Return to Arkham worth replaying?
Depends on how much you like the games. For me it absolutely was, but I love the Arkham games.

How is the pacing of Arkham Knight, does it drag? And are Batmobile sections forced or can they be skipped?
Some parts are forced just for the main campaign and some more is forced for part of the sidequests.
I wasn't a fan of the amount that you have to use the Batmobile, my biggest problem with the game. Though I understand why they introduced it. (Otherwise, people would realize it's the exact same game as City and Origins with a new coat of paint)

AAK

How is the pacing of Arkham Knight, does it drag? And are Batmobile sections forced or can they be skipped?

Bizzquik

And this is why I will not buy Return to Arkham.

That Eurogamer article is pretty jarring. Warner Brothers went out of its way to make the PS4 Pro version no better than PS4 Standard. They locked out system-level improvements for a more consistent frame rate experience, etc. No improvements, no options - this is the way it is.

I'm not ordinarily a tin-foil hat guy, but I genuinely believe they are going to treat Arkham like Capcom treats Resident Evil 4: drip, drip, drip on marginal improvements across new consumer electronics devices that consumers have to pay for....rather than making a solid effort from the jump.

Arkham City should have been glorious on Pro. Sadly, it isn't.

Juraash

I had wanted to get Return to Arkham anyways. I still haven't played the last game but I kind of wanted to go through the whole trilogy in one shot. This seems like a good time to make it happen.

Is the Arkham Knight season pass worth it? I've been really wanting to play more since I beat all the side missions of the main game. Also is Return To Arkham worth it, the graphic changes look kinda terrible.

Top Bottom