• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Sterling launched a new show, Commentocracy

https://youtu.be/ejh_Dt3z46Q

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kr80dducu80

Jim reads elitist gamer quotes as an 18th century aristrocrat. Glad to see gag become its own series.

giphy.gif

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The feature is a fun idea but Im not really into the "let's dress up and do a goofy voice" kind of humour.

Oxirane

I wonder if acting as an aristocrat will be too limiting. Some comments made by various heroes of the web would probably be funnier with different types of voices.

Lanrutcon

Well, the Steam forums are an infinite mine of stupidity and ignorance. Can't cross a page without finding something that inspires comedy.

Shifty

I wonder if acting as an aristocrat will be too limiting. Some comments made by various heroes of the web would probably be funnier with different types of voices.

I for one hope he assembles a roster for Commentocracy and rolls out an appropriate character for each episode.

nynt9

Jim continues to signal boost low quality and toxic content (just like him highlighting garbage steam games). I'm just tired of all these gaming personas that exclusively promote negativity. No thanks.

Zedark

Awesome, he did this sketch as part of a Jimquisition once, right? Nice to see it spun off into a separate show!

This is the first time I've heard the word "consolization" (and in a derogatory way at that). Some people are just so absurd. He could live off videos like this if he ever dug up the comments of that crazy lunatic who created the ULTIMATE PC RPG, Grimore: Herald's of the Winged Exemplar. Do yourself a favor and look him up.

danowat

Banned
At least it's not about mictrotransactions or Warner!

It's funny, bit like something they used to do on the radio here reading out troll comments using the google translate voice.

FHIZ

Has he said anywhere how often he’d be doing these? I feel like monthly would be a good dosage of this opposed to weekly.

Nevertheless, fantastic.

Cob32

That was hilarious, I hope this becomes a regular thing.

On a side note, I always think his aristocrat character looks like something from Ace Attorney.

Oxirane

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone own the copyright the the text that Jim is reading? Can the original posters do a contentID or perform a DMCA takedown request?

jobrro

Enjoyed it, thanks Jim.

Will keep an eye out for these episodes in future. I am sure there is material for the show being created by Masters each day by the handful.

edgefusion

That was hysterical, actually laughed out loud. Love this character, thank god for Jim Sterling and thank god for Amiel.

Top Bottom